• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Peggy Munson blog: A call for radical activism ACT-UP style

caledonia

The letter looks pretty good. I think you will find it will be similar to the content of the MCWPA ads.

How about something like this? The sci fi tv series Jericho from a few years back got cancelled. One of the main characters had a line with the word "nuts" in it. So in protest, a bunch of the viewers got organized, set up their own website, and sent peanuts to the network. There were peanuts everywhere - 40,000 lbs! The network responded by resurrecting the show (at least for awhile) and then they gave it a satisfying ending instead of just cutting it off like they were originally going to do.

Google "Jericho" and "nuts" and you'll get some interesting news stories.

At any rate, I like the idea of the red paper, but better yet, some 3-dimensional object that would symbolize us. Instead of red paper, how about bottles of Halloween fake blood?

A lot of the "nuts" people got a nut distributor to ship the nuts to the network for them. Some setup like that would make it really easy - just a phone call and a credit card.

aruschima

I know nothing
nuts , what a idea !

really a nutty idea. I think for us bottles with fake blood would be great, but i think they will not go through security of such organisations like CNN, BBC and so forth.

I would like to get it straight to the news agencies. If they get simultaneously posts all over the world, like BBC UK, BBC Germany, BBC USA ,or Aljezeera,CNN with a mild scare (not real blood, but look alike plotted paper) in it, they will bring in the news.

Important is to design a good text which goes with it, with clear facts, but also patient accounts of their lives, losses and demands, that would be great . One united message in all major languages.

We have to get the media involved, this is the only way to get world wide attention and putting enough pressure on. It is also about informing the public about our situation.

This will hopefully trigger an avalanche in media reports.

I do not think my letter is good enough . Maybe mentioning more details about discovery of XMRV , WPI, FDA/LO/Alter paper ?

by the way, i think this should be discussed in a private thread.

I like the idea of sending something out by ORDER

What about blood red roses ! with messages !

really a nutty idea. I think for us bottles with fake blood would be great, but i think they will not go through security of such organisations like CNN, BBC and so forth.

I would like to get it straight to the news agencies. If they get simultaneously posts all over the world, like BBC UK, BBC Germany, BBC USA ,or Aljezeera,CNN with a mild scare (not real blood, but look alike plotted paper) in it, they will bring in the news.

Important is to design a good text which goes with it, with clear facts, but also patient accounts of their lives, losses and demands, that would be great . One united message in all major languages.

We have to get the media involved, this is the only way to get world wide attention and putting enough pressure on. It is also about informing the public about our situation.

This will hopefully trigger an avalanche in media reports.

I do not think my letter is good enough . Maybe mentioning more details about discovery of XMRV , WPI, FDA/LO/Alter paper ?

by the way, i think this should be discussed in a private thread.

I like the idea of sending something out by ORDER

What about blood red roses ! with messages !

I love the "nuts" campaign -- although nuts have the wrong associations for pwc :rolleyes:

Aruschima, I do think it's a very good draft of your letter, and I would be happy to help with further writing and editing. I have a lot of writing experience of various kinds. I'm sending you a pm.

Kim