• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very important!

Frank

A few days ago i was afraid we would not reach top-200, but things are starting to look good now. If we keep up this tempo we should get there.

*GG*

Not sure if people are using this, but PANDORA asked people to leave a comment after voting, something to this effect:

What a great cause! so glad to see so many working for positive change in the world!

If you are looking for another great cause to cast a vote for, please consider P.A.N.D.O.R.A. known in the contest as PATIENT ALLIANCE NEUROENDOCRINEIMMU DISORDERS ORG FOR RESECH & ADV INC. We assist individuals with chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Chronic Lyme disease, multiple chemical sensitivities and Gulf War Illness.

Here is our link: http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/550795076-p...

Dolphin

Still 88th

However gap is now 203 (7 closer)
PANDORA: 817
200th position: 614

The situation is looking better than I thought 48 hours ago.
On leaderboard:
89th now

However gap is now 196 (7 closer)
PANDORA: 831
200th position: 635

It's still holding up ok.

Dolphin

Away this weekend

I will probably not be on the internet from Friday night.

But Frank and others I'm sure will doing any updates necessary.

*GG*

So my sister used all 20 votes and sent me her 2 gift votes. I noticed how I could not use both on PANDORA, but I used 1 of the extras and tried to post on A Spring of Hope since they are/were #2 with 9K+ votes! but for some reason it did not let me leave a message as I posted above!

Can I still get more gift votes from someone else and use 1 on PANDORA again?

Dolphin

On leaderboard:
89th now

However gap is now 196 (7 closer)
PANDORA: 831
200th position: 635

It's still holding up ok.
They seem to be updating it more than twice a day now.

90th now

However gap is now 197 (1 further away! :Retro smile: )
PANDORA: 851
200th position: 654

Dolphin

They seem to be updating it more than twice a day now.

90th now

However gap is now 197 (1 further away! :Retro smile: )
PANDORA: 851
200th position: 654
It's not safe yet.

93th now.

Gap is now 186 (11 closer )
PANDORA: 865
200th position: 679

ETA: I have just posted on a few more Facebook ME/CFS groups. I'm not a member of any Fibromyalgia groups so haven't posted there. If one searches for M.E., CFS, Fibromyalgia, etc., one can find them. I haven't been finding many plugs for PANDORA except one on June 17. People sending more reminders would be good.

Dolphin

(Slightly off-topic)

The Harry Potter Alliance

The Harry Potter Alliance tackles the worlds most pressing issues in ways that no one else ever has: by helping people turn their love for story into lifting the story of humanity. We helped save thousands of lives during Helping Haiti Heal. We have achieved so much for literacy, equality, and human rights with barely any funding! Imagine how many more people we could help if we win. Vote now. Harry Potter Alliance for the win!
Last time it registered with me (probably in last 48 hours), they were in 3rd place and on 10,xxx.
Then today they jumped on the leaderboard to 12,984.
Click on them now and they are 16,000!

So since the leaderboard was last updated, they got 3,000 votes!

Dolphin

I think we have a fight on our hands!

It's not safe yet.

93th now.

Gap is now 186 (11 closer )
PANDORA: 865
200th position: 679
Since the last update,
PANDORA have dropped 11 places to 104th.

And
Gap is now 159 (27 closer!!!)
PANDORA: 879
200th position: 720

Tuha

they just made actualisation. we lost a lot again. the gap is now 159 points and there are still 7 days left. If we dont do something we will lose it.

Lynn

Could we change the name of this thread so that it can get more attention? Or better yet, why don't we start a new thread so that there is not much to read for newcomers. Maybe something like "PANDORA desperately needs your help to win $250,000 - only a few days left!" And of course include the instructions on how to vote.

Lynn

Dolphin

Could we change the name of this thread so that it can get more attention? Or better yet, why don't we start a new thread so that there is not much to read for newcomers. Maybe something like "PANDORA desperately needs your help to win $250,000 - only a few days left!" And of course include the instructions on how to vote.

Lynn
I'd go with another thread with whatever title you like. Us anoraks (??) (or maybe that's just me!) can still have this thread for updating on the votes and the like.

Tuha

maybe we can write once more to the members in the mailingslist of emergency action group. there are around 300 members. maybe we can get some more votes. can you do it frank?

Dolphin

Since the last update,
PANDORA have dropped 11 places to 104th.

And
Gap is now 159 (27 closer!!!)
PANDORA: 879
200th position: 720
Since the last update,
PANDORA have dropped 10 places to 114th.

And
Gap is now 133 (26 closer!!!)
PANDORA: 890
200th position: 757

There really needs to be a push now or it will lose I think.

Frank

damn, the gap should be at least 50 to 75 votes, for the last day. We can expect a final sprint from the causes behind us.

Dolphin

maybe we can write once more to the members in the mailingslist of emergency action group. there are around 300 members. maybe we can get some more votes. can you do it frank?
In this situation, I think it is necessary.

There are at least 51 new people on it (as there were 259 on June 20th and now 310 - presuming it went up to 259).

Also, initially WPI got a lot more votes than PANDORA so some of the people who got it might not have voted for PANDORA.

But up to Frank.

Dolphin

damn, the gap should be at least 50 to 75 votes, for the last day. We can expect a final sprint from the causes behind us.
Although of course we could sprint too. PANDORA covers so many conditions it should have a good chance if groups can be mobilised.

Tuha

when is the dead line - 13 th of July? it will be really frustrated if we will lose it - at least for me. maybe we can try to ask the people who will be in chat room? or is it not possible to send an email or an appel to all the members of this forum? like their could see it on their notification or something like this

Dolphin

People could add it into their signature until the end.

That would mean anytime they post, it would show up. Also it shows up on messages you have already posted.