• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$ For Pandora & WPI - Amx

shannah

from Pandora's September newlsetter at:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...-2010.html?soid=1098473133029&aid=nW0o7oVJBPQ

American Express is currently offering $1 million split among five charities every three months, with the next voting period starting on Jan. 1, 2011. To be eligible, a non-profit organization must be nominated by many people and be approved by the TakePart Advisory Board. Go here to see their press release.

http://about.americanexpress.com/news/pr/2010/mp10.aspx

We want
"P.A.N.D.O.R.A. - Patient Alliance for NeuroEndocrineImmune Disorders Organization for Research and Advocacy, Inc." (Florida)
and the
"Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease" (Nevada)
to be included in the next round. Please go here

http://www.takepart.com/membersproject/vote/nominate

and nominate these two non-profit organizations using the complete name as you see above. The nomination process for each organization must be done separately.

This is an opportunity for you to nominate your favorite patient organization, also.

Remember, if P.A.N.D.O.R.A. wins some money, it will be used primarily for establishing the NEI Center™ to advance research and improve patient quality of life.

We can't pass up a chance at $200,000.

From American Express Website:
Vote for a Favorite Cause to Receive Funding
After registering for Members Project at TakePart.com/MembersProject, participants can vote once a week for a charity they think deserves financial support. Every three months, five charities will be chosen to each receive $200,000 in funding from American Express. There are dozens of worthy causes and the list of charities changes each voting cycle. Charities are chosen to cover cause-related interests across a diverse group of categories which include Arts & Culture, Community Development, Environment & Wildlife, Education and Health & Wellness.

http://about.americanexpress.com/news/pr/2010/mp10.aspx

citybug

I registered and will go and nominate. It said everyone can participate. Don't need amex card. Can do through website or use your facebook account (like a cause). They don't have tons of charities. I was able to vote for current options after registering.

shannah

Are you sure it's not Whittemore Peterson Institute....

I wondered about that myself but I copied and pasted exactly what was in the newsletter. Also wondered about the spelling of neuroendocrineimmune as the 'o' seems to be missing. It probably needs checked it. I'll try emailing them.

shannah

Spelling errors could make a difference here

Yes Frank - seems to me that it did with the last campaign through Chase. Wasn't it you who performed that blitz for Pandora last time? Up to doing it again?? I've emailed Pandora twice but haven't heard back yet.

Have you taken a look at the Amx site? Looks to me like there are fewer charities each 3 month period. With a selection of 5 getting $200,000.00 each this is a BIG one.

Frank

Shannah i will try to contact Marly, but she's a busy woman and so am I. Oh no, wait, i'm a man, right, brain? where are you brainy? :tear:

Frank

Shannah Marly will send out a new mail correcting this and maybe we will do extra campaigning. It is however important that we all use the full and exact official name of each organisation.

shannah

Shannah Marly will send out a new mail correcting this and maybe we will do extra campaigning. It is however important that we all use the full and exact official name of each organisation.

Your a doll Frank! Thanks.

For ease, I'll amend the first post when I get the corrected info.

*GG*

So are you saying there was a typo with the intial announcement? That's what I went off of. I will try again, if I can, when the "proper" info is posted here.

citybug

They posted a correction.
from facebook P.A.N.D.O.R.A., Inc. - Please note that on the newsletter below, two typos were found on the paragraph about American Express Takepart.com project. The correct name of the WPI is Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease. and our name is P.A.N.D.O.R.A. - Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrineimmune Disorders Organization for Research and Advocacy Inc.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...-2010.html?soid=1098473133029&aid=nW0o7oVJBPQ

shannah

OK - Unless I've missed something, the first post should reflect the corrected information.