• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My pregnenolone update

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
My labs values on pregnenolone transdermal cream all improved mostly the way i wanted which was good. I have had increased energy and mental clarity, stamina and decreased joint pain probably from reducing inflammation but what i have found is that for me is that it has worsened my insomnia, as most of u have read a few of my threads on that. Plus after a few days on preg i start to get deep sort of head ache and alittle foggy and seem to be short fused/angry which isnt really me. I know this sounds like i have contraindicated myself, i have adjusted dosages up and down and it doesnt seem to change things much. What i think is maybe the blood levels build up or something like that and i get too much stimulation from it. I have a day off preg and i feel alot better but slowly energy levels decline over a few days and when i go back on preg i get all the great effects for a few days then start getting the bad effects from it.

So i still plan to use it but just in times of feeling low and lethargic and maybe for no more then 2 days in a row. This is sort of how some people on hydrocortisone use it, in times of extra stress or fatigue or having a crash they add hydrocort, so im thinking pregnenolone could be used in a positive way like this and alot safer then hydrocort, which pregnenolone helps our bodies to make cortisol anyway.

I seem to be sensitive to most things that are stimulating/energy making meds/supps but for 1-2 days pregnenolone seems to be one of the most effective for me and isnt draining on the adrenals like traditional stimulants but has a positive effect on the adrenals by helping make all the right hormones etc. But thats my experience, hopefully this helps others out there thinking of using pregnenolone, it may take some juggling to get it right for you.

cheers!!!

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I am always monitored on my supplements so it works great. I love the Pregenolone. It is really good for me. I guess you have to find the right way to take them. Hard to day.

Jenny

I am always monitored on my supplements so it works great. I love the Pregenolone. It is really good for me. I guess you have to find the right way to take them. Hard to day.

Hi sallys - what benefits do you get from preg - and how do you distinguish these from the benefits you get from other things?

Jenny