• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix rising won $300

Dolphin

A comparison with the figures from 28 hours ago:

Grayson Co. Humane Society: 996
UGA Relay For Life: 799
The Youth Center: 749
JDRF - Alex's Superstars!: 672
Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus: 632

Phoenix Rising: 1074

Grayson Co. Humane Society: 1030 +34
UGA Relay For Life: 809 +10
The Youth Center: 749 +0
JDRF - Alex's Superstars!: 705 +33
Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus: 642 +10

Phoenix Rising: 1164 +90

This says to me people can safely switch to PANDORA - Phoenix Rising needs to be passed by four to drop any money. Can't see that happening before the end of November.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
PANDORA now in 31st place with 100 votes - the Louisville Weimaraner Rescue thing is in 18th place (where PANDORA has to get to get $150) with only 311 votes - we only have to get them another 211 votes in the next four days to get them to 18th place so let's keep going! We can do it!

Phoenix Rising is still looking safe at 5th place, 423 votes above the 8th-place holder. We just need to stay at or above 8th place to hold onto our money.

frenchtulip

We just cast our 3 votes for the day. PANDORA is now in 30th position. It will be great if we can get the group up into 18th position to win some cash! Please keep voting! Thanks.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just voted for PANDORA - they're now in 28th place with 137 votes. They're closing on the puppies and whatnot! Let's keep going! :D:D:D

Dolphin

For all the people too nervous to switch, the figures 37 hours ago were.
Grayson Co. Humane Society: 1030
UGA Relay For Life: 809
The Youth Center: 749
JDRF - Alex's Superstars!: 705
Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus: 642

Phoenix Rising: 1164

They are now:
Grayson Co. Humane Society: 1087 +57
UGA Relay For Life: 815 +6
The Youth Center: 749 +0
JDRF - Alex's Superstars!: 738 +33
Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus: 655 +13

Phoenix Rising: 1203 +39

Even if PR got no more votes, about the only one that might get to 1203 is Grayson Co. Humane Society. But that doesn't make any difference.

IntuneJune

PANDORA at 139 today Sunday 8:19 am

Had trouble voting. As I never downloaded the toolbar from the site (sorry), I am wondering if after so many days, the IGive site attemps to entice folks to do so again?????? Don't know. But everytime I tried to vote, a message to register kept appearing. Frustrated, I thought what the heck and I registered again only to get the message my email was invalid as it had already been registered...... so then "logged in" and voted and got the confirmation window for my vote.

Don't know what that was about, anyone else????

June

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I never log out so every time I go to the site, I'm still logged in and I just click on "vote" and I'm done.

I never downloaded a toolbar or anything when I first registered so I don't think it's necessary. But you must be logged in to vote - so if you're trying to vote without being logged in, that's probably what is causing you to get a "please register" prompt.

Merry

PANDORA is at 27th place with 140 votes. Three more days to vote.

235 people are now registered at iGive.com as supporters of Phoenix Rising. As Dolphin points out, Phoenix Rising looks set to get the $250, so why not throw support to PANDORA today and for the next two days to pick up another $125 for the ME/CFS community?

Merry

Hi, June.

Sorry to hear about your difficulty voting. Maybe at the time you voted some work was being done at the website.

When I voted, about 20 minutes later than you did, my vote went through faster than ususal.

All weekend I've been wondering if the family coonhound got any turkey.

instructions for changing 'My Favorite Cause' settings from Peonixr Rising to PANDORA

1) Log in to Igive.com.
2) Click on settings in upper right corner.
3) Go to 'change settings' under 'my favorite cause'.
4) For key words type in "patient alliance" and for state type in FL.
5) Scroll down a few causes until you find PANDORA.

Once voting is over you can follow the same steps above to change "my favorite cause" back to Phoenix Rising or what ever other cause you prefer to help.

Dolphin

1) Log in to Igive.com.
2) Click on settings in upper right corner.
3) Go to 'change settings' under 'my favorite cause'.
4) For key words type in "patient alliance" and for state type in FL.
5) Scroll down a few causes until you find PANDORA.

Once voting is over you can follow the same steps above to change "my favorite cause" back to Phoenix Rising or what ever other cause you prefer to help.
This isn't necessary. Another non-profit signed me up before either of these two. But I've been able to vote for both without doing any changes.

helen41

I noticed a discrepancy in the rules. They say that voting is over as of "Sunday, Nov 30 2010 at 11:59 CT" I don't know if we actually have until Tues the 30th to gather another 165 votes or only until tonight to do it. I have 4 more votes to give today, that takes us to 161 needed....

Dolphin

I noticed a discrepancy in the rules. They say that voting is over as of "Sunday, Nov 30 2010 at 11:59 CT" I don't know if we actually have until Tues the 30th to gather another 165 votes or only until tonight to do it. I have 4 more votes to give today, that takes us to 161 needed....
I haven't seen last month's or whatever but normally things are done in a calendar month so I imagine it's till the end of Tuesday.

This isn't necessary. Another non-profit signed me up before either of these two. But I've been able to vote for both without doing any changes.

Your right, Its' not necessary but it has helped make it easier for me to vote. Others can do it if they wish. Being this late in the game, maybe it doesn't matter anymore?? I'm still putting my votes in anyway though.