• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

First International XMRV conference

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
That's interesting - Maureen Hanson seems to be the person to go to for info on RNA and Mitochondria in humans AND PLANTS.

I'll read the article in more depth tomorrow - thanks v much CBS.

Frickly

Thanks Rrrr.

I will donate to Mindy's blog. I am very happy that she will be reporting on this workshop.

Sunshine

Can't wait for this conference. We need some more good news after the Alter/Lo paper to take us up to the end of the year.

xrayspex

does anyone know if anyone can go and how to register and how much? I have lamely searched and for some reason got distracted and sidetracked, it felt too hard right now to figure out......duh

VillageLife

I've just noticed when looking at the conference program that there is a *Panel led Q&A session (webcast)* at 5pm on day 2 of the conference.
Does this mean what I think it means ?? and that this is going to be a live webcast for everyone to see ?

Rrrr

I've just noticed when looking at the conference program that there is a *Panel led Q&A session (webcast)* at 5pm on day 2 of the conference.
Does this mean what I think it means ?? and that this is going to be a live webcast for everyone to see ?

for real? if so, this is GREAT!!!!!! can anyone confirm this?
____

I JUST EMAILED THIS TO THE CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS

Hi Diana,

Can you tell me if the final plenary will indeed be webcast and available to the public? If so, where and how do we access it, and will it be live or available for viewing at a later date, after the conference is over?

Best,
Rrrr

Frickly

Rrrr, It's for real. On the virology education website. see below.

"Session 6: Epidemiology and Screening
Chairs Dr Charles Boucher & Dr Rika Furuta
4.15PM
No evidence for XMRV in CFS and MS patients in Germany despite the
ability of the virus to infect human blood cells in vitro.
N. Bannert
O_18
4.30PM
Search for XMRV in Swedish patients with myalgic encephalitis/chronic
fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and prostate cancer; methods and results.
J. Blomberg
O_19
4.45PM
Multi-laboratory evaluations of XMRV nucleic acid detection assays
G. Simmons
O_20
5.00PM
Panel led Q&A session (webcast)
6.00PM
End of Plenary session"

Rrrr

i'm very excited. do we know what this means? will it be live or available later, etc?

Frickly

I don't know but please let us know if you get a response to your email. I sent an email yesterday asking for a list of media that will be present. I was told that "For privacy reasons I will not be able to give you any information on participants attending the 1st International Workshop on XMRV." So far, the only media I know are attending is Mindy. If anyone has any info on this I hope they will post it.

Frickly

Webcast for Workshop

Thanks Shrewsbury for finding the following info on the webcast.

"webcast link for 1st International Workshop on XMRV: Q&A Wrap-up Session:
You will be able to view the event at
http://videocast.nih.gov/ when the
event is live.

Note: the webcast will start at 5:15, and is booked for 2 hours.
This Web cast Q&A wrap-up session will touch on the
latest developments in the field in order to evaluate the state of our
knowledge, address controversies, and develop an understanding between
experts that will help direct future research. Runtime:
120 minutesSee More
http://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?live=9582

Presentations will be placed on our website only after explicit consent
of the speakers within 2-3 weeks after the workshop.

As to the webcast, it will be broadcast live, and then after a few
days it will be posted again on the website. So it... may not be available
for 2-3 days."

Berthe

1st International Workshop on XMRV: Q&A Wrap-up Session
View event: You will be able to view the event at http://videocast.nih.gov when the event is live.

Air date: Wednesday, September 08, 2010, 5:15:00 PM. 21u15 Brussels/Amsterdam
Time displayed is Eastern Time, Washington DC Local
iCalendar: Add an upcoming event to your calendar.
Description: This scientific conference has assembled an international group of scientists, physicians and epidemiologists to present and discuss, in a public forum, the latest XMRV studies on a range of topics including virus-host interactions, cell type tropism, mode of transmission, animal models, and diagnostic assay development.

This Web cast Q&A wrap-up session will touch on the latest developments in the field in order to evaluate the state of our knowledge, address controversies, and develop an understanding between experts that will help direct future research.

This workshop is co-sponsored by the NIH and will be organized by Virology Education.

For more information, visit
http://www.virology-education.com/index.cfm/t/Program/vid/1FFCB7B8-FB88-C1D2-92C420E3BCEB0FB0

Author: Stuart LeGrice and John Coffin; Virology Education
Runtime: 120 minutes
CIT File ID: None
CIT Live ID: 9582

Lokatie:
Webcast

Contact Informatie:
http://videocast.nih.gov/

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
XMRV Conference - Poster Presentations

I have a query re the 'Coffee Break & Poster Presentations' which are timetabled into the XMRV Conference itinerary, over the next 2 days. (Apologies if this has already been answered).

Are the Posters put up on a screen before & during the coffee break perhaps so everyone in the conference room sees them and there is discussion, or are they just posted around the conference room, or in the lobby, and people just stop by and study the ones that might be of interest (ie they may be seen by fewer people)?

Also, do they literally mean (paper) posters or on screen presentations?

It seems important how these presentations actually happen as for eg. one will be by de Merleir announcing positive XMRV findings in European ME/CFS patients, as I understood it, but he is not scheduled to give a lecture on it for eg.

Does anyone know please?
Thank you.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I have a query re the 'Coffee Break & Poster Presentations' which are timetabled into the XMRV Conference itinerary, over the next 2 days. (Apologies if this has already been answered).

Are the Posters put up on a screen before & during the coffee break perhaps so everyone in the conference room sees them and there is discussion, or are they just posted around the conference room, or in the lobby, and people just stop by and study the ones that might be of interest (ie they may be seen by fewer people)?

Also, do they literally mean (paper) posters or on screen presentations?

It seems important how these presentations actually happen as for eg. one will be by de Merleir announcing positive XMRV findings in European ME/CFS patients, as I understood it, but he is not scheduled to give a lecture on it for eg.

Does anyone know please?
Thank you.

Posters at conferences are literally that - big sheets of paper pinned on boards that delegates can wander round and look at. The authors usually stand next to their poster to answer questions.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Oops, didn't fully answer your question! Delegates are usually given lists of poster titles and a number that helps them locate the poster. If there are loads of posters this helps them to choose which ones to spend their time looking at. There's usually too much info on a poster for people to really stand there and absorb so authors often have versions printed on A4 sheets for people to take away and study at their leisure.

Poster sessions are also good networking sessions - Meirleir will probably be standing next to his poster, for example, so anyone who wants to meet him will know where to find him.

pictureofhealth

XMRV - L'Agent du Jour
That's v helpful Sasha thank you.

I note that there are only x3 poster presentations mentioned on the itinerary - (?de Merleir, Lerner and ?) - which are scheduled for x3 different coffee breaks - so that is also good news. It gives people a chance to focus on them if they want to.

sensing progress

That's v helpful Sasha thank you.

I note that there are only x3 poster presentations mentioned on the itinerary - (?de Merleir, Lerner and ?) - which are scheduled for x3 different coffee breaks - so that is also good news. It gives people a chance to focus on them if they want to.

Cheney is the third I believe.