• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

coming off sleep meds??

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Has anyone ever come off sleep meds and after a few weeks reverted back to sleeping normally or atleast better then when on sleep meds. Im not sure whether to try this or not. Im not sure if my sleep problems will go away as the underlying problem (cfs) which is causing it will still be there. My doctor said the first few weeks would be hell and i would need to take time off work to do it and a chance that i might not be sleeping any better.

Can anyone with cfs share any similar experiences with coming off sleep meds and how it all worked out for them?

cheers!!!

off sleep meds

I've gotten off of the sleep cocktail prescribed for me at the FCC that I had taken for the last few years.
I hadnt been sleeping well and tried to increase the Klonopin which made me agitated. Getting off of K and alprazolam are both hell and do take a couple of weeks. That was Jan. Then I decided some of the others were also bothering me, so I ended up pretty much off of everything.
I'm sorry to report my sleep is no better. You're right, the underlying ME/CFS is still present, therefore the sleep disorder is still present.

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Tapering off of Klonopin is typically recommended at a much slower rate.

This site has some suggestions for tapering schedules.

sela

i took many many months to taper from klonapin. sleep is still a slight issue . i take melatonin, benadryl, and gaba. a lot. but i do sleep and all night long too. it's worth doing i think to get off that stuff.

paddygirl

Jasmine for sleep

i took many many months to taper from klonapin. sleep is still a slight issue . i take melatonin, benadryl, and gaba. a lot. but i do sleep and all night long too. it's worth doing i think to get off that stuff.

I just came upon an article on Yahoo Health about recent studies on an extract of jasmine for sleep. The studies were very successful. I tried to cut and paste, but my tech team are away (my daughters) and its beyond me. It also mentioned gaba. I'm a big fan of natural things for some of our symptoms as the amount of tablets and vits we could take is overwhelming.

It's dated 8th June, can someone have a look and see if its worth placing here? I sometimes put lavender oil in a burner and it helps. No hangover feeling.

Thanks!