1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!

Blog entries from sregan

sregan has a total of 24 entries.

1. sregan
    caledonia What I call magnesium deficiency symptoms are heart palps and twitchy feet waking me up during sleep. Who knows, maybe those have been potassium symptoms the whole time, or maybe a combination of magnesium and potassium deficiency. I use Vinco's magnesium glycinate powder, Longevity Plus BioEnergyC (vit C buffered with ribose), and salt (plain table salt). MadieTodd My tell-tale was...
    sregan, Jul 17, 2014
  2. sregan
    Methyl Trap: What is Methyl Trapping Forum entry How to untrap a Methyl Trap Freddd: Rich gives a very good desription of it somewhere that could be found. Basically the "methyltrap" (hypothesis for 30 years or so) occurs when there is not enough MeCbl for the methylfolate in the cell to complete it's function and it is kicked out of the cell, causing distinctive folate deficiency symptoms...
    sregan, Jul 5, 2014
  3. sregan
    New member Dog Person, has looked at my Doctors Data hair mineral results from a test done two years ago, and told me she thought I had a riboflavin deficiency. Dog person's hair analysis thread My name is Christine Huebner Apparently, it can develop when there is an extra call on it, for example, when synthetic folic acid is not being converted to folate, when using vit C and Vit D. Because...
    sregan, Jul 5, 2014
  4. sregan
    whodathunkit But it does sound like you may be experiencing some paradoxical deficiency. Flu-like symptoms are pretty classic Keep taking small increments of potassium throughout the day. See if you can titrate to a point where you feel better. One dose isn't likely to do the whole trick. Another thing that might help you in the short term is to reduce or even stop LCF for a short time. I love...
    sregan, Jul 2, 2014
  5. sregan
    xchocoholic: Possibly because I'm a celiac and my gut never healed completely. Or I'm having immune system reactions. I had many improvements prior to starting these just by going on the elimination diet. Esp gluten but other food intolerances are responsible for my various "cfs" symptoms. For ex, gluten caused neuro reactions, the phlegm in my throat was and still is from soy. Shiners are from...
    sregan, Jul 1, 2014
  6. sregan
    I'm about 3 weeks into my current SMP attempt. Taking this first thing in the AM. Jarrow (Glass bottle) MB12 (50mcg) Folapro (25-50 mcg) ACBL (Anabol Naturals (2mg) Vitacost LCF (50mg) About 15mg each of B1, B2 and B3 and PABA and about 1mg of Biotin. Sublingual: 25mg p5p and 5mg Pantethine I put everything in a single capsule except the sublinguals (MB12, AB12, P5P and Pantethine). I also...
    sregan, Jun 30, 2014
  7. sregan
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/methylfolate-and-methylcobalamin-at-same-time.31072/#post-476040 Most do best with methylfolate several times a day because of it's relatively short halflife. It needs to be taken at different times form the potassium. So again, folate with 1 tablet each 4 hours might work better than 5 at once in the morning. Like potassium, I have gone into...
    sregan, Jun 25, 2014
  8. sregan
    I haven't been following lately because my brain fog has gotten worse. It's taking all my attention just to get through my work day and my output is about half of what it should be.I've been taking Stoneyfield yogurt and seeing more brain fog but a big improvement in my gut. Apparently a lot I googled this stuff and a lot of people are having the same experience. Many with IBS are seeing a huge...
    sregan, Nov 23, 2013
  9. sregan
    It took about 3 months but I'm finally feeling "my normal" again. I have been laying off all SMP sups and taking about 50 mg B3 per day. Each day I'm also taking my minerals with a small amount of B1, B2 and 7 mg p5p. I believe perhaps my methylation never stopped. I'm not sure how it could unless other systems in the body can make up for it somehow. I think the last ten years my methylation...
    sregan, Sep 18, 2013
  10. sregan
    I was having a very hard time after stopping my last round of SMP. I did for about a month and was feeling very well taking a small (1/8 tablet) amount of MCbl and (1/8 Folapro) MFolate. The benefit was there but my mood was a little over dopminated I believe (balance of the tryptophan->Serotonin, tyrosine->Norepinephrine/Dopamine and acetycholine pathways was still off). Focus was better and...
    sregan, Aug 26, 2013
  11. sregan
    Click here
    sregan, Aug 15, 2013
  12. sregan
    I've moved this from the forum for my reference to have it all in one place. Jul 8: Lately I've been having a hard time just getting out of bed. Still feeling wiped out in the morning and really am very slow to wake up. I have to force myself to open my eyes, try to let the light wake me up. I drag myself into the shower hoping it will wake me up. I can take 20-30 minutes just to get out of...
    sregan, Aug 5, 2013
  13. sregan
  14. sregan
    Now to discover what this means [IMG]
    sregan, May 20, 2013
  15. sregan
    My current protocol after some trial and error. I seem to really need the Cobalamins now with very little folate. Every few days I take 200 mcg of folicin which kicks my ass. I know when I'm approaching the wall when I do not want to get out of bed in the morning. Extra sleep doesn't seem to help my situation though and it's better to get up on time..... but I reallllly want to go back to bed....
    sregan, May 15, 2013