• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Newborn baby in need of prayers

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Martlet - Caitlin was born at approx. 30 weeks and she weighed 4lbs, 4 oz, which was big for her term. Since she came completely by surprise there was no time for hormones through mother to make lungs develop. We were told when she was born that we need to pray and pray hard. WE DID!! After a month in hospital we were able to bring her home on Christmas Eve. Her heart surgery at 3 years old was to repair a hole between the 2 top chambers in her heart (related to premature birth). When she was born we were told that it was probable that she would have some or all of mental deficiency, similar downs syndrome, asthma, eye problems and etc..................

I'm very proud to say that she has no indications of her premature birth whatsoever. She graduates high school in June and is ranked 14th academically out 218 students. She plays soccer and basketball. We are very fortunate and blessed!

Little Libby has one very big thing in her favor! Premature girls have a much higher rate of survival in premature conditions than boys do!

God bless and keep in touch!!

August59 (JR)

Martlet

UPDATE - PRAISE GOD!

Baby Liberty Rose has had all the tubes and wires removed, is feeding properly, breathing nicely and if she carries on like this, will be allowed to go home later this week.

Once again - Thanks to you all for prayers and thoughts.

Martlet

kat0465

that is amazing news martlet!! i keep all the people i pray for in a little notebook. it was so worn out i bought a new one last nite and she was the 2nd one i wrote down :) still praying.

leela

I am so pleased to hear the good news!
May all her life's challenges have been completed in this condensed time of struggle,
such that the rest of her life be one of peace, freedom, and happiness!

Martlet

I just got a new photo of baby Libby and talked to my cousin. She is now home and completely well. Just look at the difference between now and just a couple of weeks ago. I can't stop praising God.

Again, thank you all for your prayers. See what wonders they do!

Attachments

• libby3.jpg
    libby3.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 26

kat0465

I just got a new photo of baby Libby and talked to my cousin. She is now home and completely well. Just look at the difference between now and just a couple of weeks ago. I can't stop praising God.

Again, thank you all for your prayers. See what wonders they do!

martlet, she looks like a different baby! Praise God,you can't even tell she had ever been sick :) thanks so much for the new pic.
there is a book called heaven is for real. about a little boy who was so extremely ill from a ruptured appendix. he went to heaven and told things a 4 year old would never know unless he went to heaven. in it he mentions over and over how Jesus so loves the children.
her pic just reminded me of his story, she is living proof.

Kat

Martlet

martlet, she looks like a different baby! Praise God,you can't even tell she had ever been sick :)

I know, Kat. It's an astonishing difference. There is another photo of her and I swear she has a smile in her eyes, even though she is just one month old today.

there is a book called heaven is for real. about a little boy who was so extremely ill from a ruptured appendix. he went to heaven and told things a 4 year old would never know unless he went to heaven. in it he mentions over and over how Jesus so loves the children. her pic just reminded me of his story, she is living proof.

I will have to read that book. It sounds very uplifting.

3CFIDS@ourhouse

still me
What wonderful news! Thank you for the picture, Martlet. What a precious little girl and what a sweet opportunity you gave us to see God's healing work in this baby's life!

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
She is precious. They are so resilient when they are little. Nothing seems to bother them, but when it does it goes as quickly as it came, which leaves you wondering what the heck??