• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WPI Matching Fund 2/27/2011 - 3/31/2011

Andrew

Andrew,

I just donated $20 but didn't see the note field to enter "Andrew's Matching Fund at Phoenix Rising." I'm sorry and hope this doesn't cause a problem. Can I email you my receipt from Paypal (if I was sent one - haven't checked)?

Thank you for your generosity. You are a good person.

Thanks for the donation!

Total Donations: $242

Just $8 short of half way there.

Andrew

Thank you, Chris. That's $20 more from you, and I just got a private donation of $40. So that's $60 more.

Total Donations: $302

Sasha

Fine, thank you
where do i donate to? is this spam ?

Hi SaveMe - no, it's not spam! Instructions about what to do are in Andrew's first post on this thread. You'll see from his link that you go to the WPI's own donations page.

Daffodil

ive been using facebook Network for Good to donate to WPI..does anyone know if this is a good organization? maybe i should donate to WPI directly through their website...but i think Andrea uses Network for Good...?

sorry to go off topic

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Andrew I've decided not to wait until the 20th for the count me in (I'll give again) Just donated $20.00 to WPI - couln't see the box to indicate it was for your matching fund, will tell Kerry (admin) to make a note when she e-mails me confirmation. Thank you once again for your absolute generosity.

camas

ive been using facebook Network for Good to donate to WPI..does anyone know if this is a good organization? maybe i should donate to WPI directly through their website...but i think Andrea uses Network for Good...?

I've been wondering about this too, since I've given both ways. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Charity Navigator, more of your money makes it to the charity (WPI) through Network for Good because it is a nonprofit too.

Network for Good charges a straight 4.75% transaction fee. Whereas if you go the WPI's site and give through Paypal there's the credit card transaction fee (usually around 3%) plus Paypal's nonprofit transaction fee of 2.2% plus 30 cents per transaction. (I'm not sure what Paypal's fees are if you just do a bank transfer though.)

So if you are giving through a credit card, it looks like using the WPI's Cure 4 ME Facebook causes page is the way to go.

ETA: If you are not on Facebook, you can go directly to the WPI's Network for Good page here.

Andrew

Andrew I've decided not to wait until the 20th for the count me in (I'll give again) Just donated $20.00 to WPI - couln't see the box to indicate it was for your matching fund, will tell Kerry (admin) to make a note when she e-mails me confirmation. Thank you once again for your absolute generosity.

Thanks for the early donation. And from now on, there is no need to worry about the note field. This seems to be causing an inconvenience. That is, unless you want to. Also, if you have a different web page you are using to donate from, just use that one.

Total Donations $342

camas

SaveMe, I believe their donation link just takes you to Paypal. If you have your bank account information set up in Paypal, you will be given the option of donating through that account.

SaveMe

SaveMe, I believe their donation link just takes you to Paypal. If you have your bank account information set up in Paypal, you will be given the option of donating through that account.

I no have a PayPal account, how much does it cost?

camas

SaveMe, It doesn't cost anything to set up a Paypal account. If I remember correctly it does take some time to get it linked to your checking account. I'm sure if you go there and look at their FAQ it will all be explained.