• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Protocols of Freddd and Rich together with detox of mercury and/or candida?

Hi!

Im sorry if this came up in another thread but I searched every thread in this forum and couldnt find much.

Has anyone suggestions about following Freddds and/or Richs protocol and doing mercury detox with DMSA and ALA and/or taking something for candida (like Diflucan, Nystatine, Probiotics etc.)?

Could it be done simultaneously?

I think dannybex wrote something about high mercury levels and that B12 can have negative effects in such cases. And I think Rich said something about being cautious with active B12s when having high mercury levels ???

It would be great if Freddd and/or Rich could give an answer but of course I appreciate every opinion and experience.

I want to thank everybody here on the forum for sharing their experiences and opinions and the interesting discussions. When I have some experience with treatments and more knowledge about certain topics I would be happy to contribute more to the forum.

Best regards

Oliver

Freddd

Hi!

Im sorry if this came up in another thread but I searched every thread in this forum and couldnt find much.

Has anyone suggestions about following Freddds and/or Richs protocol and doing mercury detox with DMSA and ALA and/or taking something for candida (like Diflucan, Nystatine, Probiotics etc.)?

Could it be done simultaneously?

I think dannybex wrote something about high mercury levels and that B12 can have negative effects in such cases. And I think Rich said something about being cautious with active B12s when having high mercury levels ???

It would be great if Freddd and/or Rich could give an answer but of course I appreciate every opinion and experience.

I want to thank everybody here on the forum for sharing their experiences and opinions and the interesting discussions. When I have some experience with treatments and more knowledge about certain topics I would be happy to contribute more to the forum.

Best regards

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

On the mercury question, I tend to agree with Dr Cutler, that mb12 would help mobilize, detoxify and excrete mercury if it does anything at all. Dr Cutler said that while mercury and mb12 are very reactive in a test tube, pure and in high concentration, that in the body they just don't react much at all. The reference of Rich's was two reports of suspected of possible neurological effects from very high dose IV methylb12. I performed some calculations based on the research I could find and found that with unreasonable assumptions (10% of mb12 reacting) that 700mg of MB12 IV might cause enough reaction to get to some appreciable percentage of the minimum toxic effects level of methylmercury in the serum. A more realistic 1% of mb12 reacting and 1/10 of 1% comes out to 7 grams of mb12 IV or 70 grams IV of mb12 required. As repeated IV inputs of mb12 of 35 grams can be used for cyanide poisoning detoxification, the doses required might be of concern if a person is absolutly loaded with mercury and was poisoned with cyanide and they use the mb12 35 grams IV for neutralizing cyanide (makes non-toxic cyanocbl which is rapidly excreted). However, with a realistic dose of 5mg sublingual (1mg injected equivalent) it is a very different situation from taking 35,000mg (35,000,000mcg) in an IV dose over and over. One 35000th is not going to produce the same effects. It takes 7mg of mb12 to donate their methyl groups to methylate 1mg of mercury. It takes 30mg of methylmercury to begin to have low level toxic effects, so it would take 100% of 210mg of mb12 to cause the beginning of methylmercury toxicity. It isn't magic. You can't whisper "methylb12" over a person with mercury in their body and have any methylation. So I think that the fears are entirely unjustified. More realistically I think is that 1mg of mercury could disable 100% of all the methylb12 a person normally would have in their body over a 5 year period and cause mb12 deficiency symptoms. 80% of mercury symptoms are entirely consistent with mb12 deficiency.

Adster

I'm treating mercury with the Cutler protocol and also supplementing mb12. I have had only improvements so far after starting the mb12. The most interesting to me was that after some chelation rounds my eyesight(colour, sharpness and contrast) would improve temporarily. The mb12 has made that improvement permanent, so far.

anne_likes_red

I'm treating mercury with the Cutler protocol and also supplementing mb12. I have had only improvements so far after starting the mb12. The most interesting to me was that after some chelation rounds my eyesight(colour, sharpness and contrast) would improve temporarily. The mb12 has made that improvement permanent, so far.

That's great Adster! :)) Are you taking active folates as well...or is the extra improvement with MB12 alone?

Anne.

Adster

Hi Anne. I'm taking other methylation supps, ie SAM-e, methylfolate, ad12 and zinc. Also nystatin as DMSA supposedly promotes yeast. Fingers crossed the slow improvement continues!

@ Freddd
Thank you for your detailed answer. I really appreciate that you take your time to answer all the questions.

Adster
Thanks for sharing your experience. It's great to hear that it seems to work for you. I hope that your improvement continues.