• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix rising won $300

Merry

maryb; where is everybody?[/QUOTE said:
Maybe they're all engrossed in the dating thread or that one where Cloud talks about getting naked.

There is a time to watch Cloud getting naked and a time to vote for a video of dancing turnips.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Hey we made some real progress yesterday.

What a jump we had - up to 12! our best day by far. We went up a hundred votes! :victory::victory::victory: -

I know we want it all but I like our progress! Lets keep going :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If we keep this up we'll gain over a 1,000 more votes over the next 11 days. We have momentum. They must be looking at the turnips in fear..................(when was the last time anyone looked at a turnip in fear???)

If you look at the next magic number - #8 - that group is about a hundred votes ahead of us and has not been moving hardly at all - If we keep this up we catch up to them pretty quickly! THey are within reach... :D:D:D

Learning Center - learn this - we are on your tail :)

Good job, you guys! Keeping hitting the share button and keep spreading the news.

Go to IGIVE and VOTE!

Merry

If 17 million people worldwide have ME/CFS, shouldn't at least a million of them be voting for the Phoenix Rising video?

But I'll be happy with hundreds of more votes by the end of the contest. We have done great in a few days. Thanks, everybody. Just a little more effort and we can push beyond the Learning Center where it looks like kids are just playing video games.

(Now that is a thought, Cort, combining what Cloud dreams of doing and a stop-action animation of turnips. Hmm, for our next video contest competition. . . . Better start working on that script, Helen.)

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
If 17 million people worldwide have ME/CFS, shouldn't at least a million of them be voting for the Phoenix Rising video?

But I'll be happy with hundreds of more votes by the end of the contest. We have done great in a few days. Thanks, everybody. Just a little more effort and we can push beyond the Learning Center where it looks like kids are just playing video games.

(Now that is a thought, Cort, combining what Cloud dreams of doing and a stop-action animation of turnips. Hmm, for our next video contest competition. . . . Better start working on that script, Helen.)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
the scary thing is that I think Cloud would agree
;);););)

Go to IGIVE and VOTE!

*GG*

If we keep this up we'll gain over a 1,000 more votes over the next 11 days. We have momentum. They must be looking at the turnips in fear..................(when was the last time anyone looked at a turnip in fear???)

Learning Center - learn this - we are on your tail :)

Good job, you guys! Keeping hitting the share button and keep spreading the news.

Go to IGIVE and VOTE!

To funny thanks for the laugh! I voted again today!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
10th place! We're in 10th place with 464 votes! We're finally on the first page of rankings. :victory::victory::victory:

This is great - we were 43rd only about three days ago. We're accelerating! The $$$ are within our reach! And basically just a bunch of dogs in the way!

Tuha

I was checking the last day how PR and other videos move. I think we will easily get to the 8th place which means 250 $.
Here is a small calculation if we want to get on the 3rd place for 500 $.
So the video on the third place got the last day around 80 votes. They have now 1870 votes. Lets say that they will find 20 more votes so it means 100votes a day. We have still around 10 days so on the end they will have around 2870 votes.
PR has now around 460 votes - the last day voted around 140 people - if it stay like this we would have on the and 1860 votes. If we would like to get on the 3rd place we would need 100 votes more - so around 240 a day.
So folks, my question is if we try to accelerate it or do we let it be? but if we want to try we have to do it immediatly because every day it will be more difficult.

also frank had a good suggestion about putting some video for PANDORA and WPI - do we have something?

Merry

I was checking the last day how PR and other videos move. I think we will easily get to the 8th place which means 250 $.
Here is a small calculation if we want to get on the 3rd place for 500 $.
So the video on the third place got the last day around 80 votes. They have now 1870 votes. Lets say that they will find 20 more votes so it means 100votes a day. We have still around 10 days so on the end they will have around 2870 votes.
PR has now around 460 votes - the last day voted around 140 people - if it stay like this we would have on the and 1860 votes. If we would like to get on the 3rd place we would need 100 votes more - so around 240 a day.

Thank God someone on this forum can still do math. Thanks, Tuha. Surely we can get to 8th place. And maybe way beyond. The numbers you've come up with make me wiling to believe so much is possible.

Still at 10th place, though. Please vote!

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Another excellent day! We are #10 - on the First Page :D:D

The people with CFS :In bed::In bed: actually jumped past the Tri-cities Jumping Rope Club
take that you jump-ropers! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We have 472 votes and are two places away from our next magic number - #8 - let's do it today!

Thanks Tuha for the analysis. Yes, it will take some work but we'll see. If we can keep gathering
momentum maybe we can nudge into the top three.

That's from starting on Day 17! Congratulations everybody....​

Dolphin

Thanks for doing the math(s), Tuha.

So folks, my question is if we try to accelerate it or do we let it be? but if we want to try we have to do it immediately because every day it will be more difficult.
I don't know but one should never get too complacent with any one position. We saw with Chase Community Giving how groups can fly up. And we have come from nowhere (on Nov 12/13?).

Merry

Right, Dolphin, no complacency.

PR is still at number 10, just as it was hours ago. But with 2 more votes we could be in 9th place.

Then only 5 more points to get to 8th. Unless the other organizations keep adding votes.

We do have potentially thousands of people we could add to our community to vote. I would think that some of the organizations we are competing against are small and are unlikely ever to have many supporters.

Merry

Oh, wow, past another dog rescue! 8th place now.

I must say I'm surprised at the number of animal rescues in the competition. Though I did see a notice a few years ago that said something like "Fish Rescue. Will take your unwanted fish. No questions asked." "No questions asked"?