• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stool question leave if you are grossed out

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
do you shit the most in the morning ? :D

A more interesting question is what's in there. Just had an anaerobic stool test--my first. All the rest have had air exposure, so the answer to this mystery should be forthcoming! :eek:

Sushi

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Yep, KDM and RedLabs in Belgium. A lot of infections are anaerobic and get missed in the "run of the mill" stool test.

Sushi

Francelle

I've got 'the kit' to do an anaerobic stool test sometime early next week - obviously not always predictable as to the time lines - hehe! Will be interesting to see the results.

Enid

Did the Protea biopharma Neurotoxic Metabolite Test (related to high H2S - Kenny Meileir) with high end strong positive. UK NHS tested and reported nothing. This is just nonsense - to be blunt - stool very dark, watery with a few solids. Even I could see there was a gastrointestinal problem. But hope you all have better luck/treatment.

lucy

No, I do not have bowel movements in the morning. This is an issue to me, because for stool testing the best specimen is the one made in the morning and liquid vs constipation is much better. However, I have to submit something for the follow-up of blastocystosis, so I submit the one from the evening, kept in the fridge.