• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Australian people - where do you obtain Mutaflor and Culturelle?

anne_likes_red

I'm not willing to risk ordering probiotics from overseas because of recent experiences having had NZ Customs hold onto my supplements for a week or more.

So I figure my best bet is to either hop over the ditch :rolleyes: and pick some up or have a family member bring some back.

Can anyone suggest a supplier for Mutaflor and/or Culturelle?

Cheers,
Anne :)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Did they eventually give you your supps? iherb sell the product your after http://www.iherb.com/Culturelle-Culturelle-Probiotic-30-Veggie-Caps/7797?at=0 , but i find Inner health are a good probiotic that u can get in australia, not sure about NZ, although i do know it needs to stay refridgerated. Another good product for gastro problems is this http://www.bioceuticals.com.au/product.aspx?function=displayproduct&productid=201 and doesnt need to be refridgerated and can find it in different pharmacies here in aus, so maybe google around to find the best price. sb floractiv is a product my doc recommends and he is sort of a cfs guru in Brisbane. The active ingredient in sb floractiv can be found cheaper at www.iherb.com as well but if having customs problems it might be easier to order it from aus or get friends to bring it over.

Customs do suk thats for sure, i ordered kava from iherb and aus customs nabbed it even though u can buy it here at twice the price and half the quantity.

cheers!!!

anne_likes_red

Hi Heaps, yes they always deliver them....with a nice little note to let me know they inspected my parcel and didn't remove anything :) It's the time it takes that bothers me - esp with regard to probiotics.

That Floractiv SB looks good - thanks for that recommendation.

We get Inner Health here too - I was in a Otago University study a few years ago and they used that brand. It makes really good yogurt too so I know it's nice and active.

Thanks again!

Hi,

When your shipments are delayed have they been sent via regular mail? I live in the UK and order from iHerb quite a lot and choose their DHL delivery (12 US$ reduced to 8 this month it seems). Since they are a courier they would almost certainly expedite customs clearance. Generally speaking I get a delivery from them in California faster than I get a delivery from some suppliers in my own country - amazing service.

anne_likes_red

pken,

(sorry just saw your post here)

...You're right, the held up boxes have been via mail. If not intercepted that takes 5 or 6 days to arrive here.
I used DHL a couple of times (from Canada - not iherb) and it took around the same time.

I agree iherb has amazing service. I love that company! Actually I've had fantastic service from all US suppliers.

Next time, if it's something I need promptly I'll try the DHL option.

:)

Hi,

When your shipments are delayed have they been sent via regular mail? I live in the UK and order from iHerb quite a lot and choose their DHL delivery (12 US$ reduced to 8 this month it seems). Since they are a courier they would almost certainly expedite customs clearance. Generally speaking I get a delivery from them in California faster than I get a delivery from some suppliers in my own country - amazing service.