• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone know where I can buy DHEA of good quality?

*GG*

I bought 100 capsules (25mg) of DHEA by ProThera from my doctors office and it cost me $17. My chiro recently told me that the supplement guys say to charge 2x as much as it cost them. Well I recently found out that this is true!!:eek:

I have found another way to get CraveArrest which cost me $46 dollars from my doctors office, but someone has kindly agreed to sell it to me for $23 plus shipping and handling. Perhaps they will be able to help me out with the DHEA also, but I just sent the email out, so only time will tell.:Retro redface:

Just putting my feelers out.

Thanks!:D

http://www.prohealthsolutions.com/productdetails21.html

muffin

DHEA: Do your own research on this before you plunge

I was told by my doctor not to play with this. However, I did give it a try and had some funky symptoms that I don't recall now. So, he was right.
Somewhere on this forum is a discussion on DHEA. Be careful, do your research, be on guard and watch for any symptoms that are negative.

Wish I could remember why I was told very strongly by my Internist NOT to take DHEA but I can't remember. So, Google and see what it does, what it affects, what it may stop from functioning, etc.

Wait for others to put their more valuable input on DHEA here. Some supps you have to be careful with and this is one of them - according to my Internist and my own lab rat shot at it.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
high, after a blood test i found i had low dhea levels. So my doc prescribed me 50mg which i got from a compounding chemist. Initial i felt like it was doing something but its hard to tell with the ups and downs of cfs, but after a few months and a further blood test i stopped using it. The blood test showed increased dhea but it also increases my estrodiol levels and did nothing to my testosterone levels which i was hoping for, being a male extra estrogen doesnt help, plus i felt like it didnt really help much in general anway, maybe some mood boosting effects. Dhea supplements probably work differently for females though. Just my experiences.

cheers!!!
and good luck.

*GG*

I was told by my doctor not to play with this. However, I did give it a try and had some funky symptoms that I don't recall now. So, he was right.
Somewhere on this forum is a discussion on DHEA. Be careful, do your research, be on guard and watch for any symptoms that are negative.

Wish I could remember why I was told very strongly by my Internist NOT to take DHEA but I can't remember. So, Google and see what it does, what it affects, what it may stop from functioning, etc.

Wait for others to put their more valuable input on DHEA here. Some supps you have to be careful with and this is one of them - according to my Internist and my own lab rat shot at it.

Thanks, I have been taking this for over 1 year. I am taking it under the guidance of a Dr. I was so brainfogged though when I first went in, that I seemed to forget that he told me that I should not buy this "just" anywhere, since it can vary some. Ooops. So I bought my last bottle from him but was looking to save some money!

He wants me to increase the dose by 25mg every 10days until I hit 100mgs, I think that's what he told me? I can shoot of an email. So I will need to buy a lot of this stuff, if I am to follow through completely!