• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VIPdx Antibody Testing of Prior PCR/Culture test samples

Levi

Read Amy Dockser's WSJ article today and revisited XMRV developments. Its been months since I have bothered to update. XMRV research is still a mess. Marguerite at VIPdx was called, and she says something is in the works but not finalized for prior test patients. Perhaps they will be antibody testing the old blood samples, or maybe they will want new blood samples. No mention of costs, etc. They will send out letters to patients when they get it all figured out.

George

waitin' fer rabbits
Read Amy Dockser's WSJ article today and revisited XMRV developments. Its been months since I have bothered to update. XMRV research is still a mess. Marguerite at VIPdx was called, and she says something is in the works but not finalized for prior test patients. Perhaps they will be antibody testing the old blood samples, or maybe they will want new blood samples. No mention of costs, etc. They will send out letters to patients when they get it all figured out.

Hey Levi - good to see ya. Woof, Woof. VIP dx still on for unveiling of the XMRV antibody test tomorrow??

Levi

Hey Levi - good to see ya. Woof, Woof. VIP dx still on for unveiling of the XMRV antibody test tomorrow??

Thanks George. It did not sound like the test would be available tommorrow. Its not prime time ready yet.

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Good to know Sushi. I got a test kit in the mail after getting on the wating list a month ago when the serology test was announced. I was told they would be shipping an extra vial for the antibody test so I think I have the vials for culture and serology - the information in the box was rather lacking.

I didn't expect them to ship the kit without calling first. My wife and I have to talk about spending the $ right given finances and the state of treatment options right now.

But I don't think I'll be ordering the CDC test kit. ;)

Lynn

Yes, I received a kit as well. I have a Doctor's appt. in two weeks. I hope the new test is released by then!

Lynn