• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any preparation for XMRV blood test?

K

_Kim_

Well, I may have jumped the gun, but I ordered the test from Cooperative.

Donna, thanks for being willing to further the research for all of us. No one knows much about Cooperative and many of us don't have the resources to pay for such a test. Please come back and share your experiences with Cooperative and your test results.

Thanks,
Kim

kurt

Well, I may have jumped the gun, but I ordered the test from Cooperative. I see on the other posts that many are going with VIPdx as they cover active and inactive HMRV. I got so excited, I went for it, cuz Im so proactive and been sick so long....anyway, if it turns out postive (and I will get results much faster than VIP), then I will be so happy! How retarded is that?
Donna

Well, I agree with you and based on my conversations with them, think the Cooperative test will turn out to be more sensitive anyway. The cost for the PCR is the same as VIP, and besides, using a second lab will improve the credibility of any XMRV-CFS link. So why not support this as well, particularly if it helps people. Results are what counts. Glad someone is trying this route and hope you share the outcome (in a week or so?).

--Kurt

F

firbopt1997

dmarie4301: NKCP is the Natural Killer Cell Panel and the LYEA is the Lymphocyte Enumeration Assay. I found these tests are also offered at VIP Dx. The lady I spoke to said that these were markers in your body that help fight off disease like cancers and viruses.

In regards to any preparations, I am going with the VIP Dx response on this. I don't want to be taking anything that will skew the test results. They said it might mask an active infection.

D

dmarie4301

Acyclivir

Oh, thanks for that information. I will wait then, to do my test after Im off Acyclivir for awhile. You said VIPdx said two weeks. Well, whata a few more days. I'll hang onto my test from Cooperative for awhile to be on the safe side.

Thanks for catching that for me!

D

dmarie4301

Abbreviations

Thanks Firbo for the explanation on those abbreviated tests. I couldnt find it on the internet with a search. :confused:

Kati

Patient in training
dmarie4301: NKCP is the Natural Killer Cell Panel and the LYEA is the Lymphocyte Enumeration Assay. I found these tests are also offered at VIP Dx. The lady I spoke to said that these were markers in your body that help fight off disease like cancers and viruses.

In regards to any preparations, I am going with the VIP Dx response on this. I don't want to be taking anything that will skew the test results. They said it might mask an active infection.

Thanks for mentioning what NKCP means, along wiht LYEA. On the VIPDX there is a serie of tests for CFS, including the CFS pannel, among others. While I would like to be tested for all that, I have very little hope that my doctor would be able to understand the implications of all this, even a local infection disease guy. And if you are able to read whether it's normal or abnormal, are they able, like Dr Peterson is, to recommend the most appropriate therapy?

cfs since 1998

"viral load" refers to active virus or antibodies? Thanks.

Refers to the number of copies of the virus RNA/DNA, not antibodies.

I wonder if the VIP Diagnostics test will include viral load or will just give you a positive/negative result? Anyone know?