• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A video on HIV-AIDS, are there similarities with XMRV-CFS ?

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
The polio virus only caused symptoms in 5% of people. But because the virus rapidly spread and millions got infected, it was still deemed a huge health risk.

The polio virus is not a great comparative model - symptoms depended on what parts of the body actually got infected. Whereas with a retrovirus, eventually the virus gets in everywhere.

HowToEscape?

One group of HIV denialists offered a convincing argument about the role of HIV in AIDS.
But not in quite the way they intended.

The editors of the magazine Continuum consistently denied the existence of HIV/AIDS. The magazine shut down when its editors all died of AIDS-related causes.

Tia

1. One interesting thing in this, is that people DIDN'T start dying until the eighties, so if the virus have been around for way longer, why did they die?

2. Another interesting thing is the girl in the documentary who STOPPED her AZT-treatment and is now perfectly well and healthy, all the other kids in the same group that continued the treatment, are dead.

So I guess this means, if true, that thy're trying to kill us faster by azt-drugs then? Like someone in this forum that tried Raltegravir and got so much worse.

Deatheye

1. One interesting thing in this, is that people DIDN'T start dying until the eighties, so if the virus have been around for way longer, why did they die?

How you know that? Of course there is no cause of death for HIV / AIDS before they new it... So there could be a lot of death causes before the 80. Just no one knew it was HIV?
2. Another interesting thing is the girl in the documentary who STOPPED her AZT-treatment and is now perfectly well and healthy, all the other kids in the same group that continued the treatment, are dead.
This is why there are a lot of sienticsts saying that it is too soon for this medications. They can have negative effects. Even till the point of death.
Why do you assume for all this things that there is a greater evil behind it? There are much easier explanations, at least for me they seem more obvious.
Also I think in case some one has such a power to make medicine just to kill people, make it to the market with the product without anyone noticing it? No adversary company saying anything? Seeing the chance to rule out the compentition?
Besides this there would be faster ways to eliminate people.

Seems to me that the hole "documentary" makes the same. That guy always assumes the worst. Bit evil plan behind it. Just cause a member of the CDC sad a wrong year, that allready was proof to him that she lies. How about she just made a mistake? Got a number wrong? i watched the hole thing and it just always felt that he jumpes to things that could have tonns of normal explanations. And actually it felt to me like he abnormaly often likes to say that the viewer can have his own opinion and does not need to belief in this. That the viceo itself would contaion the proof.
First of all he sad it so oft that for me it just felt like he wants the bring down the normal defence people have against something new. Making you feel at ease, more open for new stuff and now always tries to put in to the viewers mind his own way of thinking. Always stating that he's got the proof for all this.
Really I didn't see any proof. A lot of things he just says that this is the way he says. And now I don't have time nor the energy to search for the existence of all this calimed proofs. I don't cound all those unreadable whit papers with black lines on them as proof.

IamME

Too sick for an identity
Just because there are clusters of CFS doesn't mean it's a virus. It could just as easily be an environmental factor eg radioactive drinking water.
http://www.khou.com/news/investigat...wn-two-radioactive-water-wells-112364389.html

Please at least check your facts. ME has also been contracted by blood transfusion and followed polio epidemics in the early days. The specific abnormalities don't match. I don't think ME exeprts were stupid enough to confuse it with radiation sickness, which is unlikely to be pandemic now! Cocksacki has actually been seen in the stomach wall and recent studies had good success treating enterovirus. Anyway it seems you're determined and for everyone who recognises/is aware of the history/literature to be wrong so pointless arguing I guess.

Tia said:
people DIDN'T start dying until the eighties

Well that's just not true either, some children died IIRC during the Iceland outbreak, Wallis wrote a good account of a 1950s death and so on. It's more feasible to say that deaths were underreported, as when someone dies years after contracting it but still prematurely the connection isn't neccessirly going to be made until epidemiology (like Dr Dowsett's) comes along. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the death rate had risen due to the medical profession going into complete denial and the collapse of traditional care systems.

Edit: just realised you were talking about AIDS, well the same thing might apply but I think as an emergent disease that's just when it went from sporadic to epidemic, that happens all the time as things evolve.

ukxmrv

Radioactive drinking water - that would cause the immune system changes seen in epidemic patients and occur at the same time as polio outbreaks ?

Can you provide an proof for this? Sounds like a square peg being forced into a round hole.

Why not read some of the excellent and very thorough medical reports on the epidemics and then start making comments.

I'm, not at all resistant to other environmental triggers but they need to fit the facts and I would genuinely like to know.

Tia

How you know that? Of course there is no cause of death for HIV / AIDS before they new it... So there could be a lot of death causes before the 80. Just no one knew it was HIV?

This is why there are a lot of sienticsts saying that it is too soon for this medications. They can have negative effects. Even till the point of death.
Why do you assume for all this things that there is a greater evil behind it? There are much easier explanations, at least for me they seem more obvious.
Also I think in case some one has such a power to make medicine just to kill people, make it to the market with the product without anyone noticing it? No adversary company saying anything? Seeing the chance to rule out the compentition?
Besides this there would be faster ways to eliminate people.

Seems to me that the hole "documentary" makes the same. That guy always assumes the worst. Bit evil plan behind it. Just cause a member of the CDC sad a wrong year, that allready was proof to him that she lies. How about she just made a mistake? Got a number wrong? i watched the hole thing and it just always felt that he jumpes to things that could have tonns of normal explanations. And actually it felt to me like he abnormaly often likes to say that the viewer can have his own opinion and does not need to belief in this. That the viceo itself would contaion the proof.
First of all he sad it so oft that for me it just felt like he wants the bring down the normal defence people have against something new. Making you feel at ease, more open for new stuff and now always tries to put in to the viewers mind his own way of thinking. Always stating that he's got the proof for all this.
Really I didn't see any proof. A lot of things he just says that this is the way he says. And now I don't have time nor the energy to search for the existence of all this calimed proofs. I don't cound all those unreadable whit papers with black lines on them as proof.

I just said what they said in the documentary; they said people didn't start dying from AIDS until they were treated with AZT. :| Same with th girl, all from the documentary. That's all I know. Didn't mean to upset anyone. *Looking all innocent*

ukxmrv

That's nonsence Tia,

I personally know people (HIV+ gay men) who died of AIDS related diseases before AZT was ever used. Very sad loss of friends.

Maybe the "documentary" is lying to you. Anyone can make a film with actors and tell us anything that they want us to believe.

Having ME and CFS should be a big wake up call to us not to trust medical fiction. We need to keep investigating and looking for the truth.

I'm doing that with the XMRV news. Keeping up to date on the research and casting a critical eye on it.

Riley

So if I understand this correctly...HIV/AIDS doesn't kill people, AZT does? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

Jemal

The polio virus is not a great comparative model - symptoms depended on what parts of the body actually got infected. Whereas with a retrovirus, eventually the virus gets in everywhere.

True, true. Lets compare it with HTLV then: not many people seem to develop symptoms. It might also take decades, before you show any symptoms.

We don't really understand HTLV well enough, though, that's the scary part. It might cause more problems... and XMRV might not be so innocent either. Our bodies and the effect viruses have on them are so complex.

Deatheye

I just said what they said in the documentary; they said people didn't start dying from AIDS until they were treated with AZT. :| Same with th girl, all from the documentary. That's all I know. Didn't mean to upset anyone. *Looking all innocent*

I'm not upset... sry if I sounded upset. Just wanted to point out that there seem to be alot of possible explanations. ^^
And that you can't take all he is saying as facts.