• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FIR Sauna / MMS to the Rescue

Wayne

Hi All,

I went into somewhat of a tailspin about 2-3 weeks ago, and have been trying different things since then to try to come out of it. Since unusual stomach pain was part of this, I tried eliminating different foods, supplements, etc. to see if any one of these might be contributing to my overall downward trend. Nothing seemed to be shifting things for me however, so I had to stretch my perspectives a little further from what seemed to be the obvious.

It then occurred to me I had stopped doing far infrared (FIR) saunas about two months earlier, feeling the element of stress involved might have become too much for my system to handle. I recalled how when I did them regularly about 3x/week, I could often pull myself out of difficult down times. So three days ago, I “forced” myself to drive across town (about 10 minutes) to do a FIR sauna. I didn’t sleep too good that night, but I did feel quite a bit better the next day.

Then yesterday, I remembered how MMS has also pulled me out of downward spirals in the past, and so took a single drop of activated MMS (chlorine dioxide). It ended up giving me a bit of energy, and allowed me to get across town to do another FIR sauna. Again, I didn’t sleep quite as well last night, but this morning I’m doing even better. No stomach pain; much less sense of being overwhelmed by the world. I don’t know what dynamics may all be involved, but I suspect I may have been dealing with some kind of flu or other nuisance infection or toxicity.

I’ve found a number of things in the past that have worked for me, such as MMS and saunas, and try to remember them when I feel I need to, in one way or another, “shift” things for myself. Unfortunately, I often forget them when I need them the most. So, FIR saunas and MMS work for me. I would be most interested in hearing if either of these has worked for you, or if you have discovered other things that help “shift” things for you when you go into a downward spiral.

Best to All, Wayne

*GG*

So how do you think your body became toxic, just with time? I was also wondering if you have ever done CSM and if you have ever done it for a long period of time?

GG

kurt

Wayne,
I have used both of those, but never together. My FIR Sauna is not set up right now, it sometimes helped, but also made me lose weight I did not want to lose once a few years ago. MMS (ClO2) on the other hand has been amazing, but somewhat unpredictable. I am exploring various protocol ideas right now with ClO2, as it seems to help sometimes and at other times makes me detox too rapidly (several hours later). Also the dose I need varies. Slowly though some patterns are emerging. I know one person who recovered from CFS completely by using MMS alone, at fairly high dose (which I don't tolerate) but he was sick less than a year, so don't know if that would work with a long-time CFS patient.

If you or anyone else wants to discuss MMS/ClO2 off-line sometime just PM me. Not sure I have enough figured out for mainstream CFS discussion yet...and would not want to encourage someone to over-do things, I suspect ClO2 could be bad for some of the more toxic CFS patients if the dose was wrong.

SaraM

I agree with Kurt. I guess MMS could be bad for some CFSers. I don't like people get worse because of something I write here.

carolwxyz99

I have had MMS at times, but don't seem to tolerate it well after a few months and I have never managed to get past 6-8 drops twice a day. I also FIR sauna regularly and love them so much I haven't stopped - I always have one a week (as opposed to the three I used to have).

Ian

I tried MMS before, u gotta be really careful with that stuff otherwise its like drinking battery acid. I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone ..

Wayne

So how do you think your body became toxic, just with time? I was also wondering if you have ever done CSM and if you have ever done it for a long period of time?

GG

Hi ggingues,

I think my body can become toxic for any number of reasons. I'm sensitive to most foods, which is likely because of weak digestion. And if I have weak digestion, I likely have undigested food particles that can begin to accumulate and cause various kinds of toxicity problems.

I've also tested positive for Lyme bacteria. Since Lyme goes through various cycles, I can see where metabolic waste products from Lyme and/or or other bacteria can cause spikes in my overall toxicity level at certain times of it's natural cycle.

We have orchards within a few miles of where I live (in a valley), and my understanding is they begin spraying in February for the upcoming year, so that could be a problem. Then there's the regular day to day detox challenges stemming from a dysfunctional detoxification system.

So I've long looked at supporting my body's detoxification using a variety of methods, most of them that would be considered alternative or non-conventional. I've done coffee enemas in the past when I felt I was in a detoxification crisis, and I do other simpler things such as "oil pulling", clay foot baths, baking soda baths, supplementing with zeolite, charcoal, etc.

I've not done CSM. My understanding is you need a prescription to get it, and I would prefer to experiment with simpler things before going on to more expensive and complicated treatments. Plus, I've never been able to get an understanding of what it's made of; sounds sort of synthetic to me. I'm much more familiar with things like charcoal, clay, etc. So these types of products are more in my comfort zone.

Best, Wayne

Wayne

CFS Recovery Story from Using MMS

MMS (ClO2) on the other hand has been amazing, but somewhat unpredictable. I am exploring various protocol ideas right now with ClO2, as it seems to help sometimes and at other times makes me detox too rapidly (several hours later). Also the dose I need varies. Slowly though some patterns are emerging. I know one person who recovered from CFS completely by using MMS alone, at fairly high dose (which I don't tolerate) but he was sick less than a year, so don't know if that would work with a long-time CFS patient.

If you or anyone else wants to discuss MMS/ClO2 off-line sometime just PM me. Not sure I have enough figured out for mainstream CFS discussion yet...and would not want to encourage someone to over-do things, I suspect ClO2 could be bad for some of the more toxic CFS patients if the dose was wrong.

Hi Kurt,

I find it quite interesting your mentioning you know someone with CFS who recovered completely using MMS. I also find it very easy to believe, given how CFS is in all likelihood a pathogenic disease.

This makes me wonder whether in the future, sudden onset CFS will be treated similarly to the way sudden onset Lyme is treated today. If you can start treatment right away, it could possibly completely eliminate the offending pathogen before it has a chance to get settled into various parts of the body and cause all kinds of damage. As with Lyme, the longer it takes to start therapy, the more likely it is that the pathogen(s) becomes much less inaccessible to antibiotics and other drug therapies.

I concur with your other comments about MMS. Before initially trying it, I spent many hours researching it, reading the pros and cons, and also a number of testimonials. I eventually evaluated this MMS information similarly to the way I view most things I consider; what is the risk/reward ratio? In the end, I felt the potential rewards outweighed the potential risks.

I was correct, but it took a fair amount of experimentation to get the right dosage. I found I could only tolerate 1/3 drop of activated MMS every other day in the beginning. It then took me a number of weeks to reach the 3-6 drops a day that is recommended as a maintenance dose. I never tried to do 15, 20, 30 drops etc. that some people wrote about. Just seemed that these dosages were tilting the risk/reward ratio in the wrong direction. I was also uncomfortable with the attitude some were taking that the more they took, they better would be the results.

Before I took a single drop a few days ago, I had not taken any for probably a year. Even though I was not experiencing any adverse reactions I was aware of when I quit a year ago, I just thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to let go of it for a while, and come back to it again if I felt I needed it, which is what I'm now doing. I wish there was more reliable information available, but since there isn't, and there's not about to be anytime soon, we're all kind of on our own when it comes to experimenting with MMS.

My own nature is to experiment with things that may help, even if I don't have all the information and data that would be ideal. In fact, it sometimes feels like sort of an adventure to me. This approach works for me, as I usually spend many hours researching something before I try it, so I'm usually quite comfortable with my decisions. For those who don't have this kind of orientation, it might be best to not go this route. We all have to find our comfort zones, and it's probably best if we only go outside them only if the reasons seem to be truly compelling.

Best, Wayne

Wayne

I tried MMS before, u gotta be really careful with that stuff otherwise its like drinking battery acid. I really wouldn't recommend it to anyone ..

I agree Ian. You need to be very careful with MMS as it is some pretty powerful stuff. I myself have a rule of never recommending anything to anybody. If I've found something that has helped me, such as MMS, I may suggest others consider researching it for themselves. Seems if I directly recommend something to somebody, and they have a negative result, I would bear a certain amount of responsibility for that. I can only barely manage being responsible for myself. :)

Best, Wayne

Wayne

Is the MMS being used as an antimicrobial ?

Hi Globalpilot,

That's pretty much it. MMS was discovered by Jim Humble to be very effective against malaria, which is quite similar to Lyme Disease. This is the reason many people with Lyme have tried MMS, with some having achieved some very good results.

Others have used it to clear out oral infections, in some cases completely eliminating the need to have root canals performed as a result of deep oral infections. Others have used it for various kinds of difficult to treat GI problems such as Chron's Disease.

There was a thread here recently about bacteroids in the ear, or something like that. One person I know of had chronic itching in her ears for many years, and had it helped significantly by using diluted MMS ear drops.

The testimonials online are numerous and pretty impressive. There are those however, who say using MMS therapeutically is like drinking bleach, or use other kinds of dramatic language. When I see written things like that, I have to wonder how they feel about chlorine being used to kill pathogens in our drinking water.

With a product like MMS, it just seems everybody has to look at it for themselves to see if it makes sense to give it a try. Some do, and it works very well. Others don't want to get near it. That's fine with me, but I just wish the MMS detractors would discontinue their efforts to make this low-cost therapy unavailable to others. Why take an effective treatment away from somebody else who's found it to work very well?

Best, Wayne