Blog entries from sregan

sregan has a total of 53 entries.

1. sregan
    Currently taking: B1, B2, B3, B5, Pantethine, Biotin, PABA, p5p Mega Mins, Jarrow Multi Minerals, Mag-Glycinate, Opti Zinc, Molybdenum, Manganese, Selenium, Boron Vitamin D3, A + BetaC, Multi E, K2 Lithium and Iodine about 2pm Betaine? Lysine ToDo Folate or B12? Iron - can be supplemented or increased with Betaine or B2 Essential Fatty Acids Still looking assuming some trace mineral...
    sregan, Nov 30, 2017
  2. sregan
    “I had a large effect from increasing my zinc from 15mg/day to 65mg. That made quite a difference oin the early years of MeCbl etc. I had been taking zinc for decades to no effect. After adding MeCbl, AdoCbl and L-methylfolate, suddenly the zinc made a huge difference.” "Starvation will usually result in several vitamin deficiencies. The most important of these with respect to refeeding is...
    sregan, Nov 16, 2017
  3. sregan
    My "output" seems to vary from being textbook perfect to not. Seems to to back and forth and certain things have seemed to help at times. Recently IBS-D moved in and there wasn't much I could do. I blogged about it and fought a great fight by boosting cortisol. Calcium and MFolate also helped and I got good results but didn't quite win the battle. I started thinking outside the box. If...
    sregan, May 30, 2017
  4. sregan
    Occasionally I take the right thing or combination of things and I reach a "mentally calm" state of mind. It's not like meditation or some altered state but my natural state that seems long forgotten but instantly recognized when it returns for a brief visit. It's like finding your way home without knowing you were even lost. For a brief visit I'm home. All the pleasant associations and...
    sregan, May 14, 2017
  5. sregan
    I knew Vitamin C was a big big deal. I've taken it before when my Adrenals have been tapped out and it works wonders. If you read about "Adrenal Support" supplements maybe half of them will even mention it if that many. It's probably the most important thing in my opinion. You may also read that Vitamin C lowers cortisol. Maybe but apparently your adrenals can't make cortisol without it and...
    sregan, Apr 12, 2017
  6. sregan
    In my last blog entry I made the connection between my increasing IBS, seasonal allergy (which was new for me) and my low cortisol levels. Note that I did a salivary test in the past which showed a high "morning response" then low the rest of the day. This was many years ago. But I know exactly what low cortisol feels like for me. My strategy to fix started with Pantethine and Paba. My old...
    sregan, Apr 8, 2017
  7. sregan
    This was a reply I added to this post it was eye opening for me and wanted to share it here.... I do believe that I was getting the coconut oil into my system just from keeping it in the oral cavity. My last post above is enough for me to believe that is possible. The initial reaction from the possibly bad (gram negative, candida, whatever we want to call it) bacteria was to completely shut...
    sregan, Mar 29, 2017
  8. sregan
    "Vit D ramps up thyroid hormone T4 -> T3 conversion, but it doesn't increase your ACTH and thus doesn't increase your cortisol. So if your cortisol is already too low, then boosting Vit D will further reduce your cortisol, because thyroid hormone T3 requires plenty of cortisol to achieve the boost in metabolism (since thyroid hormone T3 and cortisol work synergistically to achieve the...
    sregan, Feb 12, 2017
  9. sregan
    A very significant finding for me!!! In researching for my COMT++/MAO++ Daughter's OCD I have made a significant discovery. Based on this article that I was working off for my daughter's OCD. The relevant passages: When we experience stress, many people rally to the cause and increase their performance. Yet others seems to melt and fall apart under the same type of pressure. How can two...
    sregan, Oct 26, 2016
  10. sregan
    RE: This Post of mine It's been 2 years since I made the above post. Almost in panic because of the severity of how hard this was for her. What seemed like an acute onset of severe OCD. This was verified by a psychologist with a PHD who specializes in OCD. If you read the post you'll see I bounced from trying one thing to another. Many things seemed to help but nothing would last. I think I...
    sregan, Sep 9, 2016
  11. sregan
    In May I had one of the worst Flu's I've ever had. In a week I lost 6 pounds and my gut bacteria was a mess. Then a week of Zithro made things even worse. What came out of me did not look healthy in the least (enough said). I had some Jarrow Plantarum laying around so took a couple of those a day after the Flu and before the Zith and it helped a ton! Waited until after the Zith was over and...
    sregan, Apr 21, 2016
  12. sregan
    Trying to find out how much liposomal compares in absorption and effective dose as the other forms: From click here: "Reports say that 6 g of oral liposomally-carried vitamin C is equal in delivering vitamin C inside cells, where it does its work, to 50 grams of intravenous vitamin C." "A loading dose, for several months, of liposomal vitamin C is likely 2,000 mg three times a day,...
    sregan, Feb 13, 2016
  13. sregan
    Work in progress. Working this strategy around Ultra-Min and mineral replacement as the foundation Daily AM: Ultra-Min Likely: Sunflower Lecithin Likely: 50mg B3, nibble p5p and Tryptophan (might also add small amount of N-Acetyl Tyrosine) Optional Testing: Copper, Molybdenum, Boron Optional Testing: small amounts B1, B2, Biotin, B5 Optional Testing: MB12 Optional Testing: MFolate Optional...
    sregan, Jan 26, 2016
  14. sregan
    Today I took my first Ultra-Mins tablet this morning. Felt the familiar swishing in my head and knew I needed some Tryptophan to boost Serotonin. This morning took about 40mg B3, a nibble off my p5p and about 150 mg of N-Acetyl Tyrosine to boost Dopamine and a 500mg Jarrow Tryptophan. This has been an excellent day! One thing I wanted to mention was how difficult it is, for me anyway, to tell...
    sregan, Jan 23, 2016
  15. sregan
    Doing very good on my new Mineral protocol (in my previous post). Energy is starting to return, the most noticeable thing has been how it has evened out my mood. No more roller coaster and a bit of optimism coming through. Not sure if that is mostly the Chromium and Vanadium which are notorious for controlling blood sugar but I'll take it. Also possible that I have a Mercury burden from years...
    sregan, Jan 20, 2016