• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW Turnip contest entry needs votes, $5000 at stake!

Did you vote for the Turnip Neti Video?

• Yes

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

helen41

I made a contest entry for a netipot. The prizes are big! ($5000, $4000, $3000, $2000 and $1000). This is my own entry, but, my plan is to divide any winnings equally and donate to the following 4 ME/CFS causes:
25% to Phoenix Rising
25% to the Whittemore Peterson Institute
25% to the ME/FM Action Network
25% to the What About ME? documentary
Please understand, this is not an official fundraiser, nor is it to be considered a treatment recommendation. It is my personal request for votes so I can donate back.
Winners are decided based on viewings and Facebook votes. I think we have a good chance of winning it.

STEPS TO VOTE:
1)A voter will need to give acces to his details to contests
2)One Facebook account can vote one time between Dec 1st and 15th.

The entry can be viewed here and is called Turnips for Netipot, vote on this link:
http://tiny.cc/iavc6

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Good to see more turnips in action!

Just voted but I didn't get any sort of "yes, you've voted and we've counted it" thing - is that normal? I'm afraid I'm a bit clueless on Facebook, I only go there to vote for stuff like this!

Frank

I voted and started a poll to see how many have voted too. Up to $1250 for each of the 4 different causes, that's big turnipmoney! I'm considering on sending this out to the members of the Action Mailing list. (action.aboutmecfs.org)

Dolphin

I'm considering on sending this out to the members of the Action Mailing list. (action.aboutmecfs.org)
Maybe don't do that just yet till we find out if it is daily voting or voting just once. If it's voting just once people will still have plenty of time in a few days. When I went in, it said one could vote only once but helen41 is checking. Well done, helen!

shannah

There's those little cuties again! Well done Helen!

Sasha, I ended up getting some sort of verification that I had voted but I'm sorry I can't remember exactly what it said now.

helen41

They confirmed- it is one vote for the contest period per facebook account per video, so if there was more than one entry you could vote for each (although that would be like voting against our turnip team).
The other contest they are running has the same 5 prizes with 45 total entries. If someone wanted to enter (also as a private video) and do a similar type of donation, we could do even better. I can't do it because my daughter entered that one and I would never want to compete against her, LOL

helen41

I voted too but have no way of knowing if it went through - as with the last one I did at facebook idk

glen
Glen, when I go back to the site, the green button saying VOTE is gone and I see a tick mark beside the video. If you don't get that, I think your vote didn't register

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Good to see more turnips in action!

Just voted but I didn't get any sort of "yes, you've voted and we've counted it" thing - is that normal? I'm afraid I'm a bit clueless on Facebook, I only go there to vote for stuff like this!

Oh! I just went back and could still see the big green "vote" button so I tried again. It prompted me to allow something or other to look at my profile or something. Last time I said no but this time I said "yes" (my profile is either blank or has a load of made-up stuff - I don't believe in FaceBook!) and this time the big green vote button turned into a button that says "I voted" with a green tick.

It's maybe worth adding to the first post that you need to allow it to do that thing with your profile so that your vote will go through.

On the top right of the screen there's a thing that says "You can vote for each entry once during this contest." so maybe we can't vote every day.

helen41

Oh! I just went back and could still see the big green "vote" button so I tried again. It prompted me to allow something or other to look at my profile or something. Last time I said no but this time I said "yes" (my profile is either blank or has a load of made-up stuff - I don't believe in FaceBook!) and this time the big green vote button turned into a button that says "I voted" with a green tick.

It is a single vote.
I set up a a secondary facebook account a couple of years ago using a nickname (and no, I'm not telling). It requires an email address, a date of birth and a privacy setting. That's it. I have no friends, so I just use it for specific purposes and I know I'm not spreading info all over the place. It's easy to do, and comes in handy

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
HMM

Glen, when I go back to the site, the green button saying VOTE is gone and I see a tick mark beside the video. If you don't get that, I think your vote didn't register

I think this is the key. Maybe others were doing the same and gave up.

Click on the vote - then it takes you to facebook BUT then you have to keep it OPEN and go back and click the vote again -Hope I can remember this. Thats what I must have done wrong months ago. I think it went through this time. Those specific instructions written for us " more advanced cognition prob" people might be important lol - probably many more but it gets too confusing asking questions and then not getting it right

Is there any way that you can check how many votes are going in like it did with I-give?

glen

Min

thanks,very well done - fingers crossed that you win -`I voted & know it was counted 'cos i shared the video on my profile page & it says I voted

Tuha

apparently this page gives the top 5: http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/contests/68294/voteable_entries?ogn=facebook
we're not in it at the moment. Let's try to get to the top 5

I think we are on the 12th place. You go on "view all entries". Then you can see 5 entries with the most votes. but if you go on "see all entries". then you will see us currently on the 12 th place - if i understand good. But you cannot see the number of votes - or did someone find out how we can see the numbers.

If you want to be 100 % sure if you voted. if you voted there is no more the green button "Vote Now" but you can just see "I voted"