• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Let's Celebrate WPI's New Home at the University of Nevada!

Otis

Señor Mumbler
I've donated. Before I send a congratulatory note, has Andrea Whittemore been cured?

B-E G,

I just listened today to interview Annette and Andrea did on Nevada Newsmakers today (haven't seen a thread?) and Andrea said something along the lines of being greatly improved (don't quote me on that I was doing other things while listening) so I definitly wouldn't say she's cured. She sounded great and really sharp though. I hope she doen't crash after the big week there.

eric_s

Wow. That sounds very interesting. There is a thread here http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?6932-News-Interview-*today*-Andrea-amp-Annette
Who knows, maybe Andrea has profited from knowledge that's not available to many people outside of the WPI yet? But please don't take this as more than speculation.
If we could only go to all those places, the WPI, the NIH and FDA etc. and read all their stuff we would know everything. I hope that information blockade does not go on for much longer.

leelaplay

I've heard that today was the dedication ceremony and that tomorrow will be the symposium. Does anybody have any news about today's ceremony? That would be interesting.

Hi eric_s. Here's a link to one of the news stories on Senator Reid being part + you can find others here. There's also the thread on the interview with Annette and Andrea (that I couldn't listen to). I wonder if they said anything more.

And then the Grand Opening of the Molecular Medicine Center + tour etc is on Saturday the 21st. They didn't think they could get a podcast of it, but are going to put a video on youtube + are going to try to add a video tour of the facilities.

urbantravels

disjecta membra
I'd really like to see some pictures of the building, architecture geek that I am. All I've ever seen is the same computer rendering, no photos of the completed building.

leelaplay

I'd really like to see some pictures of the building, architecture geek that I am. All I've ever seen is the same computer rendering, no photos of the completed building.

KOLO news has a fair number of interior shots and some of the exterior, although the 1st exterior shot looks to be a drawing.

urbantravels

disjecta membra
116,000 square feet. Wowser.

that first shot is the rendering, again. Why no shots of the whole exterior? It's probably still junked up with construction equipment or parking lot not finished or something. Wouldn't be the first time in the history of building openings.

Interior looks nice.

creekfeet

Sockfeet
I sent a short note to be included in the book. I'm not up to a lot of writing lately (and even less reading so forgive my not getting current with the posts on this or any other thread) but I did manage to express briefly my thrill over the upcoming opening and gratitude to all who made it possible. Thanks for organizing this!

Frickly

Hi creekfeet,

I am so sorry you are not feeling well. I think a short, heart felt note is perfect. :)

Take care,

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I hope everyone from the UK who uses this site has seen this and is donating and sending a message, without the WPI we would still be being ignored here (especially following the Wessley study), we know the WPI is going to really rock the UK boat soon so lets give them the support and the thanks owed.

Sasha

Fine, thank you

There's a fab timelapse big view of the building being built, you'll love it! It's here. Scroll down below the photo and choose one of the three sizes (I recommend the big view!). It's a bit long but v. interesting.

richvank

Hi, urbantravels.

I'm now in Reno, and I drove by the WPI and looked at the building from the outside. I compared it to the rendering from the website, and to my architecturally unpracticed eye, it looks just the same, except for some minor differences in the landscaping. Also, I didn't see the Porsche! Things really are all cleaned up and finished around the new building. It's part of what looks to be a well-integrated design for the entire health center complex. There is another large building currently under construction on the other side of the parking lot. I was told that it will be used for the training of medical students, and the nursing students will then use the building currently used by the medical students.

Best regards,

Rich