• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

new on empowher: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: 10 Ways Alternative Medicine Has Helped Me

Jody

I wrote a new article for empowher.com called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: 10 Ways Alternative Medicine Has Helped Me.

Am a bit wistful, as I watch the CFS/XMRV articles flying around since yesterday. But by the time the news hit, my article for today was already committed and there wasn't time to change things.

I'll be doing another CFS article in a couple of weeks, that should give me some time to get caught up to speed a bit with this new stuff. Hopefully there will be more to know in that time as well.

liverock

Jody
I think your wise to wait for the dust to settle on all the info on these new mouse viruses before writing about them.

Nobody seems to be able to answer the question as to whether they are opportunistic or causative or even if there is a lot more still to be discovered. The most encouraging news this week is that Dr Dickoff-Jones and her daughter seem to be improving on their anti-retrovirals. I just hope it continues for them, they are really the pioneers and we can only watch, wait and hope.

Nice article on Empowher, I take a lot of the stuff you do, unfortunately no accupuncturist in the town where I live.:tear:

I particularly like the one about cleaning out the sinuses with the turkey baster, must try that and remember not to suck with it at anytime whilst cleaning the sinuses. Although it would add an interesting flavor to the Sunday lunch gravy. :Retro tongue::D

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I particularly like the one about cleaning out the sinuses with the turkey baster, must try that and remember not to suck with it at anytime whilst cleaning the sinuses. Although it would add an interesting flavor to the Sunday lunch gravy. :Retro tongue::D

:D:Retro tongue::Retro tongue::Retro tongue::D:Retro tongue::Retro tongue::Retro tongue::D:D:D thanks for the comic relief

Me too liverock... waiting for the dust to settle is my specialty. I have had a lot of practice. :cool:

Dreambirdie

work in progress
HI JODY!

Just another gorgeous day at the beach for me. I highly recommend being in nature as an alternative therapy. Very therapeutic.

Attachments

• DSC_0617..jpg
    DSC_0617..jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0623..jpg
    DSC_0623..jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 24

Otis

Señor Mumbler
HI JODY!

Just another gorgeous day at the beach for me. I highly recommend being in nature as an alternative therapy. Very therapeutic.

Thanks DB!

That brings back some great memories. Up at Sea Cliff on the beach, watching the whales go by. Saw at least 20. A friend and I had played hookie from work and we both needed to chill. Perfect therapy.

Jody

Jody
I think your wise to wait for the dust to settle on all the info on these new mouse viruses before writing about them.

Nobody seems to be able to answer the question as to whether they are opportunistic or causative or even if there is a lot more still to be discovered. The most encouraging news this week is that Dr Dickoff-Jones and her daughter seem to be improving on their anti-retrovirals. I just hope it continues for them, they are really the pioneers and we can only watch, wait and hope.

Nice article on Empowher, I take a lot of the stuff you do, unfortunately no accupuncturist in the town where I live.:tear:

I was thinking I'd do better giving it some time so I can get a handle on whatever is new on the XMRV scene. It's great that the research has been published. It's fantastic to see something being done on our behalf and to see some of the medical community and the press involved. But it's just the beginning of this new thing, I think.

As to gravy and turkey basters ... hope I haven't put you off your lunch. :Retro tongue:

Jody

:D:Retro tongue::Retro tongue::Retro tongue::D:Retro tongue::Retro tongue::Retro tongue::D:D:D thanks for the comic relief

Me too liverock... waiting for the dust to settle is my specialty. I have had a lot of practice. :cool:

Best count me on this waiting for the dust to settle thing too. :Retro smile:

Jody

Thanks DB!

That brings back some great memories. Up at Sea Cliff on the beach, watching the whales go by. Saw at least 20. A friend and I had played hookie from work and we both needed to chill. Perfect therapy.

Otis,

That must have been wonderful.

Dreambirdie,

I would love to live there, or anywhere near water like that. Beautiful pics.