• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

natural killer cells

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
After reading about XRMV, it seems that it affects natural killer cells function(NK). A quick google find that low dose naltrexone increases NK cells. Could this be a possible treatment? Anyone had any experience with Low dose naltrexone? It seems to help people with MS and other illnesses that they are finding infected with the new retrovirus.

Its all becoming very interesting, light at the end of the tunnel!!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
After reading about XRMV, it seems that it affects natural killer cells function(NK). A quick google find that low dose naltrexone increases NK cells. Could this be a possible treatment? Anyone had any experience with Low dose naltrexone? It seems to help people with MS and other illnesses that they are finding infected with the new retrovirus.

Its all becoming very interesting, light at the end of the tunnel!!

Heapsreal: I am taking this and have posted on it on the natural anti-retroviral thread, and also in the low dose naltrexone thread in the general treatment section. I have been helped by it and am now doubly glad to be taking it.

Sushi

kolowesi

LDN treatment

I've wanted to try this for years!

How do you talk your doctor into it? My NK function is around 40, not terrible (it used to be 7), but I have to take expensive stuff to keep it up this high, and it's far from optimal.

Plus, isn't LDN good if one has a tendency to autoimmunity?

Thanks!
Kelly

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
How do you talk your doctor into it? My NK function is around 40, not terrible (it used to be 7), but I have to take expensive stuff to keep it up this high, and it's far from optimal.

Plus, isn't LDN good if one has a tendency to autoimmunity?

Thanks!
Kelly

I just took in research from the web--mainly form lowdosenaltrexone.org. My doc was already familiar with it and happy to prescribe it. And yes, it is helpful for many autoimmune conditions and I seem to have that going on. Make sure that it is prescribed without sustained release though--that blunts the effect.

It is the one drug I have no complaints about!

Sushi

kolowesi

Sushi thank you for LDN info

I'm going to ask him at my next appt. This would save me some serious money, and probably work better too. I always had a feeling it would be good.

Keep getting better!

Kelly