• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS is not an act of God, but rather an act of man

Do you agree?

• YES

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • NO

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

SaveMe

Mother nature is not to blame here.

Environmental factors, toxins, chemicals, vaccines, medicines, etc throw our immune system into a constant state of chaos.

People with healthy immune systems don't get cancer.
People with healthy immune systems don't get diabetes.
People with healthy immune systems don't get heart disease.

Something tripped my immune system up.

If ME/CFS was caused by a virus (think back to swine flu) the CDC would be all over it.

For me: received Cipro and Hep B Vaccine====> "bad flu"======> ME/CFS

SaveMe

Symptoms of Gulf War Illness:
exhaustion, headache, muscle pain, cognitive impairment (brain fog), sleep disturbances,gastrointestinal symptoms (I.B.S), dizziness and loss of balance.
Its been debated whether its a real disease. The govt continues to downplay it, and provides little research and funding.

I know they are two separate illnesses, but GWI is ME/CFS's closest relative.

Wonko

i'm at a loss to understand why you would think it was either

is a cold an act of god or man, is parkinsons an act of god or man, is arthritis an act of god or man

the question, let alone your assertion, is IMO meaningless

and may I suggest - not ME/CFS news.

SaveMe

Wonko,

I'm sorry but you are comparing apples and oranges. I have summarized Gulf War Illness above (the brother of CFS/ME). Environmental factors and toxins are a likely causation in Gulf War Illness. Parkinsons and Arthritis patients would not fulfill Canadian criteria, or even CDC criteria for CFS. Environmental factors and toxins are a likely causation in Multiple Sclerosis, another illness with which we share many similarities.

SaveMe

Wonko

yes I am, they are both fruit - or more literally they are all diseases, viral or autoimmune (which may turn out to be viral in nature) - given that, in what way are they not similar to ME?

I have no idea why your bringing up the ccc or cdc criteria - you made a general assertion that you didnt consider ME/CFS to be an act of god so it must be an act of man - now your bringing GWI and various ME diagnostic criteria - in wht way does this substantiate your assertion, or have any relevance to it?

This still isnt news, it's not discussion on news, although it is discussion I suppose, wonder if there's a place for that?

Wonko

my apologies, I shouldnt be posting atm

if you choose to believe that the men in black are responsible for ME or that everybody is out to get you then thats none of my business

please post what or where you like and ignore me

SaveMe

Arthritis is not even speculated to be caused by a virus or viruses. Osteoarthritis is associated with cartilage damage. While no single factor appears to cause cartilage damage, researchers emphasize: excess weight stresses the joints as do certain sports, work, and injury. Genetics is thought to play a role in osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease. genetics plays some role in the production of inflammation. Gout develops when excess uric acid accumulates in the body and crystals are deposited in the joints. Researchers have found specific genetic mutations that likely play a role in Parkinson's disease.

I'm bringing up CDC and CCC criteria to show how far off arthritis and parkinson's is to ME/CFS. People with GWI would pass CDC and maybe CCC criteria.

People with healthy immune systems don't get cancer.
People with healthy immune systems don't get diabetes.
People with healthy immune systems don't get heart disease.

Something? tripped my immune system up.

these things/conditions that you list are all caused by an initial virus creating the proper environment in which the problem condition flourishes. arthritis is a function of inflammation, which is created in response to virus; cancer can be a function of an acidic environment in which a virus flourishes; a healthy immune system is 80% in your gut which has been undone by the onslaught of the virus, creating a digestive system in failure; and heart disease is made easier to acquire because the virus causes the heart to become inflamed and again an unhealthy environment leads to many heart issues.

What likely tripped up your immune system was the virus at the root of all the problems, either directly or indirectly.

save me, will you reply indicating if you understand this principle or not. It defines your true enemy. I sense that you need to know this so you can direct your energy and anger appropriately.

SaveMe

these things/conditions that you list are all caused by an initial virus creating the proper environment in which the problem condition flourishes. arthritis is a function of inflammation, which is created in response to virus; cancer can be a function of an acidic environment in which a virus flourishes; a healthy immune system is 80% in your gut which has been undone by the onslaught of the virus, creating a digestive system in failure; and heart disease is made easier to acquire because the virus causes the heart to become inflamed and again an unhealthy environment leads to many heart issues.

What likely tripped up your immune system was the virus at the root of all the problems, either directly or indirectly.

save me, will you reply indicating if you understand this principle or not. It defines your true enemy. I sense that you need to know this so you can direct your energy and anger appropriately.

If ME/CFS was caused by a virus (think back to swine flu) the CDC would be all over it.

The swine influenza virus is not anywhere near the complicated level that is a retrovirus. sure the CDC was all over it, because it's an easy fix.

Also, if there is the remote possibility that a stealth virus escaped accidentally from a lab, or that it was released with intent, will the CDC be all over that? or will they do what they are now doing, and have done from before you were yet born, would they be denying and ignoring the whole thing? even though it is akin to murder, as you said in one of your posts. Which is your true feeling about the CDC? i'm confused...

Consider the aspect of "contagious". I know without a doubt that My Version of ME is highly contagious. I didn't get it from a vaccine. All of the horrid symptoms that you describe in yourself are also present in my own version of this illness. Of course this doesn't mean that we have the same disease, but I want you to know that I've been right before in assessing if someone else had the identical illness that I have. Maybe you would be well served to see if you're xmrv+ or not. It will cost you a lot less than you spent going down to Miami to see Dr. Klimas (not saying that was a bad move, it certainly wasn't; i trust it was helpful to you).

Coughing and sneezing, exchanging saliva = a virus that easily spreads. So many people are sick, and it's happening after they have close contact with others. True virus pattern. What is your vaccine that is contagious like this?

I will grant to you that you and I may possibly have different illness origins, but in my experience that started 10 years before your birth, I have seen this disease spread like the pandemic at which it currently stands. From my experience, it appears to be viral. I could be wrong / maybe you got something from being vaccinated. Actually I really hope you don't have a retrovirus, and i hope like hell that you will find your illness isn't like mine. But unfortunately it sure sounds like what i have.

ok, so there you have my opinion. I'm no scientist but my degree of observation is strong after so many years. Sorry you are so sick, and at your youthful age , it's really not good... not Worse than others, but I know what you mean about being affected at your age. I did once say to you that my daughter was a teenager when she became ill; don't know if you really heard that or not. Imagine how a parent feels. It's worse than being sick myself.

Last thing: hopefully you can carry your ability to critically think and use your intellectual ability to advocate for Treatment of your illness in places that will make a difference. Your youth helps here. We older generation sufferers are getting pretty worn out from this BS.

Best hopes for you.

SaveMe

First, your assuming that ME/CFS is caused by a retrovirus, when the science is not there yet (at least to this day 4/17/11) The serology/culture assays by Vipdx are greatly inaccurate its not even funny.

Next, please compare the differences and similarities between GWI and CFS. You will find substantially more similarities. Take it one step further, and discover that GWI is the result of environmental factors, toxins, chemicals vaccines etc.

The cluster outbreak in Lydonville NY with Dr Bell who treated the children were later discovered to be adverse reactions to vaccines mandated for school. Incline Village--> thats a whole other story.

I understand that for some people, thats all it took was a virus. I will not deny that some CFS sufferers have this illness to a virus, and a virus alone. Or many viruses, for that matter.

I do believe that I was vaccinated with Hep B, this caused immune system dysregulation, which made me more vulnerable to viruses. But for me, the Hep B Vaccine is the root cause as to why a 20 year old male is even spending his time on this forum. Go to WHO type in CFS. Whats the first hit?

First, your assuming that ME/CFS is caused by a retrovirus, when the science is not there yet (at least to this day 4/17/11) The serology/culture assays by Vipdx are greatly inaccurate its not even funny.

well, actually I'm not assuming anything. I do have tremendous trust in Dr. Mikovits and the lab with which she's associated. The rest is purely my own instinct. After you speak with Judy (if you get the opportunity), you may see what I'm saying. I am not a scientist, and you aren't; but she certainly is the best. I am so ignorant about the scientific aspect that there is no choice but to trust someone. I choose Judy Mikovits.

added: be informed that I'm not saying Dr. Mikovits is working in the Vipdx lab, but in the past she's been closely tied with them. That's a good thing btw.

SaveMe

How much did you pay to talk to her? Or did you chat via email ?

I know WPI is our only hope in this mess, they are the only ones throwing down the cash in the interest of us.

I know WPI is our only hope in this mess, they are the only ones throwing down the cash in the interest of us.

Since the Science publication, she's much harder to reach. She's had to spend so much time and energy defending the work; it's been a huge detriment to patients that the frivolous negative studies have tied her up time wise.

You know what I did? I just showed up in Reno and she graciously accepted me, and we met a few times after that...i'm in some studies, they have my blood.
I don't think that will work these days lol. email her, it takes a lot longer now. It's a sign of the times that she's not as accessible. Thankfully WPI got going better. The downside is that we patients lost some access.

SaveMe

Wise Words 5150.

Im excited about the upcoming WPI Clinic to open this summer!! :)

You sure do have courage though, ill admit it.

yeah, i was desperate. 1 1/2 years ago. still desperate, need to try something. probably arv's. running out of time here.