1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!

educating your doctor and you

Blog entry posted by Andrew, May 21, 2010.

I have been in several discussions where patients say they were asked by doctors to suggest articles or studies about the treatment of CFS/ME. Because this topic keeps coming up, I created this list with the help of other patients. It also includes information for ME/CFS patients who want a
foundation for dealing with their illness

Ive attached it here as a PDF. Its still a work in progress. Feedback is welcome.

reading list updated June 11, 2014

Attached Files:

1. Lesley
    I know it took a lot of work to pull this together. Thanks!
  2. Andrew
    Hi Jace. I'm not sure what problem you are having with the PDF. On my computer if I want to open it from this website I just click on it. My browser gives me the choice to view it or save it to my computer. That's all you need to look at it, save it, print it, etc.

If I wanted to modify it for your own use, then you would copy and paste its contents into your word processor. To do this, first open the PDF, go Edit|Select All. Then go to Edit|Copy. Then paste into your word processor.

If you simply can't open it, you need the free Adobe Reader which is available at the Adobe web site.
  3. jace
    Thanks, Andrew. Educating our doctors is important. I can't copy and past from a PDF though - can anyone tell me how to do it?

I'd like to add Gerwyn's guide here and the Canadian guidelines for medical practitioners - available for 80p per copy (full colour, swish edition) plus 1 p&p in the UK at present from

Invest in ME
    PO Box 561
    Eastleigh
    Hampshire
    SO50 0GQ