• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: Exercising Discipline (Ampligen Chronicles)

So much great stuff in this blog Kelvin and so great to hear of your continuiing success. Your discipline is admirable as well. Its not easy to be disciplined with regard to body, soul and spirit but when you don't have alot of energy what a waste it is to let it consumed in the wrong activities. I don't how good you sound in that church :) but I'm glad you're in there singing away.....Sing on!

Thanks for the update Kelvin! I can't believe you're going to the gym every day now. Regardless of how much you're doing, the mere going every day is just so difficult to envision. the 1:1 ratio of exercise/rest sounds like a great idea, hopefully you continue to grade that ratio up until one day you don't feel the the need to rest. I believe it'll happen based on your trajectory in just 6 months.

Singing, dilating blood vessels, and staying on your feet for 45 minutes. I'm still rubbing my eyes.

I laughed out loud at the first 5 paragraphs, Kelvin. I thought you were going to write a comedy piece.

I gave you 10 out of 10.

But then you got to the serious stuff - Body, Soul & Spirit (or as I often say Down Under in Australia - Mind, Body & Spirit).

You scored 11 out of 10 for the rest of your Blog. I can see you understand the Whole Healing Process. These 3 - Body, Soul & Spirit are interlinked & Healing just won't happen unless you address all 3.

Another brilliant piece of writing.

Thankyou very much for your humour & writing skill. It does wonders for MY Mind, Body & Spirit. :Retro smile:

I want the cfs where u lose weight. I think its funny how u went from a muscular 190lb to a skinny 161lb post cfs. Me, i went from a muscular 230lb to my heaviest fat 297lb weakling, its not a good look, lol. but i have managed to claw my weight down and i find weightlifting to be the best exercise, like what was said walking can leave u destroyed, i manage to train using repititions of 1-3 with long rest periods, i may only train for 15 mins 1-2 times a week but it helps. some weeks i do nothing as ive got to the stage where i know if i do something i will pay for it even if i had done the same thing last week, one thing that cfs gives u is the ability to read your body. in the early stages of cfs, before i even knew i had it , i would push myself through some big workouts huffing and puffing, shaking and sweating more then normal, feel like throwing up, then bang back in bed for a week, then silly me would do it all again.

hind sight would be a great thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers!!!!:victory:

I want the cfs where u lose weight. I think its funny how u went from a muscular 190lb to a skinny 161lb post cfs. Me, i went from a muscular 230lb to my heaviest fat 297lb weakling, its not a good look, lol. but i have managed to claw my weight down and i find weightlifting to be the best exercise, like what was said walking can leave u destroyed, i manage to train using repititions of 1-3 with long rest periods, i may only train for 15 mins 1-2 times a week but it helps. some weeks i do nothing as ive got to the stage where i know if i do something i will pay for it even if i had done the same thing last week, one thing that cfs gives u is the ability to read your body. in the early stages of cfs, before i even knew i had it , i would push myself through some big workouts huffing and puffing, shaking and sweating more then normal, feel like throwing up, then bang back in bed for a week, then silly me would do it all again.

hind sight would be a great thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers!!!!:victory:

Isn't that something - I can walk 15 minutes a day or so just fine but weightlighting just wipes me out.

It took me a long time to give up on my workouts as well...Its just hard to believe its happening - particularly when you seem to get through them at least OK.

What an inspirational piece. It continues to amaze me how intuitive our CFS mind, body and souls are. We often become so frustrated because docs don't listen to us but we do a poor job listening to our spirit as well.

I listen to music every morning on the way to work and sing out loud in my car to prepare for the intellectually stressful day of work. I've never been able to keep up any exercise regimen because of the crashes afterward but I would tell my husband, "the cool down is my favorite part of the whole thing" that's the low and slow stretching part. And my soul is left aching and empty if I don't take time out daily to just say, Thank You, Thank You to God for giving me the hope, strength and courage to face this disease every day.

It's also fascinating and fitting that our individual healing is determined ultimately by how well we are able to listen our minds body and soul or collectively our "Spirit". Love the piece, Kelvin sooooooooo awesome and inspiring. Thanks!