• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

15th International Conference on Human Retrovirology: HTLV and Related Retroviruses

Overstressed

While googling, I bumped to this link:

http://htlv2011.regaweb.med.kuleuven.be/

They've put XMRV also on their agenda. That's quite interesting if you ask me, and the coincidence is even bigger, because I was in contact with one researcher, who's leading now the conference.

And who do we find in the scientific commitee ? One of our heroes, Robert Silverman.

OS.

shannah

Here are the June dates and a little more information. What a delightfully 'homey' announcement - unusual.

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the organizing committee of the 15th International Conference on Human Retrovirology: HTLV and Related Retroviruses, we would like to invite you to our conference to be held in Belgium in the cities of Leuven and Gembloux from June 5 to June 8, 2011. The main topics of the meeting will be human T-lymphotropic virus (HTLV), Xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus (XMRV) and endogenous retroviruses. All accepted abstracts will be published in the free online journal "Retrovirology".

Apart from attending the conference, you will be delighted by the medieval towns of Leuven, Ghent or Bruges, and have the opportunity to explore the green Ardennes, or relax in the famous thermal center of Spa. When in Belgium, share our bourgundian lifestyle with one of our special beers, and don't forget to taste our chocolates and fries.

We look forward to seeing you ,

Anne-Mieke and Luc

About the conference

The aim of this biennial meeting is to promote discussion and share new findings between researchers and clinicians for the benefit of patients infected by human T-lymphotropic virus (HTLV). HTLV infects approximately 15-20 million individuals worldwide and causes a broad spectrum of diseases including neurodegeneration and leukemia. Due to the recent exciting discoveries in this field, a particular session will focus on endogenous retroviruses, foamy viruses and XMRV.

Overstressed

Hi Cort,

yes that is. Somewhere last summer, the researcher asked me if I was interested to be included in her research, but unfortunately it was cancelled because she didn't get the funding as more and more negative studies were published.

I guess that has changed now, and I immediately mailed this person. I'm waiting for a reply...

OS.

ixchelkali

I see that Bill Switzer is giving the State-of-the-Art lecture on "Endogenous Retroviruses, Foamy Viruses and XMRV."

Somewhere last summer, the researcher asked me if I was interested to be included in her research, but unfortunately it was cancelled because she didn't get the funding as more and more negative studies were published.

I guess that has changed now, and I immediately mailed this person. I'm waiting for a reply...

Oh, that is very sad. I hope you're right and that has changed now.