• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is there a quick way to heal leaky gut / dysbiosis ?

leaves

Just bumping this to say that I have heard about this hypoallergenic protein shake called revitalx, especially designed for healing leaky gut (it has protein, glutamine, mct and all the other stuff that helps in it) and it is not too expensive, I am going to try it soon!

sensing progress

Just bumping this to say that I have heard about this hypoallergenic protein shake called revitalx, especially designed for healing leaky gut (it has protein, glutamine, mct and all the other stuff that helps in it) and it is not too expensive, I am going to try it soon!

Sounds good! Where do you get it from? Please keep us up to date on your trial with it also!

Fasting for any length of time is dangerous for pwME; because of our abnormal metabolism we very rapidly go into ketoacidosis, which can overwhelm our already poor kidney function, push injured muscles into rhabdomyelosis, and even wind up aggravating cardiac problems. It's basically a catabolic state which is the last thing we need! That's not even considering such "luxuries" such as cognitive function.

Of course acute fasting is sometimes unavoidable, such as bowel infections or surgery, which are difficult enough.

Better to try a sensible elimination diet, maybe try replacing some foods with juices etc, look into supplements that help with leaky gut & dysbiosis, but we need to eat to sustain base level functioning, there's no "reserve" because we're overworked or virtually overworked at rest (high "Resting Energy Expenditure").