• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Answer from Judy Mikovits Regarding Tissue Resevoir

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
If its in the prostate and bladder, I wonder if it would show up in a urine sample?

If in the uterus, how about a vaginal smear sample for tissue/cells?

Or if its found in lymphoid tissue, how about a tonsil/throat swab for evidence of infection?

These are much less invasive tests than tissue biopsy, or even blood samples (although tissue samples probably much more definitive at the research stage than a swab).

I'm sure the WPI have already thought of all this of course. Or if not, hopefully worth a try though - & if they turn out to be positive, these could be a much cheaper alternative too.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
If its in the prostate and bladder, I wonder if it would show up in a urine sample?

If in the uterus, how about a vaginal smear sample for tissue/cells?

Or if its found in lymphoid tissue, how about a tonsil/throat swab for evidence of infection?

These are much less invasive tests than tissue biopsy, or even blood samples (although tissue samples probably much more definitive at the research stage than a swab).

I'm sure the WPI have already thought of all this of course. Or if not, hopefully worth a try though - & if they turn out to be positive, these could be a much cheaper alternative too.

That makes sense. Didn't they say they found it in the cervix too? If a vaginal swab doesn't work, what about a pap smear? This would be a good question to ask WPI, I think.