• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Indium/Cell Food -- Improving Mineral Absorption ?

Wayne

Hi All,

I heard recently that the trace mineral indium is supposed to dramatically increase mineral absorption. As I began to do some research on it, I discovered the supplement Cell Food (Lumina Health Products) contains indium.

I've taken Cell Food in the past, but cut down recently to save money. And then I forgot completely about it for the past several weeks. Today was quite a difficult day for me, with lots of vertigo and plenty of other discomforts.

Well, I dug out my partial bottle of Cell Food, took three drops, and feel a lot better in just the past five minutes. I doubt that it is the indium in it for which I was originally searching for information. But more than likely the totality of the Cell Food product.

I did a little searching on indium online and came up with some interesting information. I'll paste a bit of it below for anybody who has an interest in it. It seems most of us struggle with gut/digestive/absorption problems, and many of us have low mineral counts. If indium could indeed improve our assimilation of minerals, it could be significant for some of us.

I haven't researched this a lot, but did notice that some of the literature was mentioning the potential for significantly improved immune function; which is why I put this thread in the Immune Modulating section. The section below also mentions "normalization of the hypothalamus and pituitary gland". That also feels like it could be pretty significant for many of us.

Anyway, I'm just getting started on exploring some of this. I would be interested in hearing what others may have learned and/or experienced regarding indium.

Best, Wayne

Researchers have identified over 40 health problems which the evidence indicates are really a deficiency of the natural trace element Indium. Studies have shown that Indium helps improve the absorption of essential trace elements - such as copper, manganese, chromium, copper and zinc - in the body. Indiums most important function is normalization of the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. Indium can also reduce intra-ocular pressure (IOP) in glaucoma. A study on mice showed 42% less cancer and malignant tumors with Indium supplementation. Indium helps replenish hormone levels that naturally start to fall with age. Indium can improve short-term memory.

The following is a quote from Dr. Morton Walker's new book "INDIUM" which states: "Just one daily drop of this completely over-looked nutrient can turn back the aging clock by stimulating a cascade of youth promoting hormones..more energy..more stamina. better vision..improved bodily functions and relief from a myriad of maladies associated with aging."

What is Indium?

Indium is a soft silvery-metal that does not dissolve in water until compounded by laboratory personnel. It is the third heaviest molecular element known to be useful in nutrition, as Element No. 49. It is never found in food or water or in our bodies after 25 to 30 years of age. Indium is close to being the tenth most scarce of all available elements on the Periodic Table of Elements. It also connects the two largest groups of elements known to be beneficial to human nutrition.

R

rainbow11

Wayne...

Thanks for posting this info regards the cell food. I have been on this supplement for over a year now and feel it is a keeper.

I do believe the cellular aspect to a lot of these immune disorders is paramount, and lack of minerals being consumed... or even being able to be absorbed also a major factor.

rainbow

dannybex

Rainbow!

I KNEW I remembered someone talking about the benefits of Cell Food -- it was you right? Over at Pro Health?

I finally got some last week, and started with a couple drops. I remember you (or someone) saying to take it slow, adding a drop or so a day.

Well, when I finished the first glass, I filled a second one, and squeezed the bottle a little too hard -- so instead of a drop, it was probably more like a dozen in one squirt!

I was fine however...and kept adding water to that same glass whenever it would get low.

The next day however...about mid-day...omg. I guess I can't describe it here without grossing anyone out. Let's just say it was a good thing I was at home, and not in line at the grocery store.

Thanks Rainbow -- and Wayne!

Dan

R

rainbow11

dannnybex..

Dannybex...
Yes, that was me over at PH talking about the cell food.....I believe some others have had some good results with it, too.

I never had what you described as a result of too much cf..... but there is no way I could have tolerated that large of a dose from the get go. For me... it was a pretty immediate reaction, and it was a very weird sensation... like my whole body was extremely jittery.. I did have some other, perhaps, releases of some type of die off or something.

Occasionally.. when I get busy or am feeling pretty good... I forget to take my supplements. So when I notice I'm feeling tired and low on energy... I start with the cf again and it perks me right up.

Keep us posted how you do with it. There is a little book about the cf that comes with it when you buy it at our local health food store where I live.

I thought the post Wayne recently posted on on PH.. same info as here, was good in regard to babyk902 relating about her doctor testing her cell integrity pre and post the cf... and the results.

rainbow

Wayne

For me... it was a pretty immediate reaction, and it was a very weird sensation... like my whole body was extremely jittery..

Hi Rainbow, Hi Dan,

After I took my three drops last night (an amount I took regularly 2-3 times a day before I quit taking it), I felt so much better within a few minutes. However, a couple hours later when going to bed, I felt a bit "buzzed". It took me a little while longer to get to sleep than normal. Ended up having some pretty lucid dreams, but slept fairly well (thanks to my saunas).

But then I woke up this morning with that same "buzz" I felt last night before going to sleep. Well, I started to do a few things, being ever so careful to pace myself and not overdo it. But I went from feeling slightly buzzed to a feeling of gently pacing myself as I started to get organized for my midwest trip.

All in all, a good experience for me. I had been struggling so much these past few weeks after doing those two dental visits. Today was the first day that I've done this well since then. It will be interesting to see how tomorrow will be. I'm feeling fairly confident I didn't overdo. If I do get some PEM, I'll see if more Cell Food might alleviate some of that.

Good to hear from you both. :)

Wayne

R

rainbow11

Wayne...

If I may suggest.... perhaps taking the cell food quite a few hours before retiring... say, don't take it past 5:00 in the evening.

So glad it's working for you... and perhaps it's giving your body a little extra oomph to rid some of those dental toxins...

Hope you enjoy your planned trip.

rainbow

tango

I read that cellfood has deuterium sulfate in it which sounds unsafe. Does anyone understand the chemistry of cellfood and the safety issues??!?