• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What are you going to do WHEN MOST SUPPLEMENTS ARE BANNED?

keenly

?

VITAMINS and minerals will be set at RDA level; some lower such as vit c 65mg; DANGEROUSLY LOW!!!!!!

no EU country has opted out of this

we are in deep sh*t once current stocks run out

EVERYONE needs to act now and stpp ignoring this REALITY

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Keenly I signed a petition and wrote a letter to Brussels, can't remember who to sorry, I also signed a petition at the time, there was some action a few months ago but have not heard anything for a while. Do post details if you find any active links.

keenly

Keenly I signed a petition and wrote a letter to Brussels, can't remember who to sorry, I also signed a petition at the time, there was some action a few months ago but have not heard anything for a while. Do post details if you find any active links.

Petitions are not enough

we need our MPS and MEPS on board
http://www.consumersforhealthchoice.com/
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/joininghandsinhealth/

Brussells are setting NUTRIENT levels NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orion

It's not just vitamins and minerals. They also want to regulate herbal supplements in much the same way as prescription drugs.

This is a good example of where the democratic process has completely failed. Almost no members of the general public are asking for this ban, and the numbers of people who have actually been harmed by overdosing on vitamins and supplements is miniscule. It's essentially a solution looking for a problem.

The groups that are pushing for this ban are doctors who want to extend the power and reach of their (already too powerful) profession, and drugs companies who want to prevent patients from having access to cheaper, mostly non-patentable alternatives to their overpriced products. The whole thing stinks.

However, I think it would be a tactical error for us to focus our limited energies on overturning this ban. We really ought to be focusing on the bigger prize of reforming the prescription system itself. If a mechanism existed that enabled patients to obtain drugs without the need for a doctor's prescription (obviously at their own risk and expense) then a lot of our problems would disapper.

Let's face it, the difficulties most of us face in obtaining prescriptions is one of the major sources of friction between us and the medical profession. And such a change would actually reduce risk to patients because we would no longer be forced to take our chances with internet pharmacies.

undcvr

If this happens I will have nothing more to live for as I depend on supplements just to get by day by day.

[Removed for Moderation]

dannybex

If this happens I will have nothing more to live for as I depend on supplements just to get by day by day.

I will probably take a gun and start firing on all the people that signed this law into existence.

I doubt it will happen in the US. They tried to do this a few years ago, then again just this last year, and it was stopped both times.

The supplement industry is making BILLIONS, and many drug companies are getting in on the action. With those ties and that money comes lobbyists, which will do everything they can to prevent it from happening here.

just my 2 cents.

keenly

I will probably take a gun and start firing on all the people that signed this law into existence.

Instead of acting like this; MAKE AN EFFORT TO STOP IT!!!!!
Contact everyone you know; write to MPS

For those in the states write to congress and every vitamin supplier!

keenly

I doubt it will happen in the US. They tried to do this a few years ago, then again just this last year, and it was stopped both times.

The supplement industry is making BILLIONS, and many drug companies are getting in on the action. With those ties and that money comes lobbyists, which will do everything they can to prevent it from happening here.

just my 2 cents.

NAIVE nonsense
They will suceed if everyone thinks like this.

Its not about money its about DEPOPULATION

The EU controls the US anyway. Mccain who is pushing for this goes for meeting in ROME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLZ get politically active to prevent this!!!!!!!!

markmc20001

thanks

Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry you folks are getting the screw there. Is that anybody in the euro zone that is getting that ban? Horrible. you have any news articles on that?

I saw a video by DR klinghardt on "KPU" where he mentioned that supplements were going to be taken one at a time in the US according to one of his well connected contacts, but I have no idea if any of that has happened or how old his video was when I saw it.

I hope Danny is right that supplement ban has been defeated in the US.

markmc20001

I think that intravenous vitamin C might be a target here in the US.

http://truthonmedecine.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/now-the-fda-is-going-after-vitamin-c/

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) appears to be making vitamin C its latest target, and has notified one pharmacy that it must no longer manufacture or distribute injectable vitamin C.
Why is the FDA Targeting Vitamin C?
Their reasoning has nothing to do with safety, as vitamin C has continually proven to be one of the least toxic nutrients in foods and liquid forms have a safe history of use. Instead, the FDA is banning IV vitamin C because it can’t be patented, and can’t be taken through the FDA’s approval process for a “new drug.” "

dannybex

NAIVE nonsense
They will suceed if everyone thinks like this.

Its not about money its about DEPOPULATION

The EU controls the US anyway. Mccain who is pushing for this goes for meeting in ROME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLZ get politically active to prevent this!!!!!!!!

We'll have to agree to disagree, at least on some points.

Certainly, there are things going on in governments around the world that we don't know about, and who we think 'makes the rules' etc., may not indeed be the case.

Having said that, if indeed what you say is true, then how in the world can getting "politically active" make any difference?

The supplement industry made $23.7 BILLION dollars in the US alone in 2007. I don't think they'll just lie down at let that vanish without a fight.

keenly

We'll have to agree to disagree, at least on some points.

Certainly, there are things going on in governments around the world that we don't know about, and who we think 'makes the rules' etc., may not indeed be the case.

Having said that, if indeed what you say is true, then how in the world can getting "politically active" make any difference?

The supplement industry made $23.7 BILLION dollars in the US alone in 2007. I don't think they'll just lie down at let that vanish without a fight.

without a fight?

The fascists elitists tried to bring this in 2005!!!!!!!!!!!
It only RESISTANCE from consumers for health which has haulted it.

The more WE do as a collective the LESS they can get away with.

The U.S has already had products banned!!!!!!!!!!!
write to all your representatives

orion

That may be true. But what you're missing is that the driving forces behind this legislation are the medical profession and the pharmeceutical industry. Both of these groups are vastly more wealthy and powerful than the supplement industry.

The medical profession wants as many medicinal substances as possible to be prescription only because the prescription system is their main source of power over patients, and is also a nice little money earner for them as well.

The pharmaceutical companies want to put the supplement suppliers out of busines because cheap supplements compete with their own much more expensive (and in many cases dangerous) products. The pharmaceutical companies also resent the fact that the supplement suppliers don't have to jump through the same expensive regulatory hurdles that they have to go through in order to get their products licensed.

Of course neither side gives a crap about patients. It's all about money at the end of the day.

5vforest

without a fight?

The fascists elitists tried to bring this in 2005!!!!!!!!!!!
It only RESISTANCE from consumers for health which has haulted it.

The more WE do as a collective the LESS they can get away with.

The U.S has already had products banned!!!!!!!!!!!
write to all your representatives

I'm trying to figure out whether or not you have some agenda or are simply hysterical and overreacting.

You're spouting what sounds like conspiracy theories, saying the fascists are going to stop our supplements, etc.

I can guarantee you that this will not happen in the United States. I won't tell you what to do, but it certainly isn't healthy for any of us to get worked up over this non-issue.

(In before you accuse me of being an agent of "big pharma")