1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!

movies about cfs/me

Blog entry posted by Andrew, Oct 25, 2010.

It occurred to me that it might be easier to explain CFS to family and friends by asking them to watch a movie on the web.

The first one is a 12 minute news special. It would not be much of a time investment for someone to watch.

The next one is a 1 hour CFS documentary from 1993. It's interesting to notice that nothing has really changed for us.
  1. Trooper
    "I remember Me" might be useful Andrew. Well made and explains the illness and the absolute mess that's been made in (not) dealing with it. It's up on youtube at the moment, split into 9 videos. I am not sure if it's copyright protected, so it could disappear any moment!

[media]

Links to the following parts are in the right side menu...
  2. Cort
    Great stuff Andrew - thanks!
  3. Andrew
    I've heard so many conflicting things with Ampligen. But it was the only drug that showed any promise at all, and I always felt it should have been our choice to try it. I'd like to see it available too.
  4. vdt33
    Thanks for finding these, Andrew. At the time these movies were made, I did not even know there was such a thing called CFS, although I had been ill with it since at least 1975.

vdt
  5. Carrigon
    I've heard so many conflicting things with Ampligen. But it was the only drug that showed any promise at all, and I always felt it should have been our choice to try it.
  6. Andrew
    No, nothing has really changed for us. And the promise of Ampligen has been tainted. You saw Nancy Kaiser in the movie as the woman whose life was saved. But later things changed (http://www.ncf-net.org/forum/fall-vol12-3-2.htm).
  7. TheMoonIsBlue
    Does anyone know what is happening with that "What about M.E.?" documentary? There was a post about it a while back with a link.....
  8. Carrigon
    That documentary is still the story of my life. And it's just amazing that there really hasn't been much progress in all these years. Doctors still treat us like garbage. Ampligen is still not approved. The media ignores us, everyone is still ignoring us. When is it going to end?