• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

acupuncture

My final tipping point for my CFS WAS acupuncture. I had 2 needles send so much pain through my legs when the needles were going in I jumped off the table...sort of. From there my legs were in so much pain, and it went from there, downhill. The signs of CFS were there before, but...that was my tipping point. Never again would I ever do acupuncture.:eek:

toddm1960

I gave acupuncture a good 6 month try......didn't make a darn bit of difference :( Insurance didn't cover one penny of of 150 bucks per visit either, so I guess it did make a difference......LOL. Has anyone had a positive result?

Jenny

There's been quite a lot of discussion on this - do a search and the posts/threads will come up.

moblet

Unknown Quantity
My final tipping point for my CFS WAS acupuncture...
Leslie, just out of curiosity, do you know if it was a Chinese or Japanese style you were being treated with? I've found the Chinese approach a bit too blunt and brutal but have had great results from Japanese styles, which are more specific and subtle. If it was possible to cause a lot of trouble just with a couple of tiny needles, this suggests to me that (1) your body is really sensitive and (2) whatever was done can likely be undone by someone who really knows what they're doing.