Predicted a Bacterial infection based on my CFS behabior - Strep Throat

Blog entry posted by lnester7, Feb 23, 2017.

This is amazing, I always get "normal" energy when I get a cold, or several viral (Zica also) and it is a constant for me.

This week I felt fluish and just wiped out, first day I was very weird out because when I feel a cold I am supposed to feel amazing (I am the only person in the world that celebrates a cold, the worst the better).

Second day, I say something is wrong, I am going to the doctor. My husband gets freaked out because I never go to the doctor for stuff like this. I explain to him that I must have a bacterial infection because I have no energy, and behold! I had strep throat!!!!

It just amazes me that I have come to understand my CFS behavior to this point.
pibee, Bookworm84 and TiredSam like this.
  1. Pen2
    That's so good that you know yourself so well. I sure do wish colds gave me energy! That's awesome Inester7!
    I have been away from PR for about a week or more. I got a.....cold....but the worst was a UTI that is taking a long time to go away! They switched antibiotics last Thursday. I still haven't improved much.
    I wonder if CFS makes it harder to fight off infections.

I am just getting to know myself as I except my life with ME/CFS. A long process. I was in denial too long.
    So I hope to get where you are eventually.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Pen2
    lnester7 likes this.