• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are you kidding me, you have not voted yet?

*GG*

http://www.igive.com/html/videocontestvote.cfm?vid=69

There are a few members on this forum, who are relatively active in promoting various contests to raise awareness or money for good causes.:balloons:

So a few members are just wondering:angel:. With thousands of people on this forum, how come only a tiny fraction appear to participate:innocent1:? (I would imagine this is probably "normal" even in the real world, but not certain:confused:).

Perhaps it is just appearances, people are active and just do not let people know?

(This is understandable, I don't always note when I vote for something. Otherwise some threads would just be way to long!:cool:)

This is not meant for the most sick among us:In bed:, who have to be very, very stringent with their energy envelope!

:DPeace!:D

GG

PS All insight and positive feedback is greatly appreciated!

http://www.igive.com/html/videocontestvote.cfm?vid=69

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
trouble

Maybe some are clicking to vote and not realizing that it is not going through - mine is very slow?? I usually have trouble with stuff like this. Is it very slow for you too? I am not sure if it is my puter or the site - but I wait til the confirm comes up

glen

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I'll usually make excuses for people because I know when you feel really bad everything is an effort but the turnip video is the easiest one I have ever done. literally 2 seconds, I click on the link on the first page of the thread and click vote, no matter how rough I feel its easy, think what we get out of this forum is a lot, only right we should give a little back. I really don't understand people at times.

IntuneJune

A simple way to say "Thank You" to Phoenix Rising

What a wealth of information PR has provided us!!!

We come here for the latest information, search for older information, ask for help, receive support, share experiences and have some laughs!!

Voting for the video is a quick and simple way to give back.... and it is PAINless with NO side-effects.

SO, for those who have not voted, there must be a reason!! Are you concerned about "downloading" from the site? Downloading is NOT necessary to vote. (But as I understand, PR could continue to receive funds.)

Is there another reason you have not voted? We have shared some of the most intimate problems with others here, so please tell us why YOU have not voted.

So let's get this done..... let's come in #1. Get your family and friends to vote also.... We are chasing the coonhounds. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT, we are doing the chasing..... it should be the other way around.......

June

GG, thanks for taking the initiative in starting this.

Lynn

Well, I have to admit that I did not do this earlier. Facebook was quite a stretch for me during the Chase contest and I didn't want to give another site my personal information.

However, thanks to the goading :), I decided to look into it. I read I-Give.com's privacy policy and they say they do not sell or distribute your email address or other info. So, I signed up and voted and will do it daily until the contest ends. It's a small thing thing to do for Phoenix Rising that has given us so much.

Lynn

beesknees

I've been voting for the last week. But at first I didn't realize that you could voted everyday. Once I knew that I started voting daily. Perhaps that is why the numbers have increased lately.

alex3619

Hi ggingues There isn't much excuse for not voting if someone is well enough to read this site - its so easy. What I have trouble with is remembering to vote every day. My circadian rhythm is so disrupted that I don't even know what a day is anymore, and my memory is bad as well. My todo list is longer than most PR threads, most of which I never get around to even looking at. What helps is threads like this: every time I see it I vote. Bye, Alex

Tuha

for the people who are afraid of loosing personal information or getting spams. its maybe good to create new "feaky" email adress where you can put "feaky" personal information. then you can always use it in the case like this. i do it also.

IntuneJune

It is so easy, even if you make a mistake

$10,000 Holiday Video Contest
Vote every day! Your last vote cast each day counts!

The above quote is from the IGive Page.

Since I started voting, I could not make sense of "Your last vote cast each day counts!"

Then, one day, I voted for PR, but wanted to "view" the coonhound video. (My son and his wife adopted a rescued coonhound.) In my brain fog, I clicked the "vote" button INSTEAD of the "arrow" to simply view the video. A message came up that I had voted for the hounds! Whoa! Was I upset. Why did it register TWO votes for the day.

So I went back to the PR video and voted for that one again, SURE ENOUGH the confirmation window appeared that I had voted for PR. Then it dawned on me, that is what the sentence meant..... Only my LAST vote would count.

A reminder, for those who do not want to download the toolbar, it is NOT necessary to download to vote for the video.

And brainfogged folks like myself can find their way around.

June

Lynn

What I have trouble with is remembering to vote every day.

This is how I am remembering. I use Outlook for my email. It also has a calendar. I put the link to the video in it as an appointment and asked the calendar to remind me. Outlook is now popping up a box with link everyday to remind me. I click on the link, vote and then ask the box to remind me again in 24 hours. Sorry I didn't do this at the beginning of the contest.

Lynn

*GG*

Just got my vote in today! Only about 60 votes from "UGA Relay For Life".

GG

PS I remember by subscribing to this and other threads!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
How are the votes audited? Is it by isp or email address?

I don't know (others might!) but I thought it was OK for family members to vote so I doubt it would be ISP. Someone mentioned on another thread having received an email from iGive a few days ago (so did I, even though I had ticked the box to opt out of mailings) so it may be that they are emailing each email address used to register to check they don't get a "message undeliverable" notice. As long as the email address that you give exists I think it would be OK.

IntuneJune

Please vote............the coonhounds are going to blow us away!!!!! We are not even nipping at their heels, I meant paws, yet! We need newcomers!!!! If "downloading" is preventing you..... you need NOT download.

June