• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW Turnip contest entry needs votes, $5000 at stake!

Did you vote for the Turnip Neti Video?

• Yes

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
Ignore

I try and realize that some peoples' brains are affected differently - look what happens wirh many alzheimer patients!! In the other forum that I go to I put some posters on ignore so that I can enjoy the rest of the posters. I don't try to even explain anything as I don't think I could even if I was there in person. So if a person with the click of a vote can give back to others does not want to and discourages others I put them on ignore - their brains might not be able to. I know my brain has really deteriorated but not that way, but everyones is diferent.

It is a little late for this now but I was thinking - after seeing all of the pets on the igive campaign that Helen did, maybe we and they both could bennefit. I belong to such an organization - am not able to help them much but do keep in touch. There are contacts. Maybe we could exchange votes?? Just putting feelers out on this??? I did send an email to the head of a local organization asking her to vote for the video.

glen

helen41

I think it's pretty funny. The French Taunter he's not (and that shows my age!). He's obviously feeling really threatened. I think we're best just not engaging with the fellow. I deleted my request from that website and hopefully it's done- 24 hours left!

helen41

todays numbers
...................................comments....sun.....mon....tues.//.views....sun.....mon....tues
#1 Believe- it was the night................10.......10......10.......... ........648....673....722
#2 Turnips for Netipot........................53.......55......64...................654....670....753
#3 Neilmed Neti Pot...........................57.......59......65...................338....362....412
#4 How to use the Netipot..................32.......33......34...... ............298.....308....333
#5 Momma's got Clear........................50.......52......56.. ................197.....214....229
#6 Netipot Challenge..........................1........1.... ...1..................1043...1053...1084

Sasha

Fine, thank you
What a great you guys have done! One more day.

The last voting day is today! [ETA: no it's not! it's tomorrow!] Judging starts the day after (which might even get us further up the ladder, who knows).

Yes, we really have done great - not over yet, though! If you haven't voted yet :eek:, now's the time...

Merry

Bumping. Tomorrow is the last day (until 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time) to vote.

Congratulations, Helen, for the confirmation of the win on the earlier video contest.

*GG*

Totally missed that you needed to VIEW, the video?, to help this cause. I thought it was just one vote and trying to get others to vote! Sorry I dropped the ball on this one.

GG

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Totally missed that you needed to VIEW, the video?, to help this cause. I thought it was just one vote and trying to get others to vote! Sorry I dropped the ball on this one.

GG

Hi GG - I'm think that "views" mean "hits to the page" rather than "looking at the video" so I think you're OK - I don't think a contest would count views rather than votes. I think Helen is posting views because we can't see how many votes we've got and views are a rough indication (I think, could be wrong). I think Helen can probably see how many views the page has had because those are the sort of behind-the-scenes stats you get if you're the person who has posted a video online - you can log in and see stuff that others can't.

Last day of voting today!

helen41

last day

These are today's numbers- I just look them up on UTube, so they aren't always accurate, just the only indicator of the standings that I could think of. How to use the Netipot went from 4th to 2nd in about an hour with a whole slew of FFF sent me comments.(?) We'll have to see how it all settles out

........................comm....sun.....mon....tues...wed//.views....sun.....mon....tues...wed
#1 Believe- it was the........10.......10......10....11................648....673....722......785
#2 How to use the Netipot..32.......33......34....60................298.....308....333.....404
#3Turnips for Netip............53.......55......64 ...69................654....670....753......846
#4 Neilmed Neti Pot...........57.......59......65.....73...............338....362....412.......478
#5 Momma's got Clear........50.......52......56.....60..............197.....214....229.......249
#6 Netipot Challenge..........1........1.... ...1.......1..............1043...1053...1084.....1178

Merry

So what does the judging part of this contest entail? Or, what are the judges looking for? I think you have explained some of this, but coud you refresh my memory, Helen?

Thank you.

Dolphin

These are today's numbers- I just look them up on UTube, so they aren't always accurate, just the only indicator of the standings that I could think of. How to use the Netipot went from 4th to 2nd in about an hour with a whole slew of FFF sent me comments.(?) We'll have to see how it all settles out

........................comm....sun.....mon....tues...wed//.views....sun.....mon....tues...wed
#1 Believe- it was the........10.......10......10....11................648....673....722......785
#2 How to use the Netipot..32.......33......34....60................298.....308....333.....404
#3Turnips for Netip............53.......55......64 ...69................654....670....753......846
#4 Neilmed Neti Pot...........57.......59......65.....73...............338....362....412.......478
#5 Momma's got Clear........50.......52......56.....60..............197.....214....229.......249
#6 Netipot Challenge..........1........1.... ...1.......1..............1043...1053...1084.....1178
If Turnips for Netipot has more than 404 votes (or whatever the final views are for "How to use the Netipot"), then hopefully the judges should let it pass it.

If it has less than 404 votes, the response from the community is disappointing.

Frank

If Turnips for Netipot has more than 404 votes (or whatever the final views are for "How to use the Netipot"), then hopefully the judges should let it pass it.

If it has less than 404 votes, the response from the community is disappointing.

Dolphin don't let a low response get you down, we'll get there.