• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix rising won $300

Sasha

Fine, thank you
8th place and finally ahead of the dobermans... dobermen... dobermans... dobermen... :confused:

But anyway, :victory::victory::victory:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
doberpersons/doberpeople. Some people are just not PC. ;)

Not sure if I like the idea of them chasing me from behind. :D

Doberpeople! Perfect. They sound like alien invaders. Great title for an SF series there. Yes, probably best to keep them where you can see them! :thumbsup:

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
Some time ago I signed up on igive.com but had a lot of technical problems. The web site kept showing me an error page, and showed me as not logged in, even though it had accepted my user id and password (and I had them email my password to me to make sure it was the right one). I turned off various browser add-ons one by one (I have installed no-script, ad-block, flash-block, etc.), and, of course, I enabled cookies for igive.com, but I still could not make it work. So, after trying for a while, I finally gave up.

Today I tried it from a different computer and was able to log in and then vote for the video. Hooray - now I can vote every day! (assuming I remember and have the energy to log on)

So, there may be other people out there who are trying to vote but who are having technical problems with the igive.com web site. I'm not computer illiterate by any means but I could not make it work on the other computer so there was some problem that I didn't know about. But it could be that only paranoid sorts like me, who run with lots of protections against viruses and malware, are having problems. :D

Merry

Thank you for your vote, ahimsa. And you went to so much trouble earlier to try to sign up for an iGive account. Oh dear.

Anyone here who has the expertise and the extra energy to help anyone with problems such as ahimsa describes?

shannah

Some time ago I signed up on igive.com but had a lot of technical problems. ... So, after trying for a while, I finally gave up.

So, there may be other people out there who are trying to vote but who are having technical problems with the igive.com web site.

Good point.

Last year when I was trying to help raise funds for WPI through searches, I too was having lots of problems with the igive tool bar. I finally gave up and uninstalled everything. I had a bit of trouble this time at first registering but all seems to have straightened out now although I'm still not using the tool bar again. I'm using a different computer lately too. Maybe, like you say, others have been experiencing problems.

urbantravels

disjecta membra
Though I did see a notice a few years ago that said something like "Fish Rescue. Will take your unwanted fish. No questions asked." "No questions asked"?

Because otherwise people will just kill them, or worse yet, dump them in public waterways. Not just fish, but lots of other pet animals (lizards, snakes, etc) get dumped in places like public parks, ponds, streams, etc. The level of cluelessness and cruelty out there is astounding.

Dolphin

I was checking the last day how PR and other videos move. I think we will easily get to the 8th place which means 250 $.
Here is a small calculation if we want to get on the 3rd place for 500 $.
So the video on the third place got the last day around 80 votes. They have now 1870 votes. Lets say that they will find 20 more votes so it means 100votes a day. We have still around 10 days so on the end they will have around 2870 votes.
PR has now around 460 votes - the last day voted around 140 people - if it stay like this we would have on the and 1860 votes. If we would like to get on the 3rd place we would need 100 votes more - so around 240 a day.
So folks, my question is if we try to accelerate it or do we let it be? but if we want to try we have to do it immediatly because every day it will be more difficult.

also frank had a good suggestion about putting some video for PANDORA and WPI - do we have something?
I looked up 3rd place (I made sure to vote for "our" one just before - fairly sure it didn't go through but wanted to be sure before pressing the "vote" button beside the video.

They have 773 people who like it on Facebook (the figure for the PR one is 76). That's for something that has 1926 votes. That's either very good or very bad. It could be very good in that lots of people (theoretically all 1926 as not everyone is on FB or will want to like something) may think they can only vote once in which case it might be easy to pass them out; alternatively it's bad because if they harness them they could easily get lots of votes.

Incidentally, 2nd place with 426 likes has 2622 votes.
1st place with 505 likes has 2931 votes.

*GG*

Technical problems?

I just had so much trouble staying logged in to vote, seemed like ten times of back and forth, but finally got my vote in!

GG

PS I think it's their website, seems very slow!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just voted again - we're at 8th place with 611 votes, which is 150 more votes than we had this time yesterday. We're clocking up more votes every day - let's overtake some more small animals! :victory::victory::victory:

eric_s

I just had so much trouble staying logged in to vote, seemed like ten times of back and forth, but finally got my vote in!

GG

PS I think it's their website, seems very slow!
I had some problems too, when i loaded the page my hard disk light started to move like crazy and my Internet Explorer almost froze. Must be something about that page. But nevertheless it was possible to vote without too much trouble and that's what counts.

urbantravels

disjecta membra
I've found the iGive video contest page usually loads really, really slowly, even on my cable internet connection. And then it takes a long time to register the vote. What I do is go to the page, multitask in another tab until the page finishes loading, and then vote and wander off again until the vote registers.

Frank

PANDORA is now in the contest too. I've just voted for Phoenix Rising and PANDORA, i think it was in one day (so that's two votes/ day)? PANDORA is only going for the early bird $50, so Marly only wants 10 votes if her video is competitive with phoenix rising.

Merry

Still solidly in 8th place and have moved to within about 70 points of 7th place.

If you haven't voted today, here's a reminder.

9 more days in the contest. Is that right? And this will be a busy week for many in the US with Thanksgiving on Thursday.

L'engle

moogle
I've been voting.... but the one thing I can't figure out is, where do I see the video? It seems anything I click on just gives the option to vote, not to view it. I mean it's just turnips, but still, I'm a bit curious as to why I seem to have trouble finding where to view it.:D

helen41

I've been voting.... but the one thing I can't figure out is, where do I see the video? It seems anything I click on just gives the option to vote, not to view it. I mean it's just turnips, but still, I'm a bit curious as to why I seem to have trouble finding where to view it.:D

In the middle of each picture is an arrow. Just click on that and it should start. How nice of you to vote strictly on loyalty alone!