Caledonia's Methylation and Mercury Links

Blog entry posted by caledonia, Mar 27, 2015.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional, and nothing I say should be considered medical advice.

Important Note:
Bottom line, your SNPs may suggest this or that based on various interpretations, but you'll still have to go through cautious trial and error to figure out what works best for you. For the B vitamins, there are two rescue supplements you need to have on hand before you start experimenting and you need to start with very low doses and gradually work your way up only if tolerated, or you may be very sorry, like needing a trip to the emergency room sorry. 1000mcg is not a low dose. 1mcg is a low dose.

Caledonia's methylation videos / documents

1. Methylation Made Easy - if you don't know where to start - start here. Four short videos explain the basics. No background music version
  2. SNPs interpretation Guide - How to interpret your methylation and detox SNPs
  3. Start Low and Go Slow - How To Be Safe On A Methylation Protocol
  4. Roadblocks to Successful Methylation Treatment
Find a Practitioner

Rich Van Konynenburg - Methylation Block/Glutathione Depletion Hypothesis, Simplified Methylation Protocol, HDRI Methylation Panel interpretation

Functional Testing - the NutrEval test

Chris Kresser - General B12 info
Dr. Ben Lynch videos and links
Heartfixer / CBS
Dr. Amy Yasko
Freddd
  • Guide to Freddd's Protocol - summary by Ahmo
  • My Understanding of Freddd's Protocol - summary by Sheclimber
  • WARNING: ALA is one of the optional supplements in Freddd's protocol. According to Andrew Cutler, it's a bad idea to take ALA on a non-frequent dose schedule if you have mercury.

ALA is a mercury chelator. If you take it at intervals longer that it's half life, it will pull out some mercury, but then it will get redistributed again, causing various symptoms. Once or twice a day is not often enough, and the amount in the typical pill (100mg) is way too much for starting out.

Basically, if you try this, and you have mercury, you may get worse. I have personal experience with this happening.

See the link farther down this page for info on Andrew Cutler frequent dose chelation and how to test for mercury.
Genetic Testing and Analysis
  • 23andme
  • Genetic Genie - Automated methylation and detox analysis from 23andme results
  • NEW! Strategene - by Ben Lynch - pathway diagram with your SNPs and epigenetic factors affecting them. Designed as a better way to interpret SNPs than other confusing reports.
Detox SNPs info - Detoxigenomics / MTHFRsupport.com

Andrew Cutler Mercury Toxicity and Frequent Dose Chelation

Gut Rebuilding
Mental Illness and Methylation
Sundancer, Eneia, Dabam and 29 others like this.
  1. Sundancer
    thanks a lot, soon I'll print the things related to fredds protocol, instead of reading all those long thread, gift of heaven this is!
  2. caledonia
    Updated 1-2-18 with new Ben Lynch and Andy Cutler frequent dose chelation info.
  3. suraj
    @caledonia i got a great link YOU SHOULD WATCH and add to your SNPs reference doc.

http://go.drbenlynch.com/fb-live-recap
  4. MissCB
    You're an absolute Godsend! Thank you for compiling this for us!
  5. neptuna
    This is so helpful. Thank you so much for putting these all in one place.
  6. Chocolove
    You gave us a highway through the jungle. I'd be very interested in your thoughts about unrealized Vitamin A deficiency. Check out my findings with cites:
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/unrealized-vitamin-a-deficiency-even-despite-supplementation-in-many.45357/
  7. medfeb
    Just found this, Caledonia. Just getting into this so I really appreciate it!
  8. JMS1958
    Thank you, I know half of these links and will enjoy all the other new ones.
  9. caledonia
    Updated 12-7-2015 with current methylation practitioner links.
  10. xena
    This is wonderful! I can like feel the endorphins when I see this, thank you so much for among this, its just what I was looking for!