• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

starting cycloferron

Rita

Without having to read through the thread again can anyone tell me if cyclo would be good for an up-regulated immune system or the opposite, given the negative effect immunovir had on me I am wary of trying another immune system supplement.

There are here very expert patients, and Im not one , but I think inosine can elevate the uric acid, and just now I have kidney problems and acid uric crystals in my urine , so this will be not good for me also.

Hip

There are here very expert patients, and Im not one , but I think inosine can elevate the uric acid, and just now I have kidney problems and acid uric crystals in my urine , so this will be not good for me also.

Yes, that is right: inosine does raise uric acid, and if you have gout or other problems with uric acid already, you should probably avoid inosine.

These supplements also raise uric acid:

inositol
inositol hexaphosphate (aka: IP6, or phytic acid)
chlorella

Juniper might be useful for you: it helps to prevent the crystallization of uric acid in the kidneys.

undcvr

Hip do you know which way Inositol/Inosine raises blood pH that causes the stones to form ? Maybe I can take sometime to shift the pH in the other direction while on it. I am thinking of going on them too. I am guessing they make the blood more acidic.

Anything that is high in DNA/RNA fragments (purines) will raise uric levels. If you eat more dairy products it will reduce your uric levels. So you can use those food groups to balance out your diet.

Thanks for the tip about Juniper, didnt know that. They sell supplements for that ? I am only aware of its essential oil.

undcvr

Home-made Experimental 'Cycloferon'

I have run out of the cycloferon in pills and the vials have yet to arrive. I am going to experiment with making some of the cycloferon at home. The Russian articles all refer to it as a synthetic alkaloid of Citrus Grandis. That is the Pomelo. It is a very old fruit and is related to the grapefruit and orange. It is very common in Chinese/Asian culture. There has been some research on the web by Chinese researchers that were able to isolate acridone acetate from the fruit. Apparently the compound is found in the peel of the fruit. These articles are all in Chinese though. The catch here is that because I have a back ground in tcm ( traditional chinese medicine ) I do know that the peel of the orange fruit is sometimes prescribed for various sicknesses. I cannot remember what the reasoning is but I know that to this day, it is still sold as a snack or in herbal shops and it is often recommended to be taken when sick and fighting a sickness. I am guessing that the compound is present in the rinds of some of the citrus family fruit ?
Anyway i am going shopping for the Pomelo tomorrow and am going to make a broth out of boiling the peel. According to that research article, it is not hard to extract it into water, I just need to find a way to guess intelligently at how much I am getting out of it.

Rita

Yes, that is right: inosine does raise uric acid, and if you have gout or other problems with uric acid already, you should probably avoid inosine.

These supplements also raise uric acid:

inositol
inositol hexaphosphate (aka: IP6, or phytic acid)
chlorella

Juniper might be useful for you: it helps to prevent the crystallization of uric acid in the kidneys.

Thanks...I dont know the supplement that raised my uric acid.I was taken aloe vera juice, and sea weed afa,perhaps this one is similar to the chlorella.Also Q-10.

Its very interesting the juniper...Ill look for it...

Rita

I have run out of the cycloferon in pills and the vials have yet to arrive. I am going to experiment with making some of the cycloferon at home. The Russian articles all refer to it as a synthetic alkaloid of Citrus Grandis. That is the Pomelo. It is a very old fruit and is related to the grapefruit and orange. It is very common in Chinese/Asian culture. There has been some research on the web by Chinese researchers that were able to isolate acridone acetate from the fruit. Apparently the compound is found in the peel of the fruit. These articles are all in Chinese though. The catch here is that because I have a back ground in tcm ( traditional chinese medicine ) I do know that the peel of the orange fruit is sometimes prescribed for various sicknesses. I cannot remember what the reasoning is but I know that to this day, it is still sold as a snack or in herbal shops and it is often recommended to be taken when sick and fighting a sickness. I am guessing that the compound is present in the rinds of some of the citrus family fruit ?
Anyway i am going shopping for the Pomelo tomorrow and am going to make a broth out of boiling the peel. According to that research article, it is not hard to extract it into water, I just need to find a way to guess intelligently at how much I am getting out of it.

Be carefull, is best to make it from ecological ones, in the peel of fruits there are many pesticides and other products, like waxes in citrus.
Grapefruit is not the same fruit that pomelo...?
Can be dangerous to eat little pieces of ecological pomelo peel?
We know that the grapefruit seeds extract(oil) has a very good ttributes for health.

undcvr

No the Pomelo has a green peel and it is about two times bigger than a grapefruit. It is supposed to the ancestor of the grapefruit.

Hip

I am afraid you won't find cycloferon in Citrus grandis.

Cycloferon is a synthetic analogue of a natural alkaloid from Citrus grandis (ref: 1).

In other words, cycloferon is similar to (and no doubt inspired by) a natural alkaloid chemical found in Citrus grandis, but is not the same as that natural chemical. The cycloferon molecule has been tweaked and altered from the natural form, to make it a much more potent immunomodulator. Many drugs are developed in this way.

The main Citrus grandis peel extract appears to be naringin, a flavonoid.

undcvr

http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...0261e6075c298ad5bd94abde168d5aec&searchtype=a

http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...700750319828379612c31b5adeb335bf&searchtype=a

The above are links to abstracts that quote that they have isolated 2 acridone alkaloids. It's a science direct article. Maybe a friend of mine has access to it, but the question of why it is an analogue is not easy to answer. Sometimes it is just easier/cheaper to make the analogue that it is to make the actual chemical itself.
Sometimes the analogue is synthetic because the raw material is not easily found in Russia, this I can believe because the Pomelo is native to SE Asia. Sometimes they want to patent the compound, so they synthesize it. Maybe the yield is higher on this analogue than it is on another derivative that exerts the same effects. All questions I know that PWC dont have time to ask because we need the answers now, I know how it feels.

If I can get into the abstract I can find out more. Will update here if I do. Btw the actual name of the synthetic analogue is acridone acetate, this is just the acridone molecule bonded to an acetic acid (vinegar) molecule through a condensation process with water coming out isnt it ?

This is the synthesis chart: http://www.orgsyn.org/orgsyn/orgsyn/prepContent.asp?prep=cv2p0015

If it really is just Acridone acetate, it isnt that uncommon and the process not so hard as we are made to believe.

Hip

My chemistry is pretty bad, so I find this hard going. However, as far as I understand, it seems that neovir is acridone acetic acid (a chemical that has CAS number: 38609-97-1), whereas cycloferon is the N-methylglucamine salt of acridone acetic acid.

Cycloferon goes by the chemical name: 10-carboxymethyl-9-acridanone (amongst many other chemical name synonyms), and if I have read it right, cycloferon's CAS number is 58880-43-6 (see here).

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Maryb, i think cyclo has a balancing effect on the immune system as it is also used for autoimmune problems, but u would have to research that abit further, but i just remember reading something like that. It is hard to find info in english on cyclo. Would be good if someone who can read and write russian/ukrainian etc could rehash some research for us.

cheers!!

Without having to read through the thread again can anyone tell me if cyclo would be good for an up-regulated immune system or the opposite, given the negative effect immunovir had on me I am wary of trying another immune system supplement.

undcvr

My chemistry is pretty bad, so I find this hard going. However, as far as I understand, it seems that neovir is acridone acetic acid (a chemical that has CAS number: 38609-97-1), whereas cycloferon is the N-methylglucamine salt of acridone acetic acid.

Cycloferon goes by the chemical name: 10-carboxymethyl-9-acridanone (amongst many other chemical name synonyms), and if I have read it right, cycloferon's CAS number is 58880-43-6 (see here).

Ok so I know that this is going to sound geeky but I think Neovir and Cycloferon are the same chemical compound. The backbone compound is 9 acridone CAS: 578-94-0. At the N (Nitrogen position) they then attach a methy group and a carboxyl group. to get the 10-carboxymethyl-9-acridanone CAS number is 58880-43-6.
Because if you look at the chemical structure of CAS number: 38609-97-1 and CAS 58880-43-6 the only difference is the Sodium atom.

That's the only thing that makes sense because I cannot find an English meaning of the term 'glucamine'. I think Neovir and Cycloferon are the same compounds depending on what the salt is. Anyway the reason I asked this was because I am looking up chinese chemical companies that make these compounds. Alot of them make arbidol cheaply.

Hip

Ok so I know that this is going to sound geeky but I think Neovir and Cycloferon are the same chemical compound. The backbone compound is 9 acridone CAS: 578-94-0. At the N (Nitrogen position) they then attach a methy group and a carboxyl group. to get the 10-carboxymethyl-9-acridanone CAS number is 58880-43-6.
Because if you look at the chemical structure of CAS number: 38609-97-1 and CAS 58880-43-6 the only difference is the Sodium atom.

That's the only thing that makes sense because I cannot find an English meaning of the term 'glucamine'. I think Neovir and Cycloferon are the same compounds depending on what the salt is. Anyway the reason I asked this was because I am looking up chinese chemical companies that make these compounds. Alot of them make arbidol cheaply.

It is very confusing.

From the document "Synthetic and Natural Immunomodulators Acting as Interferon Inducers", the entries for NEOVIR and CYCLOFERON are:

Neovir. Manufacturer: Pharmavit, Russia, Pharmsynthez, Russia
Neovir (for veterinary use Camedon. Manufacturer: MEDITER, Russia) sodium 10-methylencarboxylate-9- acridone induses high titres of endogenous interferon, particularly alpha-interferon with peak interferonogenic activity at few hours after intramuscular injection prolonging up to 16-20 hours. Antiviral activity of Neovir was demonstrated on patients with chronic viral hepatitis B and C, and individual therapy programs for such patients were developed. Very powerful interferonogenic activity of Neovir allowed to use it successfully on the spectrum of bacterial diseases...

Cycloferon. Manufacturer: Polysan, Russia
Cycloferon is a synthetic analogue of Cytrus Grandis alkaloid, stimulates B-cells, macrophages and other cells and tissues to produce almost pure type 1 interferons. It was reported to have up to 100-fold upregulation of beta-interferon gene and 10-fold upregulation of alpha-interferon genes...

Neovir is also known as cridanimod, and also as kamedon.

This page lists: camedon, kamedon, neovir, cycloferon, cridanimod sodium, 38609-97-1 all as synonyms.

I have seen neovir wholesale from China, but from what I saw, a 100 Kg drum was the minimum order.

orion

Im trying to buy Cycloferon and Amixin in Drugspro, but they demand the name and telephone of the bank.Its the first time someone demand me this data and I buy a lot in internet, I fear to make transactions with this countries.I hope this a sure page.Do you have problems when buying in this page with your account or money?
Im going to look for the telephone bank....

For what it's worth my first order of cycloferon arrived fairly quickly from drugspro despite the Christmas post and the bad weather we've been having recently (I live in the UK). So I've just placed a second order.

To minimise risk when buying over the internet I suggest you do the following:

* Make a very small order first just to check the company out.

* Create a special bank account just for internet transactions. Transfer just enough money into the account to cover the transaction and then pay by debit card. This will prevent the company from taking more money out than they said they would. This is very easy to do if you have online banking facilities.

* Never give your phone number. If the website insists on a number then just enter a load of zeroes.

* Create a throwaway email address in case the company decides to spam you.

Hip

hey guys,

I think I may have found a supplier for IMMUNOXEL:

Go to this page: http://www.ksimen.com/product/5165/

I would use google translate if your russian isn't too fluent! :

http://translate.google.com/transla...u&tl=en&u=http://www.ksimen.com/product/5165/

Hope this may help!

Thanks for the link. A good find, but it may be that a lot of these Russian pharmacies do not supply goods internationally. I tried to contact several online pharmacies in Russia to ask if they would mail internationally (I sent an email in English and Russian (badly translated via Google), but never got any replies.