• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: The IGIVE Video Contest is OVER! Thanks Everyone - Now Vote for the Winning C00-Nonprofit

If you want to win this thing, got to get on it: the #1 entry has 1657 votes to Phoenix Rising's 93! I found it a little hard to find the video contest after registering for iGive. If anyone else has that issue. the link to go to after registering is: http://www.igive.com/html/videocontestvote.cfm##.

First, you need to register, at: http://www.igive.com/welcome/index.cfm

You pick your cause (type Phoenix Rising in the blank), then register. Then go to the link for the video contest that I gave above and vote. If you leave it open it is easy to vote every day.

Sorry if this seems terribly obvious. But I was tired when trying to do it and could easily have given up when it wasn't obvious how to get to the video contest.

Happy voting.
Just to be clear, one doesn't have to be signed up with iGive for Phoenix Rising to support the video (I'll out myself that another non-profit got me first, before PR had non-profit status, to make this point).

Thanks Dolphin - we're stable at 18 - that puts us -just barely in the $150 - we're about 10 votes ahead of #19. Let's make sure we're in the top 18! :victory: Just a vote a day.

We would need to move up 10 places to win $250 - it would take about 300 votes to get there. I've been told we probably need about 100 votes a day to do that. It certainly seems doable.

Thanks Dolphin - we're stable at 18 - that puts us -just barely in the $150 - we're about 10 votes ahead of #19. Let's make sure we're in the top 18! :victory: Just a vote a day.

We would need to move up 10 places to win $250 - it would take about 300 votes to get there. I've been told we probably need about 100 votes a day to do that. It certainly seems doable.
41 people have clicked they like it for Facebook. When you include anyone who doesn't have a Facebook account or does but didn't want to click like it, presumably the figure for those who have voted at least once is quite a bit higher. Get them to vote 10+ times before the end of the month and we'll do well. Is there any easier way that we could be sent out an E-mail reminder e.g. at around the same time every day ideally, to vote. One simple way I suppose would be to have a thread where a message was posted at around the same time every day and people were encouraged to subscribe to that thread. Anyway, I'm not volunteering, just throwing out ideas. Moderators have permission to sign me up for such a thread.

Thanks Dolphin for the ideas - figuring out the best way to do this is key I think.

We did good today. We're still at 18 but we're now about 45 votes ahead of #19 - that's the key. THanks! ;)

I think with a small effort we could slowly get on the 8 th place - which means 250 USD. With little bit bigger effort we could get on the 3rd place - which means 500 USD.
So if you are able, involve your family, friends, lovers, dogs, horses, cats ......in this competition
thanks

Wow - what a leap! We are up to 14! :victory: Only six more to the magic number 8 :cool:

Little Mews is just ahead of us - - sorry little kitty the turnips cannot be stopped - you're next! :cool:

Wow - what a jump we had - up to 12! :victory::victory::victory: - our best day by far.

We be kicking rear-end right now. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you look at the next magic number - #8 - that group has not been moving hardly at all - they gained few votes over the next day. If we keep this up we catch up to them pretty quickly!

Are we good or what? :D:D:D

Another excellent day! We are #10 - on the First Page :D:D:D

The people with CFS :In bed: actually jumped past the Tri-cities Jumping Rope Club - take that you jump-ropers! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We have 472 votes and are two places away from our next magic number - #8 - let's do it today!​

Another excellent day! We are #10 - on the First Page :D:D:D

The people with CFS :In bed: actually jumped past the Tri-cities Jumping Rope Club - take that you jump-ropers! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We have 472 votes and are two places away from our next magic number - #8 - let's do it today!​
That's great. One can see from the front page that there are 75 people who have liked it on Facebook so that's a good number going forward (and there are probably more).

Cort, in case you didn't know, your sig wasn't on those posts.

We jumped up quite a few votes and we are more comfortably in the top 8. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Let's keep voting and see if we can move up - we're now going up against other strong groups - this is the really challenging part! :cool::cool::cool:

I'm glad folks keep posting updates because it reminds me to go vote each time I come to visit the forum in the mornings. I'm voting each day...but I know I'd forget if I didn't see these updates.