• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Xmas shopping while donating to ME research charities

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I just noticed that Min has added a link to ME Research UK's Xmas cards page, which is a really good idea. Now that we're about to get into the Xmas shopping season, let's share links to places we can donate to biomedical ME/CFS research charities for free while we're doing our shopping.

As well as MERUK's Xmas cards, if you shop on Amazon UK via the Amazon affiliates link on the MERUK home page, they get a 5-9% cut.

Does anyone know any more? I wonder if WPI have considered being an Amazon US affiliate.

I'm coping Min's idea and putting the Amazon thing in my signature. Sincerest form of flattery, Min! ;)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Phoenix Rising could sure use some help in that area. We have several Amazon stores. With PR every little bit really does help. http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/content.php?168

That's interesting that you've got an Amazon UK link on there too! I couldn't fathom how to use it to buy things other than books, though, and wasn't sure if I ordered a book that wasn't one of the ones it offered me (without a search, just waiting on that page) you'd get a cut.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Cort, when I follow the MERUK Amazon link it takes me to the Amazon home page and I shop as normal. I wondered if it's possible for you to have your Phoenix Rising link do that rather than having those individual shops. It seems a lot simpler (so might be more popular and you might get more money!).

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Cort, when I follow the MERUK Amazon link it takes me to the Amazon home page and I shop as normal. I wondered if it's possible for you to have your Phoenix Rising link do that rather than having those individual shops. It seems a lot simpler (so might be more popular and you might get more money!).

I realize its not very efficient. I put an inquiry into Amazon on how to build a MERUK like site with just one store. I don't see an option like that in the Amazon stores section. I actually asked about that earlier (when I didn't know such a thing was possible) and they said it wasn't - hence all those separate stores..... Thanks for the interest - I'll let you know.

camas

Aw, geez. How did I completely miss the PR Amazon store? I've bookmarked it for my future Kindle purchases.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I realize its not very efficient. I put an inquiry into Amazon on how to build a MERUK like site with just one store. I don't see an option like that in the Amazon stores section. I actually asked about that earlier (when I didn't know such a thing was possible) and they said it wasn't - hence all those separate stores..... Thanks for the interest - I'll let you know.

I just had a look on Amazon and couldn't find a reference to anything that looks like what MERUK have done either. Perhaps you could put a query to Amazon including a link to MERUK's site showing MERUK's link to Amazon and ask how to get the same thing.