• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help!--advice & support for chronic infection

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I used to get these in the winter - low grade infections that just dragged on and on - they were just miserable. I don't know how to help with the cold but with the mental agony - you might try just accepting that the cold is there - just tell yourself again and again and again, I accept that I have this cold - accept that you are soo pissed off about it and miserable about it and depressed or whatever. Tell yourself I accept that I am worried and angry or whatever mood you're in.......do it again and again....that can help me alot with the frustration and mental agony that accompanies these things for me...

Good luck with your treatments - I hope you can kick it out soon.

Sometimes sauna did help kick these things out for me.....

Sauna is a bit too hard to handle for me.

As for accepting how pissed off and frustrated I am with this damn freaking piss-off an endlessly long m-f cold.... :eek: I am definitely good at THAT already! It's the mind numbing depression that is more challenging to vent.

*GG*

THE TEETH! arrrgggh is all I can say. I have 4 DEEP cavities brewing, which I wanted to drill and be done with a month ago, but got delayed by the holidays and then I got sick. So yes, there could be some issue there.

I am still trying to figure out which plastic filling material to use, as the cavities are on the sides of the teeth, so the dentist doesn't want to "hack away the whole tooth" to make a ceramic crown on each of them. I have 5 samples at home now to try, but need to be clear enough to be ablt to feel which one is okay.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for filling materials? If so, please let me know.

And now it's back to bed for me.

Thanks again, all of you..... for making me feel less alone in this world of the chronically chronic. :hug:

This probably is not helpful, but thought I would pass it along: http://www.naturalnews.com/029112_teeth_regeneration.html

*GG*

Wow! That is rather strange advice... to eat one eggshell a day, but now I am curious.

Me too, that's why I am almost ready to do this. I bought the comfrey root today. I had a filling fall out the day it was put in in Nov of 2010, so I thought this would be a good opportunity. Just need to do more research on the eggshells and hopefully my blender works, but I might just eat them "straight"?!

GG