• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix rising won $300

L'engle

moogle
Thanks Helen!

Ahhhh... I don't have pictures, but I also don't have the flash player on this partition of my computer so that probably explains it. It's easy to download flash but I'm running a dual boot computer and would have to install a second copy on this side of my computer partition, which I haven't done simply on principle of not wanting duplicate software on my computer. So that explains it. No turnips for me! No videos at all in fact. I'm living in the dark ages to save a few MB of storage on my hard drive.... maybe I'm the turnip here...:D

Sasha

Fine, thank you
maybe I'm the turnip here...:D

We're all turnips here, L'engle!

Just voted and we've got 774 votes and have climbed to #7 - 6th and 5th places are not far away and some of the others seem pretty static while we're still moving. Keep going! Keep going! :victory::victory::victory:

helen41

PANDORA is now in the contest too. I've just voted for Phoenix Rising and PANDORA, i think it was in one day (so that's two votes/ day)? PANDORA is only going for the early bird $50, so Marly only wants 10 votes if her video is competitive with phoenix rising.
I just checked the rules and they need votes from 10 different people, so I didn't vote for them today. They are standing at 7 votes. Can a few more voters send a bit their way? Thanks

Dolphin

I just checked the rules and they need votes from 10 different people, so I didn't vote for them today. They are standing at 7 votes. Can a few more voters send a bit their way? Thanks
Ok, you can put me down as one of the 10 - just voted.

Merry

The world has never seen anything like this - turnips this driven and this fast! And cute, too.

Great to get up this morning to find more good news about the competition.

I wish, though, that L'engle could watch the video.

helen41

Thanks Helen!

Ahhhh... I don't have pictures, but I also don't have the flash player on this partition of my computer so that probably explains it. It's easy to download flash but I'm running a dual boot computer and would have to install a second copy on this side of my computer partition, which I haven't done simply on principle of not wanting duplicate software on my computer. So that explains it. No turnips for me! No videos at all in fact. I'm living in the dark ages to save a few MB of storage on my hard drive.... maybe I'm the turnip here...:D
I don't know if this will help or not- it's the Utube link where it was uploaded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y7Eaqx9mAg

Dolphin

helen41, were you trying to put a link in your sig? I can't click on anything.
helen41, I see you have nothing now. I wasn't giving out, just trying to be helpful - sometimes codes don't come out correctly. A sig with no link is better than no sig at all.

Frank

ok Cort if you cast your vote i think that will be sufficient for the $50 for PANDORA. PLEASE STOP VOTING FOR PANDORA and go 100% for our forums from now on in. This is an agreement i have with Marly, i also provided her the video for PANDORA. THANK YOU!

helen41

:ashamed:
helen41, I see you have nothing now. I wasn't giving out, just trying to be helpful - sometimes codes don't come out correctly. A sig with no link is better than no sig at all.

You caught me- I tried to fix it, messed it up, then just gave up :ashamed:
I truly am a root vegetable sometimes......

shannah

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Yeah - I messed up mine too Helen - couldn't figure it out - hence just added in the link - doesn't look as nice as the other's but works anyway.

I think both kinds of sig have their advantages - one with an embedded hyperlink may look posh but the link itself is less obvious.

To get an embedded hyperlink, you:

1. Copy the link (just edit, copy this: http://www.igive.com/html/videocontestvote.cfm?vid=69)

2. Highlight the text that you want to form the link (e.g. "vote for Phoenix Rising's turnip video")

3. Click on the hyperlink button (look up at the toolbar within the "Quick Reply" box that you're writing your message in, that also contains the bold, italic etc. tools; the hyperlink button is the blue world with the two little grey circles at the bottom).

4. Press CTRL + v (this copies the web address into the prompt) and OK

Done!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Bless you once again Sasha! How helpful you are! I think I did it! A BIG Thank You!

Lovely! Posh new sig! :victory:

It took me about 10 years after most other people to find out how to do that so I'm happy to spread the knowledge! :Retro smile:

Igive video contest vote does not work sometimes. Make sure your vote IS counted.

I have noticed this a couple of times, usually around midnight EST, my families votes do not register.

The vote should show up instantaneously. look at the number of votes the video has before your vote, once the page is refreshed if the vote count is the same as it was before you voted, your vote did not get counted. I know this because I have done multiple tests on the system. :cool:

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
I have noticed this a couple of times, usually around midnight EST, my families votes do not register.

The vote should show up instantaneously. look at the number of votes the video has before your vote, once the page is refreshed if the vote count is the same as it was before you voted, your vote did not get counted. I know this because I have done multiple tests on the system. :cool:

I have noticed this too. I am wondering if it might occur more often at midnight when many are casting votes for the next day? I also scroll down and check number of votes and then enter the others emails that I have, checking the number after each vote. It doesnt seem to happen when the site is responding quicker.

glen

Tony

Still working on it all..
Good note surfer. A yellow pop-up box should appear after you vote, confirming that you have voted.

Our turnips are now racing in 6th position! Keep the pot boiling...I hear they like it hot...:)

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
When the yellow pop up box pops up to confirm, I check the X to delete and then scroll down to make sure that the count has gone up, as it sometimes does not even though the vote was confirmed

glen