• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adrenal Issues and treatment problems

Navid

nanci:

can you please tell me where you purchased your homeopathic remedies from...the names of the remedies and the order you took them.

thank you sooooo much : )

caledonia

I just read/skimmed Dr. Poesnecker's book Chronic Fatigue Unmasked 2000. Got it from an interlibrary loan for $5 in case anybody wants to read it and can't afford to buy it.

Does Mr. Kite or anybody know if they still use the Magnatherm, Rife or cold laser for adjunct therapies? Just curious. Based on the description of how they work, it seems life FIR infrared might also be useful (as long as you weren't using it as a sauna which could cause detox problems for us).

Summary of the book:

For successful adrenal restoration, it's a multi part treatment.

1. Test the adrenals with a certain adrenal test - Adrenal Stress Index from Diagnos-Techs Inc. in Seattle, WA.

2. rest the adrenals by removing stress. Stress is defined as emotional or mental stress, but also anything that puts a constant drag on your adrenals like food or environmental allergies/toxins, Lyme, viruses, yeast, etc.

3. HPA axis supps - Dr. Baschetti's pure licorice extract, DHEA (males), pregnenolone (females), phosphorylated mixture of L-Serine and Ethanolamine (Seriphos?)

4. Add thymic extract or EMP if the immune system is depressed

5. Adrenal supplement containing: vitamin C, calcium pantothenate, vitamin B-6, citrus bioflavanoids, zinc, raw concentrates of adrenal, spleen and thymus.

6. vitamin B complex

7. adrenal cortex extract - they write a lot about this. Apparently it was one of their treatment mainstays, but was taken off the market at the time of writing the book (1999). I have had no problem obtaining this, so I'm not sure how it got back on the market, but I'm glad it is.

Then there is the computer and the other electronics, the cell phone, the TV--these all tire me out and unbalance my brain--they are like temporary toxins. Limiting these really helps clear things up. Going outside and getting fresh air, looking around and taking a little walk--this helps me.

Hi Sing,

I have a similar sensitivy to electronics. There was a recent article about cell phones increasing brain activity. Not sure if you have seen it.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb/23/health/la-he-cell-phones-brain-20110223

nanci:

can you please tell me where you purchased your homeopathic remedies from...the names of the remedies and the order you took them.
thank you sooooo much : )

I tried all of the glandulars in homeopathic form all being potency 4 ch and very gradully increasing potency { I am now at around 8ch == I make my own from the original so as to save money .. in my condition being a chronic condition and having been ill now for 35 years will need to be treated for some time until the system is pulled up enough to totally heal it http://oaks.nvg.org/home-remedies.html} .

. I bought them seperateley from Dolisos homeopathic company.. from my local health food store/ alternative pharmacy You can buy liquid and pill form. The pill has a bit of lactose , liquid has ? glycerine in it ? depends on the manufacturer.. and this is another reason I make my own from the original .

I started two months ago and am now taking less than the original few times a day/ night doses. I also find that sometimes I have needed to take a few doses in succesion when I am having an acute attack and the remedy does not work the first time around.. for instance when reacting to some food / chemical.. ie when my adrenals are more stressed..

These are the ones I took .. in the order that I took them.. this was my idea and my experiment..

H hypothalamus potency 4 ch ... helped with severe exhaustion, very bad constant sweating , severe sleep issues . major hair oiliness ..

H thymus ... more energy ..helped undertheweather/ fluey fatigue, originally made me wake up needing more sulfate but it seemed to be a temporary adjustment phase .. not sure ?

I then added in H parathyroid and since that addition I now need less sulfate { epsom salts } and am tolerating sensitivity foods better . So cannot tell which made the difference -- thymus or parathyroid ? I sometimes forget to take the parathyroid and yet continue to need less sulfate so I suspect the thymus.. or maybe both.. .

H pineal gland .. noticed a more restful night.

H thalamus... did not notice any difference

H ovary... just experimenting..

H pancreas .. helps with food reactions.

H brain that has several parts of the brain/spine in the combo that I felt are particular to my problems .. . helps with brain fog, problems with motor coordination
H cerbrinum, moelle dorsale , corps calleux,cortex surrenal, cerebellum, cortex cerebral

Again I stress that the above did not have the dramatic and permanent improvments when I took these before removing stress by going on a total exclusion diet.. I tried most of them several years ago and noticed only a very slight improvment , Whereas now with the restricted diet I am on avoiding salicylates, amines, gluten, dairy, sulfur foods etc it is alot stronger support for my system.

nanci

caledonia

Sensitivity to electronics - Poesnecker mentions this as one of the "stresses" that needs to be eliminated to help the adrenals.

I know a little about electronics. Besides practicing avoidance, you should be able to shield either the electronic device or yourself from the EMF's (electromagnetic frequencies).

Check out LessEMF.com - here's the main site http://www.lessemf.com/
Here's the clothing section - http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Apparently, we're not the only ones with this problem...

I like the purple plate,, www.purpleplate.com

Before doing the homeopathy at one point I was not able to sleep past 1 am with adrenal symptoms of high anxiety and panic .. A new neighbour with a strong wireless signal in the apartment next to my bedroom. The purple plate put under my mattress and I was sleeping again..

nanci

Sensitivity to electronics - Poesnecker mentions this as one of the "stresses" that needs to be eliminated to help the adrenals.

I know a little about electronics. Besides practicing avoidance, you should be able to shield either the electronic device or yourself from the EMF's (electromagnetic frequencies).

Check out LessEMF.com - here's the main site http://www.lessemf.com/
Here's the clothing section - http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html

Apparently, we're not the only ones with this problem...

I have bad adrenal fatigue and feel EMF's affect it. Tried one of the baseball caps from lessEMF. Didn't notice anything. Maybe I need something more along the lines of one of those silver space suits they wear on the intel commercials.

Dr Klinghardt thinks avoiding EMF's it is important for treating lyme too, for what it is worth.

I try and avoid computing before bed-time especially. It messes with my sleep.

brenda

My adrenals crashed recently. I have been treating my thyroid with natural hormone for 6 months but knew I needed HC as saliva test showed low cortisol and that was 3 years ago. But I do not want to take it as I have Lyme Disease and it is bad to have the immune system suppressed when you have a bacterial infection like Lyme.

I was doing ok slowly increasng but still was not having much relief from hypo symptoms but I think the thing that got me is stress due to my present accomodation as a lodger as I am in the middle of moving back to my home country. I have been having the odd cup of coffee and the odd bar of chocolate to ease it. Once cortisol went down further, the thyroid hormones could not get into the tissues therefore they pooled in my blood.

My GP ran a routine test for my Hashis and found my free T3 and free T4 were off the roof. She is not a happy bunny as she does not agree with me treating myself with NT. She told me to come off it.

Well I did for 5 days - I had to as I was hyper. I felt really bad and increased Vit C from 2 gm to 8 gm. It is really important to get a good one. Liposomal C is the best but it cots so I am making my own tomorrow. It is absorbed much better. Then I started on licorice extract. I felt much better so started back on a very low dose of NT watching for hyper symptoms and ordered some HC creme just in case.

I also statred on rhodiola and this really helped - I had more energy than for ages but felt a little wired through the night so today took holy basil instead and will alternate them.

Celtic salt is also very important for adrenals plus magnesium and selenium for throid. The biggest change has been through excuding gluten and to a lesser extent dairy. I read that you should be off dairy for adrenals. I am improving every day so hope to get back to where I was without HC.

I think the biggest thing is to avoid stress and if there is an underlying psychological problem like anxiety and depression then help shoudl be sought for them I think.

Uno

Really sorry to hear your going through all this - you sound a lot like the stuff I am going through at present (gyne issues, infections etc). Have you taken the XMRV test although I guess that's kind of a personal question. I am trying to work out what on earth has caused my HPA axis to go haywire. Strange question but have you taken a Liver Function test? If not then I'd recommend it as the liver can affect hormones in a really wierd way.

I've been doing a Chiro treatment called the Activator treatment which has helped with a lot of my symptoms - might be worth a go. x

P.S Thymus supplement made me go haywire, wouldn't try it if your adrenals are totally ******.

ukme

Does anyone take DHEA supplements? My daughter's (3rd) salivary cortisol test has come back, still very low, but where in previous tests the DHEA levels have been normal, they are now low/outside the range. I'm wondering what I can do about this. She is 15.

*GG*

Does anyone take DHEA supplements? My daughter's (3rd) salivary cortisol test has come back, still very low, but where in previous tests the DHEA levels have been normal, they are now low/outside the range. I'm wondering what I can do about this. She is 15.

Yes, under my Drs supervision. I have done the salivary cortisol test at least 3 times now and up to 100mg of DHEA in the morning. FYI

GG

PS I also do a 1st urine in the morning of the day that I do 4 salivary samples.

Sing

I take a DHEA supplement of 5 mg per day, as recommended on my salivary cortisol test. DHEA in women turns into androgens mostly. If I were to take more than this low dose, I'd notice oilier skin, a tingle of sexual desire and hair beginning to smell--oh yes, and the beginning of an adolescent pimple on my face! Paints you a picture!

caledonia

My DHEA was tested very low. However, I was having overdose symptoms with even a dose as low as 1mg of DHEA, so I discontinued. But that's been the same trend with everything I've tried so far for my adrenals.

Now I'm on a very small amount of adrenal cortex extract. Based on increase in libido (haven't retested yet), it's also helping my DHEA come up.

caledonia

I had a visit with my good doc this week and we discussed trying to get treatment for my adrenals (ie Clymer Institute). He said if you're taking licorice (the non-DGL type), you need to keep an eye on your renal function. The reason is, in sufficient amounts, (and possibly also if you already have kidney problems), it can "kill your kidneys".

So my question is, does Clymer test for renal function while you're on licorice, or does their licorice somehow not pose that problem?