• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix rising won $300

frenchtulip

Frank, someone from Belgium on P.A.N.D.O.R.A.'s Facebook page is wanting to know how she can register to vote for P.R. in the IGive Video Contest. I checked the page where you register at IGive, and there is no Belgium listed. Are you able to vote? If so, could you please go to PANDORA's Facebook page and help her? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Awww come on folks get voting we're 19th could be a lot higher if everyone supported it. It really does only take a few seconds.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just voted. Let's overtake those shepherds! Then those horses! Then those labradors! Then those weimaraners, whatever they are! Then the kittens!

It's just a load of pets - we must beat them! We must! We must!:victory:

IntuneJune

It's so easy to........ VOTE

19th place with 161 votes.

With everyone here at PR, we should have more votes!

This is more than personal for me. Besides dealing with this illness for over 30 years, greatly altering my life sytle -- besides making me feel down right YUCKY, we are competing coonhounds!

Coonhounds! Now, don't get me wrong, I LOOOVVVEEE dogs. One of my sons and his wife adopted a coonhound from a rescue organization. And she is adorable, can you use adorable describing a coonhound??

But now here I am, the matriac of the family in a contest up against a new comer to the family of two years , and the NEW COMER is winning?!?!??!?

We should have more votes, yes? Hummm, what is the roadblock in keeping folks from voting?

How can we encourage folks to join in? Should a new thread be started with a title "What is keeping you from voting to help" "What has your hands tied" "Are you kidding me, you have not voted yet." "Time is running out to help ourselves."

Then in that original post, ask folks if there is a reason they have not signed up. Hopefully folks will respond with their issues, and PR or others can address problems or concerns they may have.

Frank

Frank, someone from Belgium on P.A.N.D.O.R.A.'s Facebook page is wanting to know how she can register to vote for P.R. in the IGive Video Contest. I checked the page where you register at IGive, and there is no Belgium listed. Are you able to vote? If so, could you please go to PANDORA's Facebook page and help her? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

ok i'll help her

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Level pegging with the shepherds now...

Frank, do we get extra $$$ each time we go up a rank now that we're higher up? I saw we suddenly jumped $15 yesterday.

Merry

Sasha,

If you are talking about the amount that is appearng right now on the iGive toolbar, which is $117.57, that is the total from searching and shopping. The first time a member shops with a iGive merchant, $5 is added to PR's total, plus whatever percentage of the purchase amount that the merchant has agreed to give. Someone mentioned - I'm sorry I can't remember who - said s/he was planning to do some shopping, soon I think, so maybe the total jumped because of shopping, or maybe many more people are this week using iGive to do searches.

I don't see that any money from the video contest has been added to PR's total yet.

You asked Frank this question, I know, so pardon me if my jumping here seems rude. Often I wonder what the etiquette is for communicating on a forum.

Oh, I need to go vote!

Merry

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi Merry - no, you're not remotely being rude, you're being very helpful! If I know the answer to something I sometimes jump in even if the question is addressed to someone else, in case that person is offline or doing other stuff for a while. Thank you for answering!

I've noticed tiny increments of a few cents at a time going onto the iGive total so that is probably from people doing searches. The $15 is probably three people doing their first iGive shop and getting PR $5 each, then.

I'm still curious whether we get extra cash as we go up each place - I had a look at the rules and couldn't see how it worked.

Oh! We've just overtaken those shepherds (what were they doing in there? It'll be troubadours and jesters next). Labradors next! We're in 18th place with 168 votes. :victory::victory::victory:

helen41

Hi Merry - no, you're not remotely being rude, you're being very helpful! If I know the answer to something I sometimes jump in even if the question is addressed to someone else, in case that person is offline or doing other stuff for a while. Thank you for answering!

I've noticed tiny increments of a few cents at a time going onto the iGive total so that is probably from people doing searches. The $15 is probably three people doing their first iGive shop and getting PR $5 each, then.

I'm still curious whether we get extra cash as we go up each place - I had a look at the rules and couldn't see how it worked.

Oh! We've just overtaken those shepherds (what were they doing in there? It'll be troubadours and jesters next). Labradors next! We're in 18th place with 168 votes. :victory::victory::victory:

I bought my daughters xbox for Christmas through Igive a couple of days ago, and with the $5.00 first purchase and the percentage, it now comes up that I contributed $10.00. It was really simple, I bought it at the same price, and now they'll phone me when it's in (I chose no delivery). Frank this was a really good find!
Usually in these contests it onlt gets tallied in the end. This one has $1000 first, 2 at $500, 5 at $250 and 10 at $150. One more spot and we get an additional $150.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
This one has $1000 first, 2 at $500, 5 at $250 and 10 at $150. One more spot and we get an additional $150.

Hey, that's good - it's better than I thought. So that must mean that 1st place gets $1,000, 2nd/3rd gets $500, 4th to 8th gets $250 and 9th to 18th gets $150.

We're in 18th place now so we've bagged at least $150 on top of the $50 for being an early-bird entry. :victory::victory::victory:

There are some dobermans in 8th place. Let's chase those dobermans (dobermen)? :D

dancer

I'm making it a new habit to click through and vote each morning when I visit this forum. Hope we can get it snowballing and get some support for this site. I mostly lurk - but value this site for the animated discussion and up-to-date info.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
No harm in lurking, dancer! I notice on the main forums page that there are often about 10 times as many people looking at the site as are logged in. I hope that some of them may help out and vote.

We have to remember that the site costs money to run and that this is a way to help it, completely for free! I've visited here just about every day since last November and have had huge benefit from it. I'm very grateful to Cort for all the effort he puts in. I think we should help him all we can.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
We've been stable at 18 for the past day - that puts us -just barely in the $150 - we're about 10 votes ahead of #19.

We would need to move up 10 places to win $250 - it would take about 300 votes to get there. I've been told we probably need about 100 votes a day to do that. It certainly seems doable.;)

Be sure to click the Share Facebook button when you vote to spread the word. You can also click on the Share button on front page article to spread the word

http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/content.php?265-Make-the-Turnips-Dance-Raise-Money-for-Phoenix-Rising!

Phoenix Rising is working on a number of projects: theres the Patient Data Repository and the Treatment Reveiw and Physician Review programs - each of these could make a real difference. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks everyone for voting :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
We're past the horses! We're in 17th place now - labradors next. :victory::victory::victory:

Frank

If someone could submit video's for WPI and PANDORA, if they only get 10 votes, they still win the $50.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just voted again for today - we're closing on those labradors, only 9 votes ahead!

There are only 253 votes between us and the dobermans/dobermen in 8th place, where we get into the bigger bucks. There are 424 users online with Phoenix Rising now! A single vote each would catapult us forward! It's quick and easy, just do it now! :victory::victory::victory: