• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AIDS-Like disease spreading in China - anyone heard from hanchuchu?

Merry

Enid

Thanks for posting Merry - I wonder if you have viewed Sushi's post 844 - Forum Antiretroviral Trial - recently. K de M and others (pres WPI/Chia etc poised to make announcements soon) says XMRV is a lot like HIV - it is not XMRV as such that makes us "chronic" but co-infections in the presence of XMRV. Just a thought but we are much looking forward here to the London Iime May Conference when hopefully K de M will present all his findings and treatments. Something of a "biggie" coming up on XMRV and related viruses we hear. Might relate if these types of virus (retroviruses) are found to be widespread.

Carrigon

That's exactly what I went through in 91. And I also had the HIV test a bunch of times and it was always negative. And I picked this up from someone I was dating. Destroyed my life. But all these years later, instead of a low white cell count, I'm now told I have a high white cell count. I've always been pretty sure what I got was the same as what's spreading in China. I hope we all get real answers some day.

when i first got infected with XMRV(which is positive now) i thought it was HIV this happened last year i had all the typical ARS like symptoms and i was 100% sure it was HIV, i took at least 12 tests over the course of 8 months PCRs and antibodies and HIV was ruled all the tests were negative, i tested negative 4 times for HTLV as well and my XMRV test was positive, my current symptoms are, brain demyelination, fatigue,brain fog, white thrush, swollen tongue with teethmarks around it, many skin problems, cognitive problems, pain in my spleen,liver, testis, IBS, lower back pain, major sound and light sensitivity, and i feel as if i had a bunch of aunts running around in my brain. My doctor has officially diagnosed me with ME. and to me there is no doubt that XMRV is real and is causing me all these health problems. I was a very healthy guy with a very active life and now i can barely keep up with my job...

If i didn't know that XMRV is out there i would still be thinking that i have HIV even after all the negative tests because i got this after a condom breakage when having sex at least that's how i got it.. other possible ways of transmission is saliva but i doubt it..

There is people by the bunches in HIV forums thinking they are infected with HIV and wondering why their tests keep coming back negative i was at poz.com and thebody.com for at least 6 months because i was convinced that i had gotten HIV and i saw and met many many people in the same situation, people that after having unprotected sex they get sick with my exact same symptoms that resemble HIV but yet their HIV tests are negative and no surprise the ones that have tested for XMRV are all positive..

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Maybe they just need to exercise more, its probably just mass hysteria, gee most people feel tired all the time and lose 30kg for no reason and have swollen lymph nodes, joint pains and show immune abnormalities, there just depressed.

Merry

when i first got infected with XMRV(which is positive now) i thought it was HIV this happened last year i had all the typical ARS like symptoms and i was 100% sure it was HIV, i took at least 12 tests over the course of 8 months PCRs and antibodies and HIV was ruled all the tests were negative, i tested negative 4 times for HTLV as well and my XMRV test was positive, my current symptoms are, brain demyelination, fatigue,brain fog, white thrush, swollen tongue with teethmarks around it, many skin problems, cognitive problems, pain in my spleen,liver, testis, IBS, lower back pain, major sound and light sensitivity, and i feel as if i had a bunch of aunts running around in my brain. My doctor has officially diagnosed me with ME. and to me there is no doubt that XMRV is real and is causing me all these health problems. I was a very healthy guy with a very active life and now i can barely keep up with my job...

If i didn't know that XMRV is out there i would still be thinking that i have HIV even after all the negative tests because i got this after a condom breakage when having sex at least that's how i got it.. other possible ways of transmission is saliva but i doubt it..

There is people by the bunches in HIV forums thinking they are infected with HIV and wondering why their tests keep coming back negative i was at poz.com and thebody.com for at least 6 months because i was convinced that i had gotten HIV and i saw and met many many people in the same situation, people that after having unprotected sex they get sick with my exact same symptoms that resemble HIV but yet their HIV tests are negative and no surprise the ones that have tested for XMRV are all positive..

Hi, Roma.

I'm very sorry to hear that your health remains so bad, with multiple severe symptoms.

Very grim news indeed that you've found many others online with a similar story.

Thanks for checking in -- and expendng precious energy -- to let others know what is going on.

Merry

Maybe they just need to exercise more, its probably just mass hysteria, gee most people feel tired all the time and lose 30kg for no reason and have swollen lymph nodes, joint pains and show immune abnormalities, there just depressed.

Yes, heapsreal, more exercise. That will help, really help. Oh brother.

heapsreal

Yes, heapsreal, more exercise. That will help, really help. Oh brother.

Im being sarcastic, giving treatment advice like CDC of the 80s, olsers web is having an effect on me. Sorry if my humor was taken the wrong way. Im very pro immune infectious cause of cfs.

cheers!!!

Merry

Oh, heapsreal, I'm so sorry! I knew exactly what you meant, and I was agreeing, using my own sarcasm. Now I see how you could have misunderstood -- how stupid I sound! I must be more careful. My apologies.

heapsreal

Like i PM'd you, all is cool, but if u thought i was attacking cfs by saying more exercise, you should have really given it to me and bit my head off, lol.

your cool,
cheers!!!

Daffodil

dont ever doubt this can be transmitted by saliva. i was a virgin when i got this and it was from a kiss. ugh what an awful man, too. a real pig. and i knew he was bad news. how stupid stupid stupid i was. o God why

Merry

Daffodil, your story brought tears to my eyes. So unjust that you've had to suffer like this, on and on. And because of a kiss.

I, too, think our illness is transmissible by saliva.

ixchelkali

Did you see this other article about it? http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china/aids-like-disease-hiv-china-hiv-phobia-37509.html

China's Center for Disease Control (CCDC) dismissed the patients' claims and classified them as having HIV-phobia.

According to the CCDC, because they are afraid of contracting AIDS, these patients have developed psychological problems, leading them to suffer AIDS-like symptoms

So far people have reported five common symptoms that have not been reported by those who have tested HIV-positive: white tongue "fur," a lack of elasticity in the skin, excessive joint pains, muscle spasms, and a sensation of skin-crawling.

Early symptoms include light fever and coughing, followed by all kinds of different symptoms. According to Internet groups, many patients died within two to five years after the symptoms started to develop.

Since the discovery of this AIDS-like disease in 2000, no patient has been known to recover, they say.

The disease can be easily spread to the entire family, heightening the fear among those who suffer from the symptoms. Mostly young to middle-aged people have reported having symptoms and say their children have also developed similar symptoms as well. A child was reported to have contracted the disease while in the womb.

A commonly reported early symptom is the swelling of the lymph nodes. The lymphatic system is an important part of the immune system, and swollen lymph nodes can signify viral infection.

It doesn't sound quite like ME/CFS. I don't see why it couldn't be yet another human retrovirus, or maybe a varient strain of any existing one. It would be interesting to test them for PMLV and/or XMRV, wouldn't it? But it doesn't sound like the Chinese CDC is likely to persue it, since they've decided they're all hypochondriacs.

Doesn't it seem the least bit odd to any of these psych-types that previously well-adjusted people would suddenly "come down with" hypochondria? Or that there would be hypochondria epidemics? Sheesh, I wish they taught logic and critical thinking in med schools.

Merry

Thanks, ixchelkali, for the link to the Epoch story written last June.

Some details in the earlier story sound familiar, so perhaps someone provided a link to it in hanchuchu's thread and I saw it months ago. But I haven't checked that thread for a long time.

You are right that some symptoms people are complaining of do not sound sound like symptoms of ME/CFS, and many people have died within a few years of onset.

eric_s

They are going around trying to infect people? I understand their situation is desperate, but how can they do that? If they tried to infect some high ranking people that don't want to help, but random people... don't they have any conscience?

What i wonder is why the WHO is not interested. If it's so highly infectious it must spread to other countries.

*GG*

when i first got infected with XMRV(which is positive now) i thought it was HIV this happened last year i had all the typical ARS like symptoms and i was 100% sure it was HIV, i took at least 12 tests over the course of 8 months PCRs and antibodies and HIV was ruled all the tests were negative, i tested negative 4 times for HTLV as well and my XMRV test was positive, my current symptoms are, brain demyelination, fatigue,brain fog, white thrush, swollen tongue with teethmarks around it, many skin problems, cognitive problems, pain in my spleen,liver, testis, IBS, lower back pain, major sound and light sensitivity, and i feel as if i had a bunch of aunts running around in my brain. My doctor has officially diagnosed me with ME. and to me there is no doubt that XMRV is real and is causing me all these health problems. I was a very healthy guy with a very active life and now i can barely keep up with my job...QUOTE]

Your Dr diagnosed you with ME? I didn't think that diagnosis was given out in the US?! I'm confused!

GG

*GG*

I thought I saw something posted recently where Judy M. is saying that it is the case?! I have had trouble following the forums the last few days, lot of activity!

GG

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1010095

Clinical Symptoms

The first patient, a 42-year-old male farmer, presented with fever (temperatures of 39.2 to 39.7C), fatigue, conjunctival congestion, diarrhea, abdominal pain, leukocytopenia, thrombocytopenia, proteinuria, and hematuria. Later, a unique group of hospitalized patients with acute high fever with thrombocytopenia was identified. We analyzed only 81 patients with laboratory-confirmed SFTSV infection who had a complete medical record for the clinical spectrum of SFTS. The clinical symptoms of SFTS were nonspecific, and the major symptoms included fever and gastrointestinal symptoms. Regional lymphadenopathy was also frequently observed (Table 2Table 2
Clinical Symptoms of Hospitalized Patients with Laboratory-Confirmed SFTS.). The most common abnormalities on laboratory testing were thrombocytopenia (95%) and leukocytopenia (86%) (Table 3Table 3
Laboratory Findings in Patients with SFTS.). Multiorgan failure developed rapidly in most patients, as shown by elevated levels of serum alanine aminotransferase, aspartate aminotransferase, creatine kinase, and lactate dehydrogenase. Proteinuria (in 84% of patients) and hematuria (in 59%) were also observed. Among the 171 confirmed cases, there were 21 deaths (12%). However, it is not clear how SFTSV caused these deaths.

Daffodil, your story brought tears to my eyes. So unjust that you've had to suffer like this, on and on. And because of a kiss.

I can't understand why research about transmission via saliva hasn't progressed more rapidly. I add my observation too, that this disease started in me via saliva. And I see it moving in others via aerosolization. This should be easily researched I would think...

Those who say it is not contagious, appear to be wrong. But I'm not a scientist. However, this topic is Extremely Important and deserves much more attention.