Quick update on things for you:
- Haven't been able to sleep more than 4-5 hours since the other day when I got an amazing 11 hours in.
- There are periods of lethargy that seem overwhelming - usually just as I'm getting up from my nap to go to work.
- Haven't had any "really energetic" periods like I did when on just 450mg daily - but still occasionally able to do more. For instance, I was able to wash dishes and take out the garbage 2 days ago.
- The brain is occasionally razor sharp, but usually is having problems with concentration. Makes it difficult to get cerebral things done to be sure...
- Feeling an infrequent sensation in my arm muscles that they are strong. Makes me want to strengthen them, lift some weights, but there isn't the energy to make them work for more than a few moments (meaning -> they're still pretty weak).
Have a good week everybody!
=== BY THE NUMBERS: DAY 13 ===
Weight: (haven't reweighed)
Activity Level: 5-6, depending on the day
Current Dosing: 450mg twice daily (day six of this level)
Lab values of note: No new labs
Valcyte - Day 13
Blog entry posted by ArgyrosfeniX, Jan 25, 2012.
About the Author
Living with ME/CFS since the age of 16 (1989). Was persistent enough to get three Associates Degrees and get married through it all. Working hard to keep going for as long as I can before becoming bedridden. Current treatment plan is to use Valcyte for 2 years starting January 13th, 2012, then possibly switch to Valtrex for an indefinite period. "Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live." ~ Jean Cocteau