• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Washington Post ME/CFS Ad and Press Release are OUT!

I've noticed that the couple of online papers (Miami Herald and Wall Street Online) that I looked at used this press release verbatim - a sign of a well-written one!

I hope it gets more and more coverage but also some considered commentary and follow-up stories in the media. That will be the interesting stage, I think - when the media stop just repeating what they've been handed and actually start thinking about the content for themselves.

Wow - what an impact!

This is catching on like wildfire in the US press. :D and history is being made as we 'speak'!

Superb job by everyone at the MCWPA and PANDORA! Tina and Sita are hopefully going to find themselves very busy from now on!

Hopefully the recalcitrant UK press will pick up on this in the week ... would love to have seen a certain Professor's face over the cornflakes this morning ... (on second thoughts ..)

Incredible, keep up the good work. Hopefully our two small (pretty stuborn) welfare-states, Belgium and the Netherlands will pick up this lead.
Thanks everyone who putted their time, effort but most of all their precious energy in this campain.

A Huge Team Effort...

This was very nicely done! who should we thank for doing the ad?

Lancelot... This was a huge team effort. First the Folks at MCWPA: Tina Tidmore, Andrea Pring, Sita Harrison: Marly Silverman, Karen Ravitz.

Second the supporting organizations: P.A.N.D.O.R.A. Inc., Rocky Mountain CFS/ME and FM Association, Vermont CFIDS Association, Inc., Wisconsin ME/CFS Association, Inc. and R.E.S.C.I.N.D.

Third: All the donors that gave which made the effort possible

Last the patient community who took time to comment and select the ad that went into the Post.

It doesn't get much better than that.

C
Fantastic work everyone. I have forwarded links for the Washington Post add, the PR, Red Cross and AABB news releases to all my local newspapers. I have also contacted our local Blood bank with this information asking what they are doing to preserve the safety of our local blood supply. Their response was immediate and in line with the Red Cross banning us from blood donation....they sounded very concerned (probably don't want me at the front door with pamplets). Awareness is spreading like wildfire now.

Cloud how good to see they are aware of XMRV and watching developments closely, compare that with the UK response, which prohibits us from donating on grounds of the patients own health. I know which country I have more faith in for the truth to emerge from soon.

Lancelot... This was a huge team effort. First the Folks at MCWPA: Tina Tidmore, Andrea Pring, Sita Harrison: Marly Silverman, Karen Ravitz.

Second the supporting organizations: P.A.N.D.O.R.A. Inc., Rocky Mountain CFS/ME and FM Association, Vermont CFIDS Association, Inc., Wisconsin ME/CFS Association, Inc. and R.E.S.C.I.N.D.

Third: All the donors that gave which made the effort possible

Last the patient community who took time to comment and select the ad that went into the Post.

It doesn't get much better than that.

Thanks Carryon for illuminating the organization that supported the ad.

Fantastic work everyone. I have forwarded links for the Washington Post add, the PR, Red Cross and AABB news releases to all my local newspapers. I have also contacted our local Blood bank with this information asking what they are doing to preserve the safety of our local blood supply. Their response was immediate and in line with the Red Cross banning us from blood donation....they sounded very concerned (probably don't want me at the front door with pamplets). Awareness is spreading like wildfire now.

Great idea Cloud - what a bunch of light you bring to this action ;)

Where the rubber meets the road!

Nice! This makes ALL the difference...

Okay, I've forwarded the links to any local journalists I could think of, members of the health journalism association, the local Blood Bank, and even NPR. Thanks, Cloud for inspiring and abbetting this effort, and thanks to all who got this miraculous campaign off and running.:victory:

:In bed:
~leela