• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Zeolite, anyone?

Wayne

Zeoforce Zeolite - So Far, So Good

I was at a local spa a few weeks ago (sort an alternative one with FIR saunas, etc.) and met a man who was a body worker for many years, and seemed to be very well tuned into all things regarding natural health. He told me what he thought was the best zeolite product on market. I can't vouch for it, but thought I would pass it along for your consideration.

ZeoForce™ Zeolite 400 Gram Powder

I have it it mind to order it myself and give it a try. If I do, I'll let you know how it goes. I read some of what Debra Lynn Dadd had to say about Vaiora, and it does sound like it has potential. These days, I tend to rely more on what credible people share than a lot of other stuff out there to choose from. Best of luck if you decide to give this a try.

Wayne

I finally got around to ordering the above product, and then let it set around for a while longer. I'm usually pretty hesitant about starting something new, and always like to be in somewhat of a "baseline mode" to be able to determine what I may be experiencing as a result of introducing something new to my body.

This morning, I took my first capsule of this zeolite. Within the next 1-2 hours or so, I started to experience sort of an "unsettled" feeling. I would describe it as a new energy in my body that I wasn't immediately adapting to. After this initial period, I settled into more of a relaxed, but somewhat energized felling, which is where I'm currently at.

I'm quite intrigued at this time, and also fairly optimistic about what this zeolite might be able to do for me. There's lots of testimonials out there how well zeolite can work for other people, and I seem to have found a particular product that so far is working well for me.

Wayne

Wayne

Zeolite Helped Stomach Pains

I've been continuing to take zeolite, and after two weeks now, am feeling this is a very good supplement for me. About the third day after starting to take one capsule a day, I experienced a fairly pronounced stomach ache, and later that day, some unusual pains in my lower back. I suspected these were some kind of detox reactions. By the next day, these pains were on the wane.

A couple days after that, I noticed that not only had my stomach ache gone completely away, but a low-level nagging sort of stomach ache I've had for years felt much better. I would usually generally notice this ache about every other day or so, but it's now been over a week since I noticed it at all. What I do notice every day is my whole stomach area feels much better and much more relaxed.

I'm also doing better generally speaking. Though I'm doing a number of things I feel are helping me, I keep coming back to the zeolite. It was what seemed to shift things for me fairly significantly and help set the stage for some marginal improvements in my functionality and sense of well being.

Best, Wayne

undcvr

I was looking into Zeolite, Bentonites (the Montmotrillolites) and the Hulmic, Fulvic acids (Shilajit or Moomie) for the same thing. I think they all work by their negative charge and high adsorption surface. Alginate and Pectin work too i think.

So far I have settled on Sonne's detox formula #7. It is definitely doing something. I feel calmer and function differently. I am at the dose of 1-2 tbs daily. What drew me to these products was their ability to detox, specifically acidosis and ammonia detox pathway. I feel zen when I am on it and yet at the sametime feel like I have more energy. For me it is definitely working as somewhat of an adaptogen.

I think that all these things will at some point stop to work, when it gets to that stage you have to stop taking it and rotate to something else, say alginate and pectin. The uses for alginate, zeolite and bentonite are surprisingly similiar. It must be their ability to form colloids/gels in suspension. There is something very important about this concept.

If you take it and get even a small benefit from it, then you can capitalise on that with another supplement.

My suggestion is that if you dont want to pay the price of the Zeolite yet, try a cheaper clay-based product and see how you feel. The effects may not be the same, but the science show them working in similar ways. At the end of the day Zeolite is still a clay and there are many kinds of it out there.

Wayne

Sonne's detox formula #7

So far I have settled on Sonne's detox formula #7. It is definitely doing something. I feel calmer and function differently. I am at the dose of 1-2 tbs daily. What drew me to these products was their ability to detox, specifically acidosis and ammonia detox pathway. I feel zen when I am on it and yet at the sametime feel like I have more energy. For me it is definitely working as somewhat of an adaptogen.

Hi Undcvr,

Thanks for the good information. I'm intrigued by your mention of the ammonia detox pathway. Since I have Lyme, ammonia detoxification is a major consideration for me. Perhaps that's a big reason the zeolite is working so well for me.

I was also intrigued by your mention of the formula working for you similar to that of an adaptogen. I hadn't thought of it that way, but I have to say I notice more calmness and resilience as I go through my day.

I appreciate you mentioning the Sonne's detox formula #7. I'll probably do a bit of research and try to get a sense of whether to try it or not. Once I find something that works, I like to try different variations of the same product and see which one might work best.

Best Regards, Wayne

undcvr

Hey Wayne, speaking of detoxifying the body of ammonia, you would want to look into OKG (Ornithine alpha-keto glutarate). It was specifically made to remove ammonia in hospital patients under severe trauma. Alpha keto glutarate is basically the arginine amino acid with the ammonia group removed. It is an ammonia scavenger in the body. The European 2:1 formula is preferred to the American 1:1 ratio.

Something else to look into is Arginine alpha keto glutarate, it is a Krebs cycle intermediate and is used immediately in the body. It also scavenges ammonia.

What intrigues me the most about these clays is that when they are hydrated in water they form a cage of negative charge. This is amazing, so few things in nature does that but I know that alginate does the samething too.

Oh and besided the ammonia detox pathway, dont forget acidosis or even ketoacidosis. It seems that somehow these acids when excreted by the muscle, somehow make their way to the hydrated cage too. Its a great way to keep the blood alkaline.

dannybex

UPDATES, anyone?

Just wondering if anyone is still using the zeolite? Is it helping...and/or did it help for awhile, then quit...or did you eventually feel worse on it?

Also, did anyone do any pre- and post- urine tests for heavy metals when taking the product?

I've been looking at it off and on, and now after experiencing some symptoms that went away last summer (I think due to arsenic or another heavy metal issue) I'm considering it again.

Anyone? :)

Thanks in advance,

Dan

suzanne

Hi Dan,
I have tried various brads of zeolite and have had teh same reaction to them all- I find it too powerful for me. Within minutes of taking it i get increased headpain and body itch , both of which are typical detox symptoms for me.

I stopped taking the wairora after a month and started fredd's protocol instead- I think you know that I am also having problems in tolerating the methylaon protocol, so perhaps my body is just not good at the detoxiication pathways.

I have tried the clay foot baths and react less violently to these. perhaps at some point I wil go back to zelite bt my warning would be to go in at a very low dose until you know how you react.

regards

Suzanne

dannybex

Thanks for your reply Suzanne. That is interesting that it gave you reactions that were similar to the one's you're having with Fred's protocol. And also interesting that you can tolerate the foot baths better. Perhaps the clay might be more helpful for you for awhile...?

d.

SaraM

Hi Dan,
I have tried various brads of zeolite and have had teh same reaction to them all- I find it too powerful for me. Within minutes of taking it i get increased headpain and body itch , both of which are typical detox symptoms for me.]

Very interesting. Diatomaceous earth has the same effect on me.

kday

I use zeolite. It helps with heavy metals, but at first it was too powerful and intensified heavy metal symptoms - relatively intense neuropsychiatric symptoms on the first couple doses. These are common detox reactions for me. I'm relatively stable now, so it wasn't a coincidence. It should make heavy metal tests come down.

It caused my urination to increase at first (which was a good thing for me actually), and at first, made my mouth dry and feel dehydrated. It drew a lot of water to the intestines at first and watery stool (but this wasn't a disturbing symptom or anything).

Now I notice nothing when taking it. However, the marketing that says there are no side effects are a lie. Other than decreasing metal load, I can't say how much it has really helped me since i do a lot of things.

dannybex

I use zeolite. It helps with heavy metals, but at first it was too powerful and intensified heavy metal symptoms - relatively intense neuropsychiatric symptoms on the first couple doses. These are common detox reactions for me. I'm relatively stable now, so it wasn't a coincidence. It should make heavy metal tests come down.

It caused my urination to increase at first (which was a good thing for me actually), and at first, made my mouth dry and feel dehydrated. It drew a lot of water to the intestines at first and watery stool (but this wasn't a disturbing symptom or anything).

Now I notice nothing when taking it. However, the marketing that says there are no side effects are a lie. Other than decreasing metal load, I can't say how much it has really helped me since i do a lot of things.

Hi Kday,

I was wondering what brand you used? And what type of neuro symptoms intensified?

Also...did you do any sort of testing for metals before you used it?

Thanks in advance. :)

p.s. thanks too to Suzanne and Sara...

Wayne

Still Taking Zeolite

Just wondering if anyone is still using the zeolite? Is it helping...and/or did it help for awhile, then quit...or did you eventually feel worse on it?

Hi Dan,

I continue to use zeolite, and continue to feel it's a good supplement for me. I recently started doing some homeopathic remedies for Lyme, and since I'm experiencing some herx reactions as a result, have upped my dose a bit. I don't believe it has intensified my detox symptoms; just feel it's adding an extra layer of "protection" as the dying Lyme bacteria leave major neurotoxins behind.

This past week has been especially difficult, but noticed that I generally did better the day following a FIR sauna. I think both the zeolite and saunas are similar in that they can intensify detox symptoms if you're body is not used to them, but can alleviate them if your body has built up a certain stamina to dealing with these types of detox aids.

I continue to believe that a clay detox foot bath is one of the safest and easiest detox methods to use for most kinds of detoxification situations. I still use them regularly, but have to say I wish I was a little more disciplined with them (doing them more often). It's one of those things that is very consistent where I feel better immediately afterwards.

I think as with any kind of detoxification experiments, it's always wise to go slowly and see what our bodies can effectively handle at any given time.

Wayne

slayadragon

I tried a capsule of a zeolite product (the package instructions said six capsules twice a day). Eight hours later, I have an unpleasant (and unaccustomed) bad taste in my mouth and burning in my gut. So apparently it is mobilizing something. I'm not sure what.

Probably this is a good thing. I would suggest being careful with it though!

Lisa

Lotus97

Hey Wayne, speaking of detoxifying the body of ammonia, you would want to look into OKG (Ornithine alpha-keto glutarate). It was specifically made to remove ammonia in hospital patients under severe trauma. Alpha keto glutarate is basically the arginine amino acid with the ammonia group removed. It is an ammonia scavenger in the body. The European 2:1 formula is preferred to the American 1:1 ratio.

Something else to look into is Arginine alpha keto glutarate, it is a Krebs cycle intermediate and is used immediately in the body. It also scavenges ammonia.

What intrigues me the most about these clays is that when they are hydrated in water they form a cage of negative charge. This is amazing, so few things in nature does that but I know that alginate does the samething too.

Oh and besided the ammonia detox pathway, dont forget acidosis or even ketoacidosis. It seems that somehow these acids when excreted by the muscle, somehow make their way to the hydrated cage too. Its a great way to keep the blood alkaline.

I was wondering what sort of dosages are good for OKG and AAKG. I eat a lot protein so I probably need more than others. I'm already taking OKG and Arginine Pyroglutamate. Do I still need AAKG also or do the ones I'm taking accomplish the same thing?

Thanks

Lotus97

I'm considering adding clay either Bentonite or Zeolite, but I noticed another HealthForce product (Intestinal Drawing Formula Power) that had both clays plus some other things. I doubt I'll buy this particular product because I prefer to buy ingredients separately so I can add things one at a time, it's almost always cheaper to buy things individually, and I especially don't like proprietary blends, but I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on the ingredients and also has anyone actually used this product specifically? They have it in both powder and capsules.

http://www.iherb.com/HealthForce-Nutritionals-Intestinal-Drawing-Formula-Power-14-4-oz-408-g/19296

Proprietary Blend:
Wildcrafted Slippery Elm Bark, Marshmallow Root, Nopal Cactus, Natural Zeolite Clay, Activated Charcoal, Plantain Leaf, Carob Powder, Flax Seed Meal, Kelp, Volcanic Bentonite Clay.

Lotus97

Why is Zeolite so much more expensive than Bentonite? Is it worth taking both or is Zeolite better? There are a lot of customer reviews of Sonne's Detox #7 (colloidal Bentonite) which was mentioned in this thread:
http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/Sonne-s-7-Detoxificant-32-oz-946-ml/5945/?p=1

Also, what's the difference between the Zeolite powder and the liquid? I found three liquid brands with Zeolite (Clinoptilolite). What it sounds like from the product description is that the liquids are smaller particles so they are able to enter the bloodstream.

This one by Solutions IE:
https://www.swansonvitamins.com/solutions-ie-total-zeolite-2-fl-oz-liquid

And this by Results RNA:
http://www.pureformulas.com/acz-nano-advanced-cellular-zeolite-2-oz-by-results-rna.html

This by Pure Planet also has Fulvic Acid:
http://www.iherb.com/Organic-by-Nature-Pure-Planet-Fulvic-Zeolite-1-fl-oz-30-ml/39558

Hi Dan,
I have tried various brads of zeolite and have had teh same reaction to them all- I find it too powerful for me. Within minutes of taking it i get increased headpain and body itch , both of which are typical detox symptoms for me.

Suzanne

I've had the same problem with Zeolite in that even very small doses just wipe me out. I took just half a teaspoon once and felt dizzy, nauseous, disoriented, anxious, couldn't sleep. I've heard that it removes colloidal silver from the body including the brain. Felt kind of foggy for a few days. I wonder if anyone else has had such a reaction.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Dainty
just wondering if you ever tried the zeolite? a dentist I saw recently used a spray one every day - wonder why:(
I didn't get the name of the product though. I'm due to have some amalgams out soon and want to try it.