• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone USED AMPHOTERICIN B pure powder in capsules?

keenly

Its the only other gut only antifungal after Nystatin.

I have tried the solution(liquid) but it was full of sugars. I had no bad recations and its one of the safest medications on the planet.

I am in the uk and i beieve in Franc eyou can get the pure pwder in capsules?

any thoughts?

Yes I used Ampho B in capsules on my kids, got from a compounding pharmacy on prescription. I did not see much from it, it was not very effective for them, but of course it is worth a try. The only problem for us was that since they cannot swallow capsules I had to open them and mix the powder content with some liquid, and that stained their teeth really bad orange. But of course this is just minor and not a problem if you swallow the capsules, I would think.

keenly

Yes I used Ampho B in capsules on my kids, got from a compounding pharmacy on prescription. I did not see much from it, it was not very effective for them, but of course it is worth a try. The only problem for us was that since they cannot swallow capsules I had to open them and mix the powder content with some liquid, and that stained their teeth really bad orange. But of course this is just minor and not a problem if you swallow the capsules, I would think.

what pharmacy?